FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So how did your Valentines Day go?

cgrim29588
Personaly, I hate the commercial part of it. I.E I won't buy any cards cause I feel they are so overpriced!

Buy yeah, another year, another lonely me Crying or Very sad. I managed to pass the day by doing my accounting and fitting in about 10 hours of GTA VC (ha, how many of you with gf/wives can say you did that!).

But it was alright, had a laugh with my mates, and I guess that's the most important thing.

Only problem is, I've still got a packet of marigolds (washing-up gloves) and a bottle of CIF to give to someone Mr. Green

So how did things go for you?
Droop
cgrim29588 wrote:
Personaly, I hate the commercial part of it. I.E I won't buy any cards cause I feel they are so overpriced!

Buy yeah, another year, another lonely me Crying or Very sad. I managed to pass the day by doing my accounting and fitting in about 10 hours of GTA VC (ha, how many of you with gf/wives can say you did that!).

But it was alright, had a laugh with my mates, and I guess that's the most important thing.

Only problem is, I've still got a packet of marigolds (washing-up gloves) and a bottle of CIF to give to someone Mr. Green

So how did things go for you?

"...it's been over for a long time. Honestly, it was over before it even started. So why can't I get you out of my head? Why do I constantly wonder if you still think about me as much as I still think about you? Who knows if it would have ever worked out...but a part of me still wants to know. I put on a brave face and tell the world that you don't matter to me anymore, but it's all a facade and no matter what I do or where I go, a part of you is always there with me.

The irony of this is that I know that it's the same for you. I know that you will read this. I know that you will look at my page and read these words that I'm typing and wonder if it is about you. I know that no matter how tough you try to act, you still think about me. If you didn't...you wouldn't be reading this.

So here on this Valentine's Day...I just want you to know that I still think about you...I still have feelings for you...and I still would love to talk to you. So if you find yourself reading these words, then pick up your damn phone and give me a shout. And if not...then you won't have read this, which means that you ARE over it, and I can finally move on. No more games..."

That's just how i feel Neutral Happy posting!!
{name here}
I got up, got ready for work, went to work, did my job, went home, and then I tried to make sense of some CP/M source code for the rest of the day. Hey, it's better then spending 8 bucks on a sheet of paper!
Srs2388
It sucked, I hated every moment of it... all over a terrible day... I don't like valentines day anyways....
The best part for me is when it ended...
(wow i sound mean)..
Anyways I hope everyone had a better one than I did.
Josso
Went into Oxford breifly then played computer games all day... like a lot of the cynics Laughing
theem
oh my God....

I missed Valentine again.... ? Shocked

what have I got to do with it !!! Razz

Laughing
scimitarmoon
No different than any other Wednesday... Very Happy I had no class (yay for an awesome schedule for once), so I bummed around on my pc all day and did a bit of homework, before I went to my dance class. Came home, made some peanut noodles, and played online games with some of my friends.
windrei
my valentines' day this year... well, i can only see my love for a few seconds...Nobody knows our relationship, because we do not let others know. We keep it secret. If it's disclosed, we will be in a big trouble. That's why we cannot meet normally, having dinner, holding hands as other lovers do on that day.

after school, she spent her time in a internet cafe. Then she phoned me, asking me to go there to take something in her locker. When i got there, the servicer asked me, "are you the one who comes here to take something ?" " Yes" i said. He then opened the locker for me. It's a pack of chocolate.

" Do you want to see her ?" he asked. i thought for a moment and said yes. Yes, of course. Then he went to a corner and asked her to come out. She closed the locker and just smiled to me. i nearly shed tears that moment.....
Ray Gravin
Oh geesh...

