FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chappelle's Show is 'Done' , says Murphy says

estyLz
Quote:
NEW YORK - Time to face the facts: Dave Chappelle's hit Comedy Central series isn't coming back, says one of its stars. "`Chappelle's Show' is over, man. Done," comic Charlie Murphy told TV Guide. "It took me a long time to be able to say those words, but I can say it pretty easy now, because it's the truth."
Chappelle's sudden "spiritual retreat" to South Africa on the eve of his show's third season has left the series in limbo since May. About half of a new season had been filmed before Chappelle left, Murphy said.

"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," he said. "`Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

Comedy Central has always said the door is open for Chappelle to return, spokeswoman Aileen Budow said Wednesday.

Network chief Doug Herzog met with Chappelle on June 3, but that has been their last communication, she said.

Murphy, the older brother of comic Eddie Murphy, said his two seasons with Chappelle made him a star.

"Now I can go out and do stand-up," he said. "I'm getting movie offers. It's off the hook. Me getting to the next level or whatever's going to happen is going to come from the next things I do, but `Chappelle's Show' served its purpose and I'll always be grateful."

well .. what do you guys think of this? My insides are dying from this news .. aha , (* Crying Inside *) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Monkeydog
It was funny but i wouldn't kill myself over the news...I do sorta hope they show the half the season they have...
Hephy
Anyone see how he quit... Was the funnest thing in the world...
impronto
it's too bad. he was the one show i can look forward to all the time.
vainer10
to bad... good show!
very funny!
Aut0mat1c
Too bad, great show.
xorcist
lol it was the funniest show ever I bought the Season 1 dvd and going ot get the season 2 dvd even if there was any but I heard it was going to start showing on HBO.
Scotty2dope
too bad.... i liked it
nakamaru
Oh well. Not a huge loss.
bigdan
That's a shame...I loved that show..."I'm Rick James, biatch!" Laughing
mr.e
I'm hoping Dave will come back out with a new show/movie when he get's back from africa..there is probably more to that story that they didn't let out, maybe problems with the network.