FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Favorite B-Movie?

pedrothelion
With all these 'what's your favorite movie?' threads and other hype I thought hey, I've watched a couple of really neat B-movies throughout my life, mostly because me and a couple of friends used to do 'B-Movie days' after school when I was still going through high school so presented here in no particular order are some of the funniest b-movies i've ever seen:

Cyber-cop (A kind of Robocop-esque story can't ever go wrong, or could it?
Spiders (From the animal horror series. I wanted to see the Elephants one but I guess this one was ok for a b-movie as well..!)

Oh, I gotta put Snakes on a Plane as an honourable mention, it had all the wonderful must-haves of a typical b-movie; partial nudity, class acting, awesome one-liners.
HDirtwater
My favorite B movie of all time is Tremors starring Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward. Some may disagree with the B-movie category, mostly because it spawned 2 sequels and a bad TV show, but it was never intended to do so. It was filmed on a tiny budget and never made a lot in it's original theatrical release.
Blu_Spykz
HDirtwater wrote:
My favorite B movie of all time is Tremors starring Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward. Some may disagree with the B-movie category, mostly because it spawned 2 sequels and a bad TV show, but it was never intended to do so. It was filmed on a tiny budget and never made a lot in it's original theatrical release.

Well it spawned 2 sequels and a prequel (which is set in the 1800's in the town of Rejection - (to be renamed "Perfection")) ...

but I agree, Tremors is my all time favourite B-Movie too. It is probably one of my favourite all time movies, and hands down beats "blockbusters" such as Titanic and other shit like that. Hah.

I do like a lot of BMovies - Howard The Duck, Night Of The Living Dead (in fact MOST B-Movie horror films are pretty decent (except Piranha 2)).
rightclickscott
I honestly don't think Trainspotting gets the respect it deserves.
Captain Fertile
What defines a B-Movie?

There is a list mentioned but that covers most movies being produced these days.

I can think of one movie that never seems to be mentioned anywhere and is one of my favourites, "My Cousin Vinnie" but I don't know if that is classed as a B-Movies iin these days where the movie only shows one movie and rarely a B-Movie as well as the main feature.

I would never have classed Train Spotting as a B-Movie in my hazy, probably misguided, classification of the genre but I agree 100% it is a great film and should be recognised as such by more people whatever it is.
twisthigh
What's a B-movie?
marrs
Horror,Horror,all the way that is why B movies where invented for

Evil Dead
Bad Taste
Wrong Turn
Trick or Treat
Demons

Basically zombie gore stuff lots of blood and a crappy story,that does it for me...;=)
theres lots more which I will add once they pop out of my mind....
Lusiphur
The Monster Club

Vincent Price at his best, B Movie Horror at it's best. This is typical B movie in the sense that it's so bad it's good. Also has Donald Pleasence as a detective hunting down a supernatual killer, always a winning formula Smile

And

The Black Cat

Maybe not quite a B-Movie, but Karloff and Lugosi in an Edgar Allan Poe book? Sounds good to me.

Anyone I know that's seen this considers it b-movie worthy, so am including it for the hell of it.
Dean_The_Great
I would have to say that my all time favourite B-Movie is Army of Darkness, although Evil Dead 2 is right up there.

And, also moving on a Bruce Campbell kick, I absolutely love Bubba Ho-Tep, if you're looking for a more contemporary B-movie.
pudovkin
Coffin' Joe films.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_Joe
http://www2.uol.com.br/zedocaixao/

... and soon will have a new one popping around (his last film was released about 20 years ago). It has been shot recently and I believe is almost finished.
Mordane
eight legged freaks
Liambaby
The Day The Earth Caught Fire.
Hands down, beats everything.

Notable mentions to: Day of the Triffids, (original) Invasion of the body snatchers, Plan 9 from Outer Space, Bride of the Atom, Day the Earth Stood Still and Nightbreed.
mattchun
Do you guys know that this Best Director of Academy Awards also directed several B-Movie.
neosree
I think Starship Troopers is one famous movie of this kind.
engeland
neosree wrote:
I think Starship Troopers is one famous movie of this kind.

Starship Troopers, yeap definitely. That movie, sort of never gets old.
rheanna
Laughing Watch Bog People OMG so B-rated I don't know how it got into the movies! And Succubus HAHAHA they both s*cked!
HoboPelican
Dean_The_Great wrote:
I would have to say that my all time favourite B-Movie is Army of Darkness, although Evil Dead 2 is right up there.

And, also moving on a Bruce Campbell kick, I absolutely love Bubba Ho-Tep, if you're looking for a more contemporary B-movie.

Good lord! I was thinking of Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-tep when I read the topic Laughing Bruce Campbell is THE B-movie king. I just saw on IMDB that he is gonna make "Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires". Laughing

Dean, if you haven't read it yet, you ought to get "If Chins Could Kill" by Bruce. Lots of insight into making the Evil Dead.
marrs
HoboPelican wrote:
Dean_The_Great wrote:

Good lord! I was thinking of Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-tep when I read the topic Laughing Bruce Campbell is THE B-movie king. I just saw on IMDB that he is gonna make "Bubba Nosferatu and the Curse of the She-Vampires". Laughing

Dean, if you haven't read it yet, you ought to get "If Chins Could Kill" by Bruce. Lots of insight into making the Evil Dead.

At the moment they are showing the evil dead the musical in the theater but its only in NYC ;=( but it would be a great present,so if you would like to give me something you know what..heres the link to the book http://www.evildeadthemusical.com/ I heard a ripped audio from the show it sounds incredible!
In the front row of the theater (these are the blood seats) the audience gets waterproof jackets,I wonder why??
rein
Bubba Ho-tep is my all-time favorite B-movie.
Its greatness will never be equaled. Ever.

HoboPelican wrote:
Dean_The_Great wrote:

RT Cunningham
Damn. People beat me to it.

All three Evil Dead movies. Bruce Campbell is the king of cheese.

Bubba Ho-tep - Great movie which would have sucked if he wasn't in it.

Nobody mentioned "The Man With The Screaming Brain", also starring Bruce Campbell.

Oh, and all of the Living Dead movies done by that Romero guy, not the others.
varun_dodla
twisthigh wrote:
What's a B-movie?

This should help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-movie
scottycrip
What a great topic. The great thing about B-movies are that you are the only one you know who likes them (except for [sometimes] your very close friends and people on message boards like these).

My faves are anything bruce campbell (evil dead, army of darkness, bubba ho tep) I love that he appears in raimi's films nowadays

Dead Alive, Bad Taste (the man goes from these to Lord of the Rings. Amazing)

They Live (Rowdy Roddy Piper!)

Cube and its sequel & prequel

Cemetery Man, Blood Feast 2, Head of the Family, Killjoy, killer clowns, Slither

(I don't necessarily recommend the bottom few but I thought they were funny)