FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cannot hibernate

umeshtangnu
i have a amd sempron 2400 + on a asus a7v400mx i had upgraded mine ram n motherbord every thing was ok in starting and i did not even had to reinstall the windows but of late i cant hibernate mine system ,when ever i do and restart mine system there is a Blue Screen of death showing message Kernel_inpage_Erorr.
plz help what should i do
internetjobs
if you have any hardware complaint, it will not allow you to hibernate.. check your hardwares.. if you placed any hardware in the PCI slot check that devices.... and update drivers for that hardwares..
DecayClan
Your Computer can't hybernate, because of the weather, like the Bears...
Wait until the weather gets colder, and your computer will be able to hybernate again...

Laughing Just kidding Laughing

Check out if you have enough discspace, and if your virtual memory is big enough(not for this, but generally).
Check if the Ram you bought is faulty or not with memtest.
orno
sounds serious
look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315266
azhad
Is there any particular reason you want to use Hibernate?

Some desktops have problems with hibernating. It is mostly a feature for laptops. Laptops are slow to boot compared to desktops so hibernating is useful for laptops.

You could try making it suspend or sleep. It also saves energy and workspace but could result in loss of the workspace in case of power failure.

As for the BSOD, it doesn't indicate a problem. Just avoid hibernating and I think things will be fine. Not every desktop is a bear. Smile