FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ghost? exist

the-geek
I just saw this "The FBI Files" like program about haunted houses, and a family told about how strange things happened, and how an exorcist had helped them and they had become believers after being atheist all their lives.

I've never seriously believed in all those supernatural stuff. People who can see ghost and talk about negative energy bla bla bla...

But I started to wonder... Are these people in such kinds of programs crazy? Are they just playing/lying to get on tv? Religious propaganda? Or is some of that stuff true?

What do you think?
TruPain
I certainly believe that there may be something out there, something that in our current state can not comprehend until we learn to use more of our brains power... but I have to say, that I am one fo those that has to see to believe... until I actually see a ghost, I can not believe in them...

And it is funny how, just like the people that claim they were abducted by aliens, the people that see ghosts appear to have IQ's in the single digits...

Not saying it isn't possible, just in my opinion, If there were such things, I do not think we would know how to comprehend it nor understand it.

And besides that, I need to see to believe... I am just that way...
khscatteredmemories
I am firm believer of ghosts and the supernatural. However, 90% of people on TV are probably lying about their spiritual experiences. I believe that ghosts are just like loopholes in time - they are constantly playing an awful experience over and over and this will continue until the spirit is set free.

For example, I read about someone staying in a hotel who often heard a dog barking and scratching at a wall. They reported this to the hotel staff, and so did many others over a few weeks. Eventually, one of the hotel staff was sent up during the night to witness the problem (I forget wether they were male/female and what their job was). He saw the dog, elping and scatching away a the wall - just as the visitors had said-. This went on for a few nights and it was eventually discovered that their used to be a door where the wall now was.

The member of staff searched around the hotel and eventually found a small room that had obviously been uninhabitated for some time. There was dust everywhere, and several typewriters that were obviously broken. That night, the staff stayed in the room to see if anything strange went on. They witnessed a murder. They first saw a man typing away on a typewriter, then a masked man entered and attempted to kill the man. The yelping and scratching could be heard through a wall. The member of staff ran over to a door where he heard the yelping and opened it. There was just a brick wall. However, the man saw an almost transparent dog come through the wall and run over to the scene. Slowly, they all faded, and the scratching and yelping never came again.

Basically, the member of staff freed the spirits, and broke the time loop.

It may just be complete fiction, but it certainly is interesting.
Lessien
wel
i never seen a ghost before but i do believe there is more in this world then we think. i have read a really interesting article bout the matter of a human soul. it actually went over cloning but one part did go over spirits, which is believed ghosts are, remnants of that soul who after death someone are stuck here or just don't wich to move one.
they talked bout that even though we pretty much know what a human body is made of meaning the elements, structure and so on we can't create a body and make it alive cause it's missing something.
so they assumes and i agree with that the missing thing must be our soul or spirit. so it's reasonable to believe that those souls indeed wander around after the physical body dies.
as for
Quote:
And it is funny how, just like the people that claim they were abducted by aliens, the people that see ghosts appear to have IQ's in the single digits...

it is said that kids and people with low IQ still aren't infected with the idea that everything has to be logical. when a kid gets older there way of thinking changed and start to find logic in everything but ghosts can't really be explained by logic. and all what isn't logical gets subcontiously dismissed by our brains so we don't see them. which doesn't happen with the younger kids.
i hope this last part is making any sence
Babsta
Well I don't really think ghosts exist. Yes, Jinns and angels exist but the soul leaves the body as the person dies. What people might witness as spirits can be the jinns deluding one by being in that transparent form. Because when people die their souls enter a different dimension of time and space. They can never come back to this world, except when people are done burying the dead body, the soul hears the footsteps of their loved ones when they are departing. That's when they are sitting in the grave but after that they go into a deep slumber by the will of God till the Doomsday.
And it makes a lot of sense that the souls enter a totally different world cause what you might have heard may be fictions but there's never ever been any true witnessing of a ghost. Also the the souls are not on their own in the life after death, they can't do anything on their will. It can only be jinns appearing in that transparent form.
That's just what I know from my religion and I believe it.
SmartIcon
I do not think ghosts exist. This is only the fear of our mind.
Srs2388
Yes, I do believe in ghost's I believe that they are around people and some people don't know that they are... others are more sensitive to things like that and will be able to pick up on it.
vinchenzison
I'm not a believer in Ghosts but I do believe in the supernatural.
I believe in Angels and Demons. My sister has seen 2 angels and have a couple of friends who have too. I suppose they could look like ghosts to some people??
erlendhg
the-geek wrote:
I just saw this "The FBI Files" like program about haunted houses, and a family told about how strange things happened, and how an exorcist had helped them and they had become believers after being atheist all their lives.

I've never seriously believed in all those supernatural stuff. People who can see ghost and talk about negative energy bla bla bla...

But I started to wonder... Are these people in such kinds of programs crazy? Are they just playing/lying to get on tv? Religious propaganda? Or is some of that stuff true?

What do you think?

