FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

second richest man

magesh_lalla
mOrpheuS wrote:
Please use quote tags when posting copied text

Quote:
There was a one hour interview on CNBC with, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:

1) He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
3) He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
6) His company, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
7) He has given his CEO's only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose any of your shareholder's money. Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
Cool He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch television.
9) Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with him. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of him.
10) He does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
11) His advice to young people: Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself.

Amazing individual indeed......

Can i know who this amazing individual is??
ncwdavid
I dunno who it is but maybe you could google it? You should find out then.
ncwdavid
Ok I was bored and I said I might as well find out. Im not 100% sure but it says this guy is the second richest in the world and from Omaha. His name is Warren Buffett.
justnewbie
Weird, I always have thought that the Sultan of Brunei is the second richest after Bill Gates? Because I heard for once the Sultan went off as the richest person, breaking Bill Gates's chain.
R2.DETARD
I thought he was a sultan or something like that too...
Maybe our mystery Omaha man is the 2nd richest man in the USA, not the world.
golles
Buffett was in 2005 the 2nd richest man on earth, I couldn't find recenter details, my internet has a bad day today Confused
grr Twisted Evil
darrenpaul
Buffet is the 2nd richest man in the world...I pretty sure.
scotty
What is the name of the jet company that he runs?
TruPain
ncwdavid wrote:
Ok I was bored and I said I might as well find out. Im not 100% sure but it says this guy is the second richest in the world and from Omaha. His name is Warren Buffett.

Yeah, I would say this is the correct person: http://www.salon.com/people/bc/1999/08/31/buffett/

Never heard of this guy either...

But anyways, here is forbes 2006 listing on him being #2... behind Bill Gates... http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/10/C0R3.html
jongoldsz
That will be pretty cool to do, but you really need to know what you are doing, to get that far.
goutha
First, if he is the second richest in the world and still living in a 3 bedroom apartment or house... He does not deserve all this money...

Second, this is Warren Buffet

Third... here is a complete classification of the world's Billionaires

1 Bill Gates
2 Warren Buffett
3 Carlos Slim Helú
4 Ingvar Kamprad
5 Lakshmi Mittal
6 Paul Allen
7 Bernard Arnault
8 Prince Alwaleed
9 Kenneth Thomson
10 Li Ka-shing
ivanegues
11 Ivan Egües

Quote:
There was a one hour interview on CNBC with, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:

1) He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2) He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
3) He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha, that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
4) He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
5) He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
6) His company, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
7) He has given his CEO's only two rules. Rule number 1: do not lose any of your shareholder's money. Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1.
Cool He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself some pop corn and watch television.
9) Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think he had anything in common with him. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of him.
10) He does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
11) His advice to young people: Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself.

He remind me of someone.....ah! yes.... me. Wink
sbel
that's a really nice way to live his life. But i don't quite agree on the no desktop= no cellphone part.
Scott
Sounds like an awesome dude. I'd like to meet him. He must be happy if he lives in a relatively small house.
goutha
I hope that he's happy...

Even if money makes more problems than happiness!
Captain Fertile
jackknife wrote:
me

OH COME ON!!!!

If you aren't gonna take any kind of an active part in a a damn thread (no matter how much it is fighting for its life) don't screw it up and double post garbage too. Evil or Very Mad
munkey_boy
I wonder if he will give me some money. Razz
David_Pardy
If I was that rich, I too would still live in only a small house with the bare essentials.

I would give the majority of what I earn to other people. Possessions only bring trouble.
TurkishGamer
I feel that he is not living his life. Whats all the money gonna do to you when your old and you health isn't too good.
CaBz
David_Pardy wrote:
Possessions only bring trouble.

Quoted for Truth.
kiranaghor
If we stay away from credit cards, how do we manage transaction when we are abroad? Does he mean stop taking too much on credit? enjoy when u have surplus ?
Zampano
Is it hypocritical of him to have so much money even though he intends to live modestly?
divinitywolf
material possetions are not needed. money isnt needed but sometimes if someones rich then they earned it and giving money to a good cause is great therefore sometimes being rich is good but other times it brings trouble.
Fake
Half of these things are made up anyways, like all the other major "Hotmail will close down if you don't forward this"
Nike
But who is third richest man?
bluecradle
Nike wrote:
But who is third richest man?

the third is...
Carlos Slim Helu is a Mexican entrepreneur and businessman involved in a varied group of companies that include telecommunications, retail, banking and insurance, technology, and auto parts manufacturing businesses. He is the wealthiest Mexican man, the richest Latin American, and one of the top ten richest men in the world.

ok anywy this is going beyond the main thread Very Happy anyway i guess that second richest dude have enjoyed his money on his own way, by sharing it with others.