FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What will happen to Google PR when a Domain Expired.

k_s_baskar
Hi all,

Does anybody know what will happen to Google PageRank when the Domain name Expired.

For example if yourdomain.com is having PR6 and expires on jul 2006 (Please note the Backlinks to this domain is still alive) and previous owner of the domain or a new person registering the domain on Dec2006. Does the new site will comeback with PR6 bcoz of the backlinks ?

Smile
manumiglani
It simply depends on the time of pr update. If there is a pr update between the expiry period and new registration period, when the Google can't find the url of the domain name and find that it has expired, then simply the pr of the domain is reset (0) shown in google toolbar.

But if there is not a pr update between the expiry date and the new registered date than its shows the old pr in the google toolbar.
dude_xyx
I think what matters is backlinks even if you lost the PR but Still you have al the back links when you develop the domain [if you do it as soon as possible]
you will gain the PR which the domain had or something near.
wlb
The new domain name PR value needs to hoist again. The opposite direction connection PR value rise to the new domain name has helping , connection is increasingly many , numerical value will be increasingly high.
Bofia
it stays for a while until links start disappearing i think
odin
It doesnt keep its same pr ranking but if you put up new content on the website then it will regain its old pr ranking ountil the backlinks are gone.