Drove through a snow storm to get to work. Got stuck in the snow in the parking lot. Got a fake office marriage with one of my supervisors. Listened to here complain about how small the vase of flowers she got was. Told all the couples who managed make it through the storm to the Resort that the Show was canceled. Read my textbook assignment for the week for my computer literacy class. Gave my office wife a ride home from work. Got an annoying phone call from my x girlfriend. Listened to her complain about never spending the holiday with anyone. Went to bed.
wanha1
tarting tuesday, I surprised her with a bouquet of cut orchids (white, her favs), then took her on a private boat ride along the bay. Afterwards, we had dinner at cityscape, with panoramic views of san francisco and the bay bridge. Then my driver took her home, to more flowers and an invitation to my place wednesday.

wednesday, I drop the love-bomb and cooked her dinner at my condo, decked out with at least two dozen roses, italian/french fusion cuisine, wine, with slow dancing on my balcony followed by some cognac. Then we did something unplanned, lwent and played video games at the metreon (if it gets that far), then went back to my place, make love until sunrise, breakfast in bed before work.

thursday, I surprised her with limo service to pier 39, where I was waiting with a single orchid, and rode a boat out to a private pier restaurant (maximum seating 6), where I preordered kumamoto oysters and caviar. Afterward dinner we walked along the pier, had fun visiting various shops, etc. Then I tolokher out to a distant dock via horse carriages at pier 41 where I gave her a v-day present, the three-diamond pendant from tiffany's. Then, told her I loved her.
Fright Knight
I woke up at valentine's day at 9:00 am with a fever, and body pain. I don't know why but it was a bad day at first. Spend almost the whole day resting here at home but eventually ended it up with a dinner with my girl friend. I was still not feeling well that time. But at the end of the day, I felt better and my fever was gone. Well my valentine's day started bad, but ended good. so, i could say that it was a good day indeed.
Slick
booked a night in a posh hotel in london and tickets to a show!

she didnt know wat was goin on until it all happened... got on the train so she thought we was just goin some where i.e. to shop, walking around n just casually took her into the hotel... reservation .. blah blah.. then sed lets get dinner so we did...

said y waste the travel card so we went "randomly" strolling and just happen to come to the theatre n i just took her inside wiped out the tickets n took our seats!

I enjoyed it as much as she did, so good day for me and my g/f! Very Happy
Rako
I am still fairly young and i was planing to ask a girl out at school on that day but then she was sick so yea that ruined my day but oh well it dosent seem like a lot of you had very good luck either.
reddishblue
Meh, laughed at the feeble attempts of others and didn't do anything unusual apart from making an occasion themed sig
Captain Fertile
My what a heady cocktail of grumpy farts and sour grapes we have on this thread. Smile Just kidding.

Never mind guys, as long as you had fun in your own way that is the main thing.

For all of you sad at the fact you had to spend the day alone, at least you saved some money you would have otherwise spent on someone else.

Quote:
Buy yeah, another year, another lonely me . I managed to pass the day by doing my accounting and fitting in about 10 hours of GTA VC (ha, how many of you with gf/wives can say you did that!).

I can honestly say I spent a good few hours on the PC and could have played on the PS2 if I wished. But I think I am the excaption to the main rule – my wife is reallt great about stuff like that.

This thread had it all, humour, imagination, sadness and of course some romance. Well done guys, good cross-section although I think the –grumpy-pants crown won out in the end. Smile
Yantaal
me and the palm sisters had a quiet night in Sad then i went to pub quiz withmates
Captain Fertile
Yantaal wrote:
me and the palm sisters had a quiet night in Sad then i went to pub quiz withmates

LOL - yes they can be great company.
Aless
Magic. Can't say I've ever had a nicer one... Very HappyVery Happy
justnewbie
I had a great Valentine. Confessed my feelings to the girl I like, and she accepted me. Imagine yourself singing a song to her, reading the poem you wrote yourself and tell her you like her twice, and give her a teddy bear. That's what I did.
photon
A very silent valentine's day. Couldnt meet my girlfriend due to some reasons Sad we both talked a lot over the phone though.
adonai
Very good, have a dinner with my girlfriend
Pikokola
Valentine? Huh? What's That? I don't care Razz

Actually I didn't follow valentine, But.....

