FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP problem

marixworld
Guys, please tell me what's wong, whether it's my account or it's me, but still i am unable to login to the FTP. i've tried creating another account but still nothing happens. please......
wumingsden
marixworld wrote:
Guys, please tell me what's wong, whether it's my account or it's me, but still i am unable to login to the FTP. i've tried creating another account but still nothing happens. please......

How are you logging into FTP? Via which method/program?

(make sure your logging in via active not passive mode)
marixworld
i have tried direct logging in via ftp.mydomain.frih.net using the login screen/window but it didn't worked. i have also tried using Filezilla but there's an error that says:

Quote:
Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Error: Could not retrieve directory listing
Animal
In FileZilla, did you use Active mode? You need to use active mode or FTP will not work - FileZilla's default setting is Passive mode.
marixworld
Yes! at last, i was able login. so that was it, i've just change it active mode and it did. Thanks a lot!
wumingsden
-locked-