FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The new Nostradamus

chasbeen
Is there anyone claiming to be the new Nostradamus out there? Wierd prophecies are possible. In my own family on one or two occasions there was some kind of information coming through in dreams that did transpire in subsequent world events.

Like Nosty they were not always immediately interpretable until AFTER the event. Crying or Very sad
nilsmo
Hmm... I wonder why they were only interpretable after the event? So there's no way to prove there's no truth behind them.
goutha
Well, you avatar says it all Smile
darrenpaul
goutha wrote:
Well, you avatar says it all Smile

Agreed

There are plenty of people out there who think they can predict it all, however things are different today, most of these people are sent to the loony bin. Whereas in his time, they didn't have more else to entertain them.
sarkar
Well sometimes events take place in my life which I also feel I had experienced long ago, but I can't remember when and how, may be I too see them in my dreams. Maybe this is metaphysics. But I don't reveal it to anyone else as others will just make fun of me.
chasbeen
Hey! what do you mean my Avator says it all! My new flying saucer is much larger Cool
hunnyhiteshseth
sarkar wrote:
Well sometimes events take place in my life which I also feel I had experienced long ago, but I can't remember when and how, may be I too see them in my dreams. Maybe this is metaphysics. But I don't reveal it to anyone else as others will just make fun of me.

It is called deja-vu. Actually, it is due to mix up of some chemicals in brain which make us beleive that something which is current is also present in memory.

About the original topic-- Actually a simple maths will show you how it is possible.
There are 6billion people in this world, on av. they dream about 100 dreams per night, that takes no. of dreams to 600 billion per night. Also, every dream is very vague & can be interpreted in many ways. Assuming it can be interpreted in 10ways(actually it can be infinite but I am taking minimum), we get about 6trillion interpretations per night.

Now the probability that any one of these interpretations come true is very very high. So, it logically follows that we hear about these 'nostradamus' dreams.
Davidgr1200
There's lots of people out there predicting lots of things, occasionally someone is bound to be right, even if only by accident. The best thing is to make the prediction as vague as possible "There will be a war in a country in the East. Many people will die. A strong man will arise and rule with an iron hand." That sort of thing.
Divinaeon
If there is someone out there making prophecies of the future, I'm sure they're wise enough not to go around blabbing that they can see the future. After all...they can see the future, and not much good comes out of telling the world a secret like that.
Aless
How fake.
Ray Gravin
I remember one time my mother had a dream about her best friends daughter being kidnaped at gun point. Later that week it happend. She was really just car napped. Some guy made her drive him to the docks on the gulf coast wile pointing a gun at her back. It was crazy!