FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Energy Drinks, what do you think is the best?

Energy Drinks, what do you think is the best?
Full throttle
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Monster
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Red bull
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
Other
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 35

cgrim29588
Hey,I wanted to know what you guys/girls think is the best energy drink Monster?Full throtle?Red Bull? personally I have only had monster red blue and green and I was wondering which I should try next or if i should just stick to monster lol ya I know kinda a wierd topic but anyway what do you think is the best?
dz9c
There have been hundreds of threads with this same title but your new so its all good. I vote anyway. Red bull. But really, to me, it doesnt matter. I have a lot of energy drinks. I use to collect the cans.
Droop
cgrim29588 wrote:
Hey,I wanted to know what you guys/girls think is the best energy drink Monster?Full throtle?Red Bull? personally I have only had monster red blue and green and I was wondering which I should try next or if i should just stick to monster lol ya I know kinda a wierd topic but anyway what do you think is the best?

Redbull, its short and small and goes down fast and lasts hella long Smile plus it's the oldest of them all!!!
Josso
I've only tried Red Bull, are the other ones even in the UK?
{name here}
Full Throttle is probably the closest thing I've ever experienced to a steroid. It works pretty good at its job, especially if you chug the entire can down.

However, I don't drink energy drinks very often. Too many energy drinks can lead to cancer.
poiko123
Monster is probably my favorite. In close second, Bawls Energy Drink! That stuff is insane...the ingredients list:
Carbonated Water, Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Natural Guarana Flavor, Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative), Caffeine, Artificial Flavors and Caramel Color.
Notice how far up gurana is on the list? Caffeine is last on the list either.
Seiji
I usually drink Red Bull. There was this other energy drink I tried but I forgot the name, if I knew the name it would probably be my favorite. I don't see it in stores anymore though.
bl1nd
I like Monster Smile

I had a Khaos today, it was good Very Happy
windrei
i think water is the best....
Dwyer17
windrei wrote:

for real
frac2
I like sugar loaded orange juice. Oh, and I like syrup.

Red bull is also good Very Happy
Rako
windrei wrote:

I agree very much with this statement i find most of those energy drinks just to strong and i would never by them but i do like some soft drink like coke.
Captain Fertile
I voted Red Bull because its the only one on the above list I know.

But red bull is a nice drink. Also it is a huge success in nightclubs and pubs here.

Jugs of redbull and vodka are available (they even bottle it now) and are nice to drink but get you VERY drunk rather quickly.
dz9c
Captain Fertile wrote:
I voted Red Bull because its the only one on the above list I know.

But red bull is a nice drink. Also it is a huge success in nightclubs and pubs here.

Jugs of redbull and vodka are available (they even bottle it now) and are nice to drink but get you VERY drunk rather quickly.

i am down with that! gotta get me some
theem
of course its RedBull
Twisted Evil
godam64
i think red bull is good

but i dont drink energy drink. it's not good for long term health. just drink water and get enough sleep is enough for me. Twisted Evil
ItsWesley
Out of all of those drinks I've only ever heard of red bull, but I'm not a great fan of energy drinks so I don't drink them.
shwetanshu
I dont drink energy drinx much but of the list above, i have only heard of red bull, so voted for it
coolclay
None, energy drinks are stupid. If you want energy instead of drinking nasty chemicals, how about you try eating an orange, or take a spoonful of sugar or honey or something.
Hobbit
Quote:
Top 5 worst energy drinks are:

1) MONSTER

2) Sobe No Fear

3) Amp'd

4) Full Throttle

5) Rockstar

Red Bull with no sugar was rated as the best energy drink for you, but rightfully enough it had the least effect on your body..(gave you the least energy). here's some other scary statistics it showed in the article..

For every 20oz. of Monster you drink it takes 6.3 gallons of water to flush it out of your kidneys. The average person drinks 6.3 gallons of water in 23 days.. for every 20oz of Red Bull, with no sugar, you drink it takes .9 gallons of water to flush out your kidneys and the average person drinks .9 gallons of water in about 2 days. (I have no idea who an "average person" is, but anyway...)

Another study showed...

If the average person drank 5 Monsters a day, and did not drink 1 gallon of water per day he/she would have kidney failure within 5 years...

Some more...

The average energy drinker drinks 2 energy drinks a day to equal the sugar in 2 Monster you would have to eat 13 scoops of ice cream a day.. Red Bull, with no sugar, it would take 2 scoops of ice cream in a day to equal two red bulls with no sugar..
Fright Knight
I drink red bull. But when I'm sleepy, no energy drink can keep me awake.
squirrelmaster
I voted Full Throttle, but really it's tied with that and NOS.

They are okay, but i only drink them before heavy physical activity, i don't think it is good for anyone to drink them just to drink them.
I use them before marching competition and before heavy dirtbicycling.

