FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starting up online band/project

1337Bender
I have this cool idea I don't know if it is been used before so don't yell at me if it has.

OK I want to start up a band thats members never seen each other and work seperalty. for example I want to do the vocals/lyrics, someone could play the guitar in another state and same with the drummer. We then send then send the recorded vocals guitar and drum audio all to one person who edits it together. he sends us back in a mp3 format and we are done with that song. We could have like 25 people in the band if we wanted so people can help when they have time.

post your thoughts/questions and if you want to join the project/band
thanks
Manntis
Depends. What style of music? I can do Guitar - pretty much anything, Bass - death metal, Drums - Death Metal and Punk
1337Bender
any type of new style rock

rock, metal, punk, hardcore, hardrock, heavy metal.
and other rock genres.
KatanaSky
I really like this idea. Personally, I have tried starting a project such as this before but I never really got any response from anyone and from those that I did, they never really pulled through on their end.

I believe it would be difficult if you were to have 25 people composing one thing simply because everyone is different and 25 different opinions on how a song should be... well, I'm not sure how that would work out.

I would like to take part in this however, I'm not that big on METAL. It's a very interesting concept and would love to see the outcome one you get it rolling.
emjawa
This is a really great idea I think!

I'd be happy to partake although I'm not sure how useful any of the instruments I play are (piano, saxophone, french horn and violin), but I'd love to hear the final outcomes!!
ddukki
Sounds good down on paper, but you'd have to have almost perfect chemistry with the other bandmates to make any kind of coherent music.
1337Bender
[quote]I'm not sure how useful any of the instruments I play are (piano, saxophone, french horn and violin)
Quote:

Linkin Park uses the piano
and Yellowcard plays the violin
Ozzy
This sounds cool.

I can record Bass + Guitar & Growls (metal) if needed.

ddukki wrote:
Sounds good down on paper, but you'd have to have almost perfect chemistry with the other bandmates to make any kind of coherent music.

True.
Insanity
I've seen this happen before on most boards, but they usually end up with lots of people saying they are committed to it, but then later the topic dies and nobody really contributes anything...
Jaan
You guys should just send some riffs in midi or mp3 format and someone should just plunk them together and add a beat in cubase or live or something.

I do piano, so I can send some riffs if needed.... I you want just send me some good riffs (use a metronome please!) and i'll figure something out. If you have a song, just record it and send I guess....
WOAH... not trying to hijack this thread Razz

Well good luck.
Ozzy
Jaan wrote:
You guys should just send some riffs in midi or mp3 format and someone should just plunk them together and add a beat in cubase or live or something.

I do piano, so I can send some riffs if needed.... I you want just send me some good riffs (use a metronome please!) and i'll figure something out. If you have a song, just record it and send I guess....
WOAH... not trying to hijack this thread Razz

Well good luck.

Thats a good idea. We could even use Guitar Pro to write our songs before we record them.
Ozzy
So... Should we all agree on the genre of the band/song we want to make then? I'm 100% keen on this...
1337Bender
Yes I think we need to first make a band name and chose the genre and also how we will go about the recording hopefully we can all agree
Captain Fertile
I think this is a brilliantly creative idea and I know it can work because many of the leading musical artists have done this kind of thing. Especially when collaborating with other stars with hectic schedules.

The will record their own parts entirely seperatly then slice them together to produce the final piece.

Please keep working at this I will be most interested to see the process develop and hopefully heard you final work.

Good stuff!
Fright Knight
bravo! such a unique idea. I can play bass for your dream band. Where in the corners of your brain did you got that idea? it's impressive that you came up with that suggestion. Never thought of that one before. hehe.

Cheers for the long years!

Peace!!