Here, back in Norway, we have actually a television program just for people who are bothered by ghosts or spirits, and weird men or women that force them to go after sensing all their energy and stuff, and bla bla bla, as you said Smile

It is called "Åndenes makt", meaning The Power of the Spirits

I don't believe a second in the thing that there are people that can sense ghosts and such, although I cannot say 100% sure that there are no such things as ghosts.
scorpiosemotion
I believe in ghosts, spirits or whichever you'd like to call them. In fact I've seen a couple. No, my IQ is not in the single digits by a long shot, and no I am not making this up. Some people are more preceptive to these types of things, open minded if you will. As for them being time loops that is an interesting idea, I certainly wont argue with it. The day that my grandmother died she appeared before me and we had a very pleasant conversation, it was like a waking dream. The telephone woke me and she kissed my forehead and said goodbye. The telephone was the hospital calling to inform us that my grandmother had passed away. My mother had the same experience at the time of my grandmothers death, so call me crazy if you will, but I do honestly believe that ghosts and spirits do exist.
scimitarmoon
I like to believe that there is a supernatural. It makes life more interesting, and means there are more mysteries out there... So much about the world and universe is becoming known and quantified every day, it is nice, in my opinion, to think there is something out there that may never be fully understood, that exists aside from or in addition to religion. On the other hand, a lot of what gets interpreted as supernatural phenomena is actually perfectly ordinary stuff. So it's difficult to tell what is real/might be real and what is normal... But I like trying to figure it out for myself.

In summary, some of it I believe, a lot of it I do not.
Fright Knight
Yes. I believe ghosts exist because I've seen ghost not always but not too rare. The last time i saw one was back in November when I was At the comfort room where i was having my on the job training. I see ghosts since the fifth grade. Since then i believe in ghosts.
Rako
TruPain wrote:
I certainly believe that there may be something out there, something that in our current state can not comprehend until we learn to use more of our brains power... but I have to say, that I am one fo those that has to see to believe... until I actually see a ghost, I can not believe in them...

Not saying it isn't possible, just in my opinion, If there were such things, I do not think we would know how to comprehend it nor understand it.

And besides that, I need to see to believe... I am just that way...

I couldn't agree more with you.
there may be something out there but science just can't explain it yet.
I do believe the majority of stories are false. but other stories could be real or they looked so reel to the person that they believed it.
khscatteredmemories
I THINK I've seen a ghost before. A man in very old clothes walked past me, and asked where The town hall was. This wouldn't have been suspicious - if it wasn't for the fac that the town hall had been blown up during WW2. I told him it didn't exist any longer, but he didn't seem to take any notice. He lifted his hat from his head and bowed slightly, then began to walk towards the old site of the hall. I turned round the corner after him, but he was gone.

I don't know, could have been anything. But it sure was EXTREMELY suspicious. Maybe it was one of the loops I was talking about. I don't think I set him free, but I've never seen him again since.

Spooky, Huh?
justnewbie
I'm sticking to my point, ghosts do not exist. I've asked both of my grandfather and grandmother with several dozens years of experience.. and never they did once experienced mysterious happenings like ghosts.
DecayClan
There are many facts and evidences, that show, that there are some things out there, that we haven't discovered yet. I am talking about ghost, etc., but generally. Things that are considered to be "supernatural", but in fact, they are something that we just haven't discover yet...

(if someone believed in radiowaves some years ago(ok, many years), they would all believe that he is crazy, or consider them supernatural).

There is something more out there Wink
frozenhead
I think we are not the only one around in this planet.
sarapicoazul
I don't believe in ghosts. I think that ghost are a manifestation of our fears. But parapsychology ... well this is another story. I think that paranormal phenomena simply does not exist but the fact is that many universities do research about parapsychology and some organizations such as the pharmaceutical company Bial gives grants to study paranormal phenomena.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parapsychology
JBotAlan
Well, what is a ghost? There are certainly events that happen that have no apparent reason in this world. This world *is* random. But many "ghosts" are in our minds. Our minds are fairly unstable, too...there is no way for us to even comprehend what reality is.

The people who say this world is purely scientific and orderly amaze me. We don't know how many things work; gravity is one of them. And the scientists have no formula, nor will they ever, to describe the vibrations of molecules. There is no way to describe this world entirely. So I take this world for what it is, very random. I do believe in random events; this might entail seeing ghosts.

Plus, the world is so much more interesting when you believe that there is something else besides us.

JBot
jynxanims
Personally, I believe. There are too many incidents where people encounter 'ghosts'. Now, they might not be the tv/movie kind of 'ghosts', but they're still real...
khscatteredmemories
While it may seem strange, I agree with almost everythin that everyone has said. Things that we 'consider' supernatural could just be something that we fully understand. The human race fears what it cannot explain. Ghosts could just be a figment of one's imagination. However, these thoughts could be generated by an 'aura' given off by a presence. So basically, almost all theories could be (and probably are, to a certain extenet) right. Although, we may never know...

