FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

uploading files

Mouldylocks
you might think i'm a noob, but i've uploaded my files to public_html ad nothing happened on my url adress... does it take more than a few hours for your sitte to be online ?

how do you upload audio files onto a page that has already been created ? can you use html language ?
wumingsden
Mouldylocks wrote:
you might think i'm a noob, but i've uploaded my files to public_html ad nothing happened on my url adress... does it take more than a few hours for your sitte to be online ?

how do you upload audio files onto a page that has already been created ? can you use html language ?

Firstly, about music files.
To host music on your hosting account, you need to request permission to do so in the Request an Account Change forum. If you are accepted then look here about embedding music on a page in your website via html.

Now about uploading files. Make sure files are uploaded in the public_html folder. All changes happen automatically on the server, although you'll need to refresh the page in your browser to see any changes made. You should delete the current homepage (index.html) and upload your main page - this should be named index.html or index.php, etc. You may also be able to use the name home.html or home.php or default.html or default.php (I am unsure how server two is configured, but it should be ok. The first choice however should be named index, and the only reason why you should not use this is because you are unable to do so).
Mouldylocks
thank you for the advice on the uploading ! I didn't know index_html was the home page. it's worked fine.
How do you know when you are accepted to host music ? Do you need a certain number of points ? Do you get an email ?
thanks again for your help, this forum is really well hosted!!
wumingsden
Mouldylocks wrote:
thank you for the advice on the uploading ! I didn't know index_html was the home page. it's worked fine.
How do you know when you are accepted to host music ? Do you need a certain number of points ? Do you get an email ?
thanks again for your help, this forum is really well hosted!!

No, the home page is index.html (or some other file format), the file of the name being index and not index_html. The files should be uploaded to the public_html directory.... example ...

if you have a page full of gig dates, then the page will be called gigs.html (or .php or another file format you use). This file will be uploaded to public_html and will be accessable via www.mouldylocks.frih.net/gigs

Steve ("Bondings") checks the request an account change and accepts/rejects everyone's request. Only he has the authority to do so because he's the owner. We can however give our opinions on it. I don't think the cover songs will be allowed (althogh personally I see nothing wrong with them being hosted here). The songs that you write should be allowed. Animal, the other staff members, was querying about where it was recorded because some recording companies host the copyrights, and not the actual artists. Before uploading the files, you should wait for steve's reply.