- I win "Say your love" event at IdRo with Orc Hero Helm as reward ^^
- I got new project that can make a US$ 2-3K ^^
- And I don't care anything other than that

[Oh yeah, I didn't care about valentine, but I got much of chocolate ^^ who cares, I'm lovin it ^^]
frozenhead
I didn't had a date. Well, it's just another friends night out. Twisted Evil
bassman
I had a wonderful evening. My fiancee and I had a simple night (somewhat late as we were both working until 10) having fondue and strawberries, apples, bananas and bread (which was the best for tasting the chocolate). It was fun and not too much money. I guess when you are spending lots of money on a wedding and getting out on your own, you don't have to spend so much on Valentines day...
shwetanshu
on valentines day, got up, studied a little and then back to sleep, got up, saw the time and then again back to sleep, then ate dinner and then again back to sleep... whew!! busy day
Tatsumaru
Nothing too special, my girlfriend and I gave eachother a couple of little presents and a card in the evening... that aside, it was a normal (working) day.
squirrelmaster
It was different, because i worked that day, but the girls knew i worked that day so they were nice to me because i wasn't able to make it to the dance...
so i guess in that aspect it was good, becasue they wanted me to be with them,
but when i got to work it all went downhill, the cash registers just kept freezing and then the EBT/Visa wouldn't work, and so on and so forth...It just made me mad.
Is there such a thing as a cash register virus?? because it sure seemed like it!

The worst part of it was it was a busy as anything, the store and parkinglot were full, and the customers were getting impatient.
Anyway, enough of my raving about work.

It's too bad none of the girls asked me out the day after, but oh well maybe they don't want to be with me that bad Rolling Eyes
Hunterseaker
I've got a phoney E-card, just from a classmate, nothing serious....
So nothing special happened. I haven't send cards neither....
jayrelle
For me, valentines day doesnt only happen in february 14. If you want, you can make it everyday..right? Anyway, this is the best valentines yet...Coz Ive spent it with my friends and my special one..We went to a park and then to a videoke shop and sang there.. Twisted Evil
cybernie
Hearts Day celebration was great for me. Though, I got loaded with much works here at the internet cafe, we had a good time during our double dinner date. Things went well as planned. This year's Valentine's Day celebrate was well celebrated...
hlavco
I don't see why some people make a huge deal about Valentine's day. I mean, you don't get the day off, so what's the point? Razz

I just did the usual stuff. Went to class and things like that.

My RA gave out cards to everyone on the floor. They were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle-themed. Mine had Shredder. My parents sent me up a card and some candy, which was nice.
Divinaeon
Personally, I think Valentine's Day is one of the stupidest holidays ever recognized by humankind. Why do we need one day out of the year where we buy our loved ones gifts and let them know how much we love them? Seriously. Shouldn't everyday be a Valentine's Day?

Anyways, my Valentine's Day consisted of staying home for fear of splitting my car in two with a telephone pole from the 8 inches of sleet on the ground. It was amazing.
OutlawSpirit
didnt hav a v-day... but thats the same 4 the last few yearz 2
Liu
I did homework all day. :\
CaBz
I think this year was the worstest (lol, new word?) Valentine's day I've never seen.

My "girlfriend" didn't call me since last saturday. It pissed me off. I had to work. I had to do homeworks. People were annoying. Everything seemed to be a good reason to depress on it. And I was so much bored because the last night I slept only 4 hours and I went to the gym.

Ark, seriously.

Btw : My "girlfriend" still not called. I think it's over with her, lol. Isn't nice?
skygaia
Hm.... Valentine day.....

