FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Bulletin Board System Is Best For You?, e.g..,IPB,php

cgrim29588
I would like to know which one is good for me to use..I came across the IPB is quite famous..But it needs to buy:(
help me to post your review of which bulletin board system is good, the differences and how can I get that stuff (wether need to buy or free download url) Perhap, I did love the army system very much

Thanks
cgrim29588
{name here}
SimpleMachines is going to be closest free alternative to IPB, though I've seen no bulletin board free or proprietary that can really rival it in all its features except for maybe FuseTalk, but that board costs probably twice as much.
shoes22
Phpbb3 is looking to be very competitive...check out the latest cvs version at area51.phpbb.com Smile
riv_
I guess this isn't very helpful, since I'm not telling you what IS good.
But i've recently done some exploring inside Simple machines and, personally, I'm unimpressed. I'd never use it for my own site.
There's so many factors in choosing a forum. It depends on how busy your site is, how much time you want to put into maintaining it, the skills and expectations of your site's visitors, and your own comfort level with the code involved in getting the whole thing going...
See, i told you I wasn't going to be much help Shocked
kripesh
undoubtedly its smf Very Happy
frac2
PHPBB is one of the best, in my opinion.
Commando_Sondre
In my opinon SMF is the best, but phpBB3 looks very, very good. Hopefully the SMF-team will get SMF even better. Very Happy
Daire
I'm currently using the SMF board system. I must say it is very impressive and very easy to mod etc. especially as it is free.

However overall I think vBulletin is the best. Soooo many weird and wonderful mods available for it, and the running of it is very easy.
rafifaisal
Is it possible to go from PHPbb forum to SMF, keeping all your postings and members?
If that is please tell me how as I am planning to make the move to SMF, which mainly is easier to mod than PHPbb
loosu
try bbpress .
you will like it .

This is from the creators of wordpress and as elegant as wordpress itself .
Seiji
I like phpbb right now. I can't say much about the others since I've never used them. There are probably better ones out there but I just haven't got around to trying them out.
Divinaeon
SMF is the best features-wise, but phpbb in unrivaled with the amount of skins you can get for it. If you don't know how to alter the CSS on your forum to customize it, this is important.

The best paid forum, in my opinion, is vBulliten.
codelyokogirl
It really depends on what you wanna use it for to me i would

phpnuke
smf
phpbb
ipb
mybb
php-fusion

are all good just depends on what you want to use it for
cheeta
phpBB and SMF both works good for me as free ones...

but nothing better than VB on paid section...

but also... Look out for the phpBB 3.0 ... they delayed release is very frustrating for me... waiting for a long time for that Board... !!
wise
Vbulletin is the best. I recommend it. Many big boards use it
Animal
Please search before posting. There are loads of best-forum software threads in the Website Software forum.

-close-