FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ghost Rider

theac
this movie was alright i thought the plot of the movie was alright but man it really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Jeezzee oooooo a guy sells his sole for love... right then becomes a ghost rider:D right anyways if you liked this movie go ahead and reply so i got a way to make some points up... i am getting low Very Happy
KoiboySG1
I have seen this movie. its not my favorite one but the special effects are realy great.
Archetype
I haven't seen it, but the commercials looked half decent. I don't get why it was nominated for a few Razzies (crappiest of crap movie awards). I didn't think it looked that bad from the commercials, but these movies don't get nominated for no reason. Something about a bear suit, I think. Hahaha.
budazz
i havent seen this movie but.....i wanna watch it ..according to my friends its a great film.......... Very Happy
Captain Fertile
Sorry I haven't seen this movie and I don't see how me typing is going to earn you any points?

If you are struggling to find things to talk about on FriHost so soon (you've only made a few posts yourself and already you are creating new threads) then you are in for a rough ride ahead.

There are tons of existing posts out there for you to actively join in with and have a postive input.

I'm sure the comment you made about points being low was just a throw-away remark but be careful, the all-seeing mods are watching and if you want web space you need to be active.

Hope this helps isnpire you a little Very Happy

Keep posting my friend!

Regards
The Captain
Guyon
I have not seen tis movie but want to. My big qquestion is how well doe's it compare to the actual comic?

I hate how some of the movies try to change or improve the real story (Superman, fantastic 4). Come on guys you are making a movie because the comic was great, so DON"t change it. LOL
Star Wars Fanatic
I enjoyed this movie, it was pretty good. Although some of the things they did made it seem like they were trying for a horror movie, but I didn't find it horriffying in the least.

As for comparing with the comic, I am not sure, I have never gotten into Ghostrider, lol Rolling Eyes

The ending seemed sorta like they were planning a second one, but they could get away with not doing it.

Overall, I say this was a great movie, and one worth watching. Razz
Scaramanga
Well it's got a 29% Rotten at RottenTomatoes.com, even WITH it's stellar opening weekend (which I'm not sure says anything, considering they pumped $110m into this behemoth.)

And from all reports and reviews I see, Cage overacts his way through this farce. Maybe I'll see it on Netflix.
apple
We saw it last night. I did not find it to be quite impressive.

My major complaint is that the start was wayyyyyy to slow.
indeedwrestling
This is a terrible movie that five years ago would never have been produced unless in cartoon form. Only the fact there are so many special effects save the awful idea. Nicholas Cage is so weak.
creakinator
I enjoyed the movie. I never read the comic book or heard of it before. My sister wanted to go see it an Nicolas Cage was in it.

Christy
sonicj
As usual, if a critic does not like a movie...I end up liking it. I too would be much happier if all movies based from comics I read as a kid, stuck to the script of the comic. I know there are differences in how you have to portray things in a movie, but at least you could stick to the origins. Honestly I am not sure on GhostRiders origin, so can't comment.

All in all I enjoyed the movie. I hope when Stan Lee gets control of his creations back we will see something closer to the real thing.
driftingfe3s
The moive looks good, but I don't think I'll watch it anytime soon. The plot looks awful to me. But who knows, my opinion may change after I watch it.
Scaramanga
OK, I finally managed to see this film, and all I can say is...

Comedy of the YEAR!
altikris
I was severly dissapointed. the effects were good like everyone else says. I like Nicholas Cage and if anyone else played this role, it would have been horrible.
engeland
If i were to rate this movie i'd give it a 6/10. And that just 2 points extra coz the effects were okay. not great, just okay. First, ghost rider looks so fake. Second, (the biggest dissapointment) was that storyline was very poor. The whole movie, was quite shallow, even if you had low expectations before watching it
rheanna
Looks bad Arse and I can't wait to see it... so ssh no plot giving away! Laughing
Scaramanga
rheanna wrote:
Looks bad Arse and I can't wait to see it... so ssh no plot giving away! Laughing

Don't worry, there's no plot to give away.

Also, what was Peter Fonda thinking? Paycheck?!
altikris
yeah there is no plot to give away. the more I think about it, the stupider this movie is...lol
reactive
I must say this movie was one of Nicholas Cage's worst movie I've ever seen, I don't know why(boredom) have I wasted my time on this movie in the first place, although I hope Cage's upcoming movies will be better, especially National Treasure 2
MYP415
I thought this movie was horrible, definitely one of the worst movies I've seen in a while.
vaoger
i was a big fan of its comic...
but i quite dissapointed when i go for the movie!!
the cgi is good.. anything else also look good!1
he only problem i had is the "eye or look of justice "
the efffect on the eye look so dull to me!!
and here are not much story told bout the ghost raider... he old guy!!
i am a big fan of the horse version of ghost raider!!
lookcool n dashing!!

but overall!1
two tumb up!!
yippeee!!
RT Cunningham
I read the comic back in the 70s (shut up). The origin in the movie is pretty similar to the origin in the comics, only updated for the new generation.

