FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trouble logging in: user sonlight

SonLightretry
I had trouble logging in, so I tried resetting my account and creating a new temporary one. I was not able to log in nor post in the guest account, but apparently I can post now, so either the problem was temporary or it was the computer I am using. I will try to respond in this thread with my original account.
SonLight
I have restored my original account, and everything is ok on this machine. I will check whether I can now log on on the other machine, and probably ask you to remove the extra account as soon as I know everything is working.
SonLight
I have tried both IE 7 and Firefox on my friend's machine, and both of them gave me the same problem. I am now on the same machine but thru a proxy, so if that doesn't create any issues of its own, I may be able to participate every few days again.

When logging on before, if I used an incorrect user/password combination it would give me an appropriate error message. When I used the correct logon information, I got no error but it would display the page again and the "log in" link was still present. I don't believe it's likely to be a problem with cookies, but it's hard to tell. In any case, I did not want to experiment a lot with my friend's computer.
tidruG
SonLight wrote:
I have tried both IE 7 and Firefox on my friend's machine, and both of them gave me the same problem. I am now on the same machine but thru a proxy, so if that doesn't create any issues of its own, I may be able to participate every few days again.

When logging on before, if I used an incorrect user/password combination it would give me an appropriate error message. When I used the correct logon information, I got no error but it would display the page again and the "log in" link was still present. I don't believe it's likely to be a problem with cookies, but it's hard to tell. In any case, I did not want to experiment a lot with my friend's computer.

That does sound like a cookies error, probably.
saratdear
It could be a cookies error, but try disabling Google Accelerator if you use it, or set it not to accelerate Frihost. I had a somewhat similar problem a few days back, and disabling that solved the problem.
SonLight
Thanks for the suggestions. As you suggest, the problem could be cookies not allowed or some accelerator on my friend's machine. I believe there is also a possible authentication setting which I've read about but do not understand very well.

As it's not my computer, I do not want to experiment with too many changes. For now, I wil continue to use a proxy.

There are a couple of cases where I'm logged in with the proxy and when I click on a link, it goes to it but logs me out. The "Featured Discussions ... (Set Viewed)" link and some links from within a post to either a forum or another post do that.

I have requested deletion of the temporary account I made while testing (in another thread).