I suppose it just comes down to someone's personal believes - and not nesecarily the most propular opinion.
LostOverThere
*Shutter*

This is giving me the creeps...
Kaisonic
People aren't necessarily crazy, they're just too stupid to realize that a ghost can't physically exist in this world. A lot of people in this world are really stupid. But oh well. We'll all die eventually. [/negative comment]
Agent ME
I remember when I was much younger (and my brother, younger than I, apparently too young for him to remember much now) neither of us could get to sleep one night.

I was looking around the room in boredom, and down the hallway, when I saw movements in the air in the darkness. Like my idea of bats. I would be pretty sure that I was just tired and imagining things - but I whispered to my brother and he was seeing the same things... Either we think too closely alike or...

Later, I woke up in the morning, like 7-8ish, and my brother was up already. After I got up, he said he heard knocking noises in my parents' room (I can see what you're thinking - but no, they had already gotten up and left the room...) and that he saw one of my Woody toy (the character from Toy Story) in there, which he said had walked and made the noise. (He said later to me that day he was lying.) I went into the room, looking for my toy. I looked everywhere. Under the bed, in the closet, etc. I didn't find it in there.

But I found something else the freaked me out. In the closet's reflection in the mirror, there appeared to be a dark green robe hanging. But there wasn't anything even green in the closet. I thought it was behind something and I was looking at it at an angle, but I couldn't find the green robe. I then realized something wasn't right, so I backed up, looking in the mirror, and put my arm backwards to where the robe-looking thing was. I freaked a bit when I saw my arm go through it in the mirror. I left the room for a few minutes near-terrified until I could build up some more courage.

I went into the room again to get a better look at it, which I didn't get much of - the mirror was across the room from the closet (and I wasn't smart enough then to go get a handheld mirror). It looked like a tall robed figure standing with its back to the mirror, and dark kinda-long fuzzy curly hair. Can't remember that part too well. I showed my brother and my grandma it. My brother seemed to care less, and my grandma seemed like it was a mild surprise or something, or acted as if I had set up some sort of visual trick and was acknowledging my work Confused

About 45 minutes later it was gone.

I was suspicious of mirrors for quite a few years, and terrified of mirrors in darker areas. I still get the creeps when I'm around mirrors.
cybernie
Haven't seen a ghost yet hehehe... but personally, I believe in those unseen entities. Why? I don't know. I just sometimes feel there presence. In worst cases, they make me shiver.
cvkien
yes, ghost is exist but it is only in your mind. if you believe there are ghost around you, then it exist. but if you don't ghost existence, then there was no ghost in this world. i tried to believe there was ghost when i'm a kid. but until now i still did't see any ghost yet. curently i'm studying psychology. so maybe my perception is different with other person and that makes my thinking scientifically. and if you are saying that some machine can detect ghost existence, then ask yourself is that machine created by human? if yes, then human can manipulate things. machine like "heat detect", our environment is always change. there are more possibilities that make some place warm than other places...
skygaia
Actually, I have never seen a gohst for my life..
But it might make me feel fear as well..

I'm from korea. So I can't speak english very well..
So.. If I meet a gohst here, I will not feel fear less than I think. because it's very difficult to communicate between a gohst and me in english..
kiranaghor
I have never seen ghosts in my life but I know very close people who have seen ghosts. Their stories are very intresting and hearing them makes me chill. My previous place where I lived for more than a year was haunted. One night I suddenly became so much afraid that I started shivering and lied awake on my bed for 4 hours from 12.30 to 4.30. From next night I called my frend to stay with me. One morning when I went out to make a long distance call while my friend was asleep, he felt something sat on his chest and he started suffocating. He was so much afraid he pushed it away and ran outside.
Nothing like this incident happened afterwords. I have heard that only some special persons have the ability to see/spot ghosts.
toughtrio
I am a Muslim, and therefore believe in ghosts due to the fact that our Sacred scripture (Qur'an) says that. It has a complete chapter, named on ghosts, 'Surah-e-Jinn' as we call it in Arabic.
I personally have never felt the presence of such things, but am influenced by sources who have witnessed it, and I believe those sources to be true in the form in which the info transferred to me.

Yep, this sends a shiver running down my back all the time I think, hear or even watch a movie relating to ghosts. But currently I am fascinated by the dual, opposite natures of my mind and my heart.

The mind says that I want to see a ghost in reality and witness something that a relatively less proportion of people have. On the other hand my heart feels that I wont be able to handle such a 'super-natural' situation, and would faint at the moment.

The heart dominates at present, and will continue to until I build more courage.

Anyways, An 'eerie' topic to start. Twisted Evil
Warm Regards,
OutlawSpirit
i dont believe there is such a thing as ghosts... not entirely sure why i dont believe but i just dont see it as logical - perhaps i used the wrong word there but id sooner believe in an afterlife then ghosts... by this im reffering to an afterlife such as heaven and ghosts as trapped souls on earth etc...