FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Batman Sighting Puts Schools on Lockdown

jay84h
Quote:
COMCAST.NET STRANGE NEWS

Wed Feb 14, 6:49 PM
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - To an Arizona middle school, Batman! Three schools in the north Phoenix suburb of Cave Creek were on lockdown for about 45 minutes Wednesday morning after a student at Desert Arroyo Middle School reported seeing a person dressed as Batman run across campus, jump a fence and disappear into the desert, Scottsdale police Sgt. Mark Clark said.

The student described the person as 6 feet 3 inches tall and possibly male.

"We're assuming it was male, although they did have a mask on," Clark said.

Officers combed the desert around the middle school. A nearby elementary school and high school also were on lockdown as officers sought the caped crusader.

The result _ no Batman.

"It's just one of those interesting little stories that we looked into but we couldn't find anyone," Clark said.

Nedda Shafir, a spokeswoman for the Cave Creek Unified School District, said putting all the schools on lockdown was a precautionary measure.

"We didn't want to take any chances," Shafir said. "We just don't want to put anyone at risk."

Batman? Can it be? I wonder if it's really the caped crusader haha. Or is it someone that's living in the moment?
CrimsonStrange
Oh, good lord! Laughing
That's brilliant!

I tell ya, the USA definitely needs a "superhero" of some kind these days.
(Well, not just the USA - the entire world does, actually.)
I keep waiting for a vigilante-type individual to start taking matters into his/her own hands and show up on TV and the front-page of the newspapers.

I suppose all you'd really need is to be independently wealthy, in good physical shape, a good method of disguise & escape, lots of plausible alibis, and as many useful gadgets as possible to help you accomplish your crime-fighting missions.

And, of course, a symbol.
Something that the people of your "fair city" could get behind & believe in.
And... well, having a cool car wouldn't hurt. (snicker) Wink
suntzu3500
Aaah, a coworker showed this to me earlier today. There's such a thing as being too careful, Cave Creek.
Jinx
I guess they were worried that whatever bad guy he was chasing might come back.

Holy Homeroom, Batman! My science project is late.

Actually, there is another Batman running around out there. In Birmingham, Alabama (or maybe it was Montgomery?) the was a man who drove around in a Batmobile dressed as Batman, and he would stop and help stranded motorists - changing tires, fixing engines, fetching gasoline, that sort of stuff.
Now that's a hero.
Flakky
Yeah ofcource... Batman exists... Drunken students don't exist as well. I just wonder why some people really believe in this Confused
ocalhoun
So this entire scare was caused by what one student said he saw?
What an ingenious way to delay an exam! Much better than a fake bomb threat.
Flakky
ocalhoun@Try the fire alarm, that one definitely helps. Because someone says that he saw someone really doesn't give the right to delay lessons, and that they believe it was true the worst part.
rein
Lol, fun story.

If people just tried to be their own superheroe, the world would be a better place. ...well; Atleast it'd be a good laugh.
FunDa
That was severely funny..
Soulfire
Now I have two ideas to lockdown our school:

Arrow Dawn a Batman costume and run through campus
Arrow Report a man in a Batman costume

Either way, the result would be funny I'm sure (unless you're on the school administration).
missdixy
once, my high school and the middle school and elementary schools nearby went on lockdown after someone reported seeing someone with a trench coat and a hat walking on the sidewalk that bordered my school. the guy was simply WALKING down the sidewalk.