FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your directory root on frih?

Central
i need the dirroot for a script i am trying to run but i can't figure out what it is.
wumingsden
Central wrote:
i need the dirroot for a script i am trying to run but i can't figure out what it is.

Try...

/domains/unofficialchs.frih.net/public_html/
Malchior
Do we have to paste that link in a browser? I am having the same problem with wumingsden.

I tried /domains/[my site name]/public_html/installer.php but it didn't work. Sad
wumingsden
Malchior wrote:
Do we have to paste that link in a browser? I am having the same problem with wumingsden.

I tried /domains/[my site name]/public_html/installer.php but it didn't work. Sad

No, in your case it's different, i think. It seems that with your software you have to visit the location of the file in your broswer. This means that you have to go to www.yoursite.frih.net/installer.php to install whatever you want installing.

Some programs require the location of a file, and therefore will need the full system path, like the orgininal thread creator.

If your both still having problems, feel free to PM me your hosting password and I'll do it for you.
Malchior
Another question from a newbie like me...

Well I installed all the proper files into a folder I created under public_html and I pointed my browser to www.mydomain.frih.net/foldername/installer.php but it showed this error:

Warning: main(lib/local_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/malchior/domains/kostorn.frih.net/public_html/logd/common.php on line 42

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/local_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/malchior/domains/kostorn.frih.net/public_html/logd/common.php on line 42

Shouldn't I create a folder and upload my files directly to public_html? Sad
anticitizen1
open a new file:

and write:

Code:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

you will se your root path
wumingsden
Malchior wrote:
Another question from a newbie like me...

Well I installed all the proper files into a folder I created under public_html and I pointed my browser to www.mydomain.frih.net/foldername/installer.php but it showed this error:

Warning: main(lib/local_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/malchior/domains/kostorn.frih.net/public_html/logd/common.php on line 42

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'lib/local_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/malchior/domains/kostorn.frih.net/public_html/logd/common.php on line 42

Shouldn't I create a folder and upload my files directly to public_html? Sad

A few simple error. Basically, there should be a file called common.php in the folder named logd
Malchior
Oh thank you for all the people who helped me, I'm now on the fifth stage of the installation. Now I have a new problem(hope that you won't be annoyed with me), I have already created my database name, username and password. Now on the fourth stage, the installation needs my database address, username, password and database name. What I don't know is my database address. Any help big or little will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
wumingsden
Malchior wrote:
Oh thank you for all the people who helped me, I'm now on the fifth stage of the installation. Now I have a new problem(hope that you won't be annoyed with me), I have already created my database name, username and password. Now on the fourth stage, the installation needs my database address, username, password and database name. What I don't know is my database address. Any help big or little will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

localhost