FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ac3 codec bulls***

dz9c
im getting heated i have this dvd rip in the format of avi. the audio is in ac3. im using wmp 10 or 11. i dont know wich one.

NOW the usual problem people have is....no audio, but have video. so they install a ac3 codec, ac3filter. AC3 filter is crap. i can hear the sound after that but there is still no video. this is recdiculous....there are no downloads i could find on google about this. getting very mad.
help please
Chris24
Have you tried k-lite?
mOrpheuS
dz9c wrote:
AC3 filter is crap. i can hear the sound after that but there is still no video.

AC3filter is not really responsible for video decoding.
If you can hear audio, ac3filter is working fine.

My advice - just install ffdshow, and let it handle all audio/video compression formats.
Animal
dz9c wrote:
NOW the usual problem people have is....no audio, but have video. so they install a ac3 codec, ac3filter. AC3 filter is crap. i can hear the sound after that but there is still no video. this is recdiculous....there are no downloads i could find on google about this. getting very mad.

Is this problem not something to do with the CSS (Content Scrambling System) on the original DVD? AFAIK, you need a CSS-free DVD before you can convert the content.
frac2
Go get VLC media player. It plays everything.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/