The movie started very slow, but like other origin movies, they had a lot of ground to cover and not a lot of time to do it in.

The special effects were good and the plot was okay. I think I would have been happier with an unknown playing the part of Johnny Blaze though.

Ghost Rider 2 will be much better I'm sure.
Scaramanga
reactive wrote:
I must say this movie was one of Nicholas Cage's worst movie I've ever seen, I don't know why(boredom) have I wasted my time on this movie in the first place, although I hope Cage's upcoming movies will be better, especially National Treasure 2

Wait you thought this movie was horrible, but yet you WANT to see a National Treasure 2? Are... are you a masochist by any chance?
RT Cunningham
National Treasure was actually much better than Ghost Rider. (I especially hated that hair of his in Ghost Rider -- it looked fake.)

But I think there are entirely too many movies recently with Nicholas Cage as the main star. That's just creepy.
Blu_Spykz
Bit of an "Exactly what I expected" film...

But, still worth a watch. Good acting, mild humour. A fairly good comic book movie.
Guyon
Hey all,

Just thought I'd give my humble opinion of the Ghost Rider movie. I loved it! I know the GR mythos in general but I'm not as well versed as I am in say Spidey. So the changes they made to the movie didn't jump out at me or annoy me like they normally do in Comic/Videogame/anime adaptations. I thought Nicholas Cage did a great job, Eva Mendes was actually kinda lame. She is hot and they were plenty of cleavage shirts but her acting reminded me of Jessica Simpson. Not good. The special effects were amazing. Even though it was just a flaming skull with he looked real. Some how it looked like you would believe it if you saw it in real life. The fight scenes could have been longer with each of the demons but they were still cool to see the different ways he had to fight them so as to hit their weakness's. All in all it is one of the best Marvel Adaptations in my view. it ranks up there with Spidey, Punisher, and Daredevil. If your a GR fan or a Marvel fan in general go see it!
vignesh_natraj
Hi
I saw Ghost Rider Last week and it was quite a good movie
It had everything in it like love, graphics , passion , sentiment
how do you rate it my rating 4 stars
arkebuzer
From what people have said in this thread it sounds like a decent movie.
Ive seen some cool commercials for it on TV aswell, so I think Ill go watch it next week Very Happy
vignesh_natraj
Archetype wrote:
I haven't seen it, but the commercials looked half decent. I don't get why it was nominated for a few Razzies (crappiest of crap movie awards). I didn't think it looked that bad from the commercials, but these movies don't get nominated for no reason. Something about a bear suit, I think. Hahaha.

is may be for the logic
some people argue how can a bike go on flame and how can he ride on a building top etc etc
but it was a nice movie
Scaramanga
vignesh_natraj wrote:
Archetype wrote:

is may be for the logic
some people argue how can a bike go on flame and how can he ride on a building top etc etc
but it was a nice movie

Oh no, that sort of crap was the least of this movie's problems. I mean, I'm willing to forgive a bit of fantasy, especially in a comic-book film. But with ridiculous dialog and the decidedly flat acting, nah I think it's a definite stinker.
linangan
This movie possibly has one of the worst scripts ever. It's very surprising that the writer/director of this movie was still given the chance to do (or not-do) another thing after the garbage titled Daredevil. the whole thing was tacky, comical and absolutely over the top. You can see the effort -- how it tries to be a good movie -- but it just never gets there. I know that the main character has a head almost constantly aflame, but even so, the whole stylized acting and dialogue thing just didn't work for me. The one thing that was nice about the movie were Eva Mendes' boobies. Too bad Cage's receding hairline was too distracting.
bukaida
Photography was gr8 but not the story. A bit confused whether it is a curse or boon. Laughing
rheanna
Cool I liked the movie. Now if only I can get my motorcycle to do that. lol
noliver
Well I agree that the beginning of this movie is extremely slow. I really had to battle to stay awake. Must say that the action picked up a bit later though. Not a great movie but also not the worse movie I have ever seen. Sort of in the middle tending towards acceptable.
Idoru
I liked it. Not 'epic', but rather 'cool'. Who can't like a nice dude like cage getting
all fiery and skelatar on a motorcycle? Twisted Evil

Perhaps not one of the deepest movies I've seen, but then again, that's not what
one is looking for when watching a movie like this. I for one is more looking for
cool, action, etc, and that I got! Twisted Evil

See it if you haven't, but don't expect anything but a beautiful action-movie.