Oh, and that stuff about the kidney is a bit scary, im just glad i drink my share of water in between energy drinks Razz
adonai
I vote Other. I like local energy drink - Burn, but when I travel Europe - I prefer RedBull Smile
scotty
RedBull because it's the only one on that list ive ever heard of!
JJGY
Diet Rockstar is the greatest energy drink ever imho. The taste is slightly strange at first, and I've known several people who dislike it, but to me it's simply the best tasting drink ever. Oddly, I find the diet version to be much better tasting that the non diet.
Commando_Sondre
None of those. I use water. And it works perfectly Razz
bigdan
I voted for Red Bull, as it's not too bad to taste, but energy drinks don't really work for me. When I was at Uni, they used to have Red Bull promos coming up to exams, where they would come up to the dorms and hand out free cans of Red Bull. They are pretty nice, and I have tried both normal and sugar-free Red Bull, and both of them don't work well for me. Razz
photon
Well from the list, red bull is the only think ive heard of Razz the best energy drink for me is probably tender coconut. And especially its available freely in my country, its the preferred choice
TruPain
I voted for Monster... out of all the energy drinks I hav had, I think monster has the best flavor of them all. I have had a few energy drinks that just taste terrible, and then to make it worse, the flavor stays in your mouth... yuk..

Red Bull is good with jaggermeister... but that is about all...
squirrelmaster
I've been thinking....

is taurine exactly good for you, is it the problem with energy drinks, or is the problem a combination of it and caffine?

I know taurine is artificial but still, its kinda gross thinking what it was made to imitate Confused
Artelis
I just love the twangy taste of Redbull. Not too worried about the health hazzards since I don't drink it very often.
alexdude
I don't trust those things, one person near my city died of a heart attack from those.
the6thfactor
Monster. Especially the new Juiced ones.
[FuN]goku
red rain is rly rly good.
Nameless
windrei wrote:

QFT.

I'm not a great fan of energy drinks, but really, if you're thirsty and need energy good old H20 has been providing for millions of years! It's cheap too, and you can drink it straight from any tap. 9/10 energy drinks go something like this:

Step 1: Take water.
Step 2: Add sugar and legal drugs.
Step 3: Profit!
Slick
REDBULL is crap... so are all the other enegry drinks!!!

Simply Dr Pepper or failing that Coca cola...

both full of simple sugars and caffene..... both instant enegy with less processing need from the body..

all the energy drinks with there fancy vitimins and chemicals need to be processed by the body be4 they work effectively...

so simply sugar and caffene is a far quicker and better energy hit... hence y Lucazade (check spelling) is mainly Glucose syrup ( basically thick caramalised sugar!)
scorpiosemotion
I voted Full Throttle I also like Full Throttle Fury in the Red Can... nummy! Honestly though the best ever energy drink out there is ROCKSTAR!!!!! Very Happy I love rockstar, I'm addicted to rockstar, I can't live without my rockstar! Though for energy I'll actually down a Red Line. Those are crazy insane energy, they recommend only drinking half a bottle... I usually down it in a minute or so, after I get past the ultra sweet fruit punch taste.

I almost think, it's similar to the glucose drink they give to you at the Dr.'s to test for Diabetes... As for any long term health effects people should be concerned with from drinking this stuff! I know someone who got acid reflux from it, and I've heard that it can cause kidney stones; anyway, just a thought.

Though, these long term health effects are known to me, like I said... I addicted!
creakinator
I read a while back that chocolate milk works just as well as the other drinks. I've been drinking it after my weight training and kickboxing workouts. It helps me to eat less in the evening and I think revitalizes me enough so I can get through the night to bedtime. And now that I found it at the 99 cent store, it works for me!

"Now it appears that the six-time gold medalist may have been onto something. A new study shows that plain old chocolate milk may be as good -- or better -- than sports drinks like Gatorade at helping athletes recover from strenuous exercise."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/24/health/webmd/main1342839.shtml

I googled for chocolate milk energy drink and got a lot of results talking about the study that was done.

Christy
driftingfe3s
I love rockstar juiced. Redbull is okay but I prefer the taste of rockstar. I've only tried one flavor of Monster and I hated it.
timothymartin
I have lived on gatorade at times, but now I just stick to my hi5 energy drinks. Only one gram of sugar and it tastes better than kool-aid.
Aulos
BRAWNDO, the THIRST MUTILATOR!

But in reality, I prefer Monster. Mostly due to availability. I've also given Rockstar and Red Bull a try. Vault doesn't quite count, but I take that if it's all that's available and I feel in the mood for an energy drink. Also had 5 hour energy once, to help work on an all-nighter when I just had nothing left in reserve.
iman
I use red bull, because my source is easily accessible.
But sometimes I just get coffee.