FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Intel 945GM chipset & Pixel Shader 2.0

Senshida
My laptop has a Intel 945GM Chipset, which is supposed to support Pixel Shader 2.0. But I am trying to play a game that needs Shader 2.0, and it doesn't work correctly. The error log says that it can't load the Shader parts. Is there something I can do to fix it?
gh0stface
Onboard graphics are generally known for not being that great for playing video games.

I would suggest visiting the manufacturers website and making sure that you have the most up to date graphic cards driver.
Senshida
I have the latest driver... T.T
I guess I cant play the game until they release a Shader 1.0 version. Sad (And I know that will work because I have played 1.0 games on here)
Teddy1
Either that or buy a new graphics card to suit the requirements needed. Smile
Bones
The Intel video chipset is utter crap. It doesnt properly support pixel shading 2.0 (no matter what they claim) It won't even run the aero interface in Vista properly most times (which also requires PS 2.0)

Seriously, if you want to play games, get a desktop
Sunny
Bones wrote:
The Intel video chipset is utter crap. It doesnt properly support pixel shading 2.0 (no matter what they claim) It won't even run the aero interface in Vista properly most times (which also requires PS 2.0)

Seriously, if you want to play games, get a desktop

Agree with you, But thats true till 945 chipset which use 950 Graphic Media Accelerator(GMA). Upper boards are much better, like I have a 946 board and graphics are much better than what Intel is known for.