FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tuesdays With Morrie

brad1698
Just read this Mitch Album book. Not too bad. Anyone else read this or his "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"

I haven't read that, just heard about it. Any good?
TurtleShell
I've read the 5 people you meet in heaven. I don't personally enjoy that kind of book, but if you liked Tuesday's W/ M, you'd probably enjoy this too.
brad1698
I just follow the NHL had read many of Mitch's articles in the Detroit papers on the red wings, saw that he wrote books and gave that one a shot.

I would necessarily classify that as the "kind" of book I like but I did enjoy it. Thanks for the info, maybe I will eventually check out his other as well.
varon
I liked this book. A lot. Very Happy It once ranked as one of my favorites, but that's because I wasn't quite into literature (as in "high-brow lit") back then. Albom's writing wasn't bad, it was told in a very personal, smart way, but you'll love this book because of Morrie Schwartz. Albom's characterization of him and his deeds and wisdom and philosophy will just leave you in tears before you close the last chapter, then would touch you in a way that you would want to pick up the book again and start re-reading, from the beginning. Razz I liked the feel-good stuff this piece offered, mostly because the insight to and about life was fantastic. i wouldn't call this a truly great masterpiece, but it's a lovely little book with a lot of great things to make you think twice about life.

haven't read Five People thing, but a lot of people seemed to like that better than Tuesdays. Smile
missdixy
I didn't enjoy the Five People You Meet in Heaven. Just not the type of book that excites me. I did finish it though, and can't say it was TERRIBLE, just not my type of soup.
chastise
I enjoyed reading this book, personally, it left me thinking about my own life. It's a good book, in my opinion. ^___^
The-Nisk
varon wrote:
I liked this book. A lot. Very Happy It once ranked as one of my favorites, but that's because I wasn't quite into literature (as in "high-brow lit") back then. Albom's writing wasn't bad, it was told in a very personal, smart way, but you'll love this book because of Morrie Schwartz. Albom's characterization of him and his deeds and wisdom and philosophy will just leave you in tears before you close the last chapter, then would touch you in a way that you would want to pick up the book again and start re-reading, from the beginning. Razz I liked the feel-good stuff this piece offered, mostly because the insight to and about life was fantastic. i wouldn't call this a truly great masterpiece, but it's a lovely little book with a lot of great things to make you think twice about life.

haven't read Five People thing, but a lot of people seemed to like that better than Tuesdays. Smile

Read it, great book! Deep understandings of human values and life!
I recomend you read it! Very Happy
AtlanticDrive
i liked the book very much. i think i will write the five people you meet in hell. Smile would be nice right?

lol

no kidding, i didnt read tuesdays with morrie but i ordered that book at the shop. Smile

i like subjects like these, especially in movies like: what dreams may come true
crimson_aria
I have not read "Tuesdays with Morrie" but I have read "The Five People you Meet in Heaven." I did enjoy the book. Made me think about my life.
Coclus
never heard of it..
Dean_The_Great
Yeah, I liked Tuesdays with Morrie a lot. I think it was inspirational because a man actually lived his philosophy. If he was just making it up it wouldn't have the power it does as a non-fiction book. Great read, quick read, highly recommended.
j0yfuln0is3
The Five People You Meet In Heaven
is an excellent book.

The reason it doesn't appeal to many people is probably the lack of "action", or perhaps the readers here just aren't used to this type of book.

But don't let the comments here put you off reading it. It's great... one of those books that you feel satisfied after reading...
Laughing
sondosia
I read Tuesdays With Morrie, and I guess I liked it...it was a very wise book. However, it didn't really have anything NEW to say, and it didn't say anything in an original way, either. It's a cute inspirational book, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece by any means.
bchuminx
loving this book as read this during my uni years..such an inspirational book and learnt some gist of good lessons..prefer this that the 5 people you meet in heaven
ato784
brad1698 wrote:
Just read this Mitch Album book. Not too bad. Anyone else read this or his "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"

I haven't read that, just heard about it. Any good?

I have read both of the books mentioned. I personally enjoyed the five people you meet in heaven more than Tuesdays with Morrie. I did like the fact that Tuesdays with Morrie was based on real life and 100% factual, but I felt that the five people you meet in heaven was more my style of book and i enjoyed it more. too much reality in TWM.