I was told there are a lot of children who are suffering from making chocolates in our world.
Actually, I don't know it is true... and if they don't work at cocoa farms, I don't know they could get another job for them and their family..
froginabox
Mine actually went quite well. My good friend Katherine and I just spent some quality friend time together, had a nice dinner, and watched some TV. Completely the opposite of some people's idea of what Valentine's Day should be, but we enjoyed ourselves immensely.
eku53ru
My Valentine's day was a bit boring, to say at the least. I think the most interesting part of it came when a friend of mine and I exchanged valentines we made ourselves. I meant to show him some of the valentines I had to give out when I was in elementary school, but the last box I had was thrown out by my mother (heh). We both never really understood why so many people would make a big deal out of it, though. XD

The rest of the day was pretty normal, in my opinion; I just loafed around and did whatever homework I could do, went online, then went to bed.
medievalman26
Wait you mean I slept through it again? Crap I knew I missed something.
catscratches
It went as usual Rolling Eyes
Captain Fertile
I had a quiet Valentines day, as I mentioned elsewhere I don't really celebrate the day itself because I'm in a long term relationship and we treat any day as an excuse to give gifts, cards etc. although my wife did break with tradition and gave me acard, luckilly I had a keychain I had just picked up at the store for her. Not a lot I know but we do this almost daily so it soon adds up.
funnyerror
My Valentines day was super.... my girlfriend got me a gift and i got her one as well.... they were not very exciting gifts actually. I think i got a magnifying glass and i got her a card with chocolates.
seanooi
My valentines day was a sad and lonely one cause my girlfriend wasn't here with me. She was overseas.
So the only thing i did was talk to her on the phone, did my work, watch a couple of movies and went to bed. Laughing
goutha
It was a good day!

I had a good time!

Every day should be like valentine day!!!
Becky
I don't usually celebrate Valentines Day, as i believe its a load of rubbish and just invented so that shops can get more money. If you love someone, surely you should say it everyday, and not just on this one 'special day' ?

But..saying that, i had a awesome Valentines Day ^_^
I spent all day at school , thinking my boyfriend had forgotten (not that i minded), but then at about 7pm he texted me to look outside of my door..i looked outside and there was a massive card and a chocolate heart thing. He was hiding behind the wall, it was so sweet Very Happy lol
clarinda0551
I was doing with my CCNA class..so I spent it with my "beloved" routers and switches. I didnt finished it till 10:30 in the evening, how cool was that?
erlendhg
One of the guys in my class has birthday that day, so we celebrated him.
Except for that, nothing else pariculary happend Razz
seagullspirit
for once I got a whole new respect for the valentines day since the gf wanted a valentines at home so I cooked and she was the one giving me the present.. meaning a mind-altering lingerie Very Happy
lady_yavanna
ive neva had a valentine, not even close. but i do believe we shud hav a special day 4 love, i mean i think its more important 2 hav 1 4 love than 1 4 nationality... Confused
linangan
hlavco wrote:
I don't see why some people make a huge deal about Valentine's day. I mean, you don't get the day off, so what's the point? Razz

Hahaha! Actually! One of my friends, though, her company has made Valentines Day a holiday for them, so they do get the day off work! It started out as a dare for their boss and it makes me wish I had a boss like that because it's now a company-wide vacation day for them. I'm so envious!

My Valentines Day was actually very normal. I just had dinner (nothing special) with my boyfriend. The only out-of-the-ordinary thing we did is we exchanged Valentines cards. It's our tradition to have a contest every year on Valentines: find the cheesiest card in the world and give it to the other. Mine really took the cake this year --

FRONT OF THE CARD: A picture of a heart with a 1st place blue ribbon on it, the text said "You are the winner..."
INSIDE OF CARD: "Of my heart."

Hahahahaha! Even I don't think I would be able to outdo myself next year! Very Happy

But I would like to experience and/or witness Valentines day in Korea or Japan. I heard that there, Valentines Day is a day for women to give chocolates to the men they are attracted to or in love with. I find it rather interesting. Razz
Daniel15
Divinaeon wrote:
Personally, I think Valentine's Day is one of the stupidest holidays ever recognized by humankind. Why do we need one day out of the year where we buy our loved ones gifts and let them know how much we love them?

Yep, I agree Smile.
Vaentine's Day is definitely overrated... Nothing really happens Razz. All the younger kids at my school (Year 7-10) go crazy over it, but the older kids (Year 11-12) don't really care for it.