FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Epic Movie

Vinas
Has anyone seen this yet? Ever since I saw the trailer on Quicktime I've been dying to see it, but a friend mentioned to me yesterday that it wasn't that epic.

So could anyone who's seen it help me (the more the better)? Is this movie paying to go see in the cinema or should I just get it by.. other means... Twisted Evil ... OR, forget about it and go see Harry Potter. Razz
bigdan
I saw Epic Movie when I was in Charlestown (out Lake Macquarie way, a bit away from Newcastle) and while I had a few chuckles here and there, it's not that good.

Basically, I was going to see Will Ferrell's new one, but the bus didn't make it in time. Mad
Vinas
Well it's by 2 of the 5 (guessing not the Wayans Brothers) makers of Scary Movie, and I enjoyed those so I figured this would be pretty fun to see too.

Guess not though. I'll probably just wait till it comes out on DVD then. Smile Thanks.
Jayfarer
The Wayans haven't been involved in a "_____ Movie" parody since Scary Movie 2. It's no wonder that since then absolutely no one has liked anything after that. I dont know why these movies keep getting made. I have yet to meet someone who thinks they've been good.
theac
Vinas wrote:
Has anyone seen this yet? Ever since I saw the trailer on Quicktime I've been dying to see it, but a friend mentioned to me yesterday that it wasn't that epic.

So could anyone who's seen it help me (the more the better)? Is this movie paying to go see in the cinema or should I just get it by.. other means... Twisted Evil ... OR, forget about it and go see Harry Potter. Razz

Like they said it is alright movie but i would wait untill it comes out for rental then watch it. i think it had an aright plot, but it seems just a little too much like scary moive... they kinda copycated that one.
rightclickscott
Epic Movie=Epic Fail.
Scaramanga
Jayfarer wrote:
The Wayans haven't been involved in a "_____ Movie" parody since Scary Movie 2. It's no wonder that since then absolutely no one has liked anything after that. I dont know why these movies keep getting made. I have yet to meet someone who thinks they've been good.

I dunno who keeps seeing them, but Scary Movie 3 made $220m world-wide and only cost $48 to make (and in fact, made back that $48 million in its opening weekend!) Scary Movie 4 on the other hand, with a budget of $45m, took in a paltry $178m globally (and only made $40m on opening weekend, boohoo.) So yeah, some retards keep seeing these. Very Happy
hunterm
Hmmm. Seem like they thought "let's blatantly copy clips from some pretty funny films and release it as our own film".

Seems like a rubbish concept and thank god I haven't seen it.

Each to their own though.
Captain Fertile
The name Wayans tends to put me off watching a movie these days. he last 'real' movie I really enjoyed involving one of the Wayans Clan was the Last Boy Scout with Bruce Willis back in oh... ...1882!!! Not sure but it was a lonnnng time ago when Bruce Willis was a major Hollywood player.

That was a good movie with two good strong main characters, one of wich was a Wayans, although I am trying to remember which one - Damon? Was there a Damon??

Oh well, enough said.
Revvion
It really failed to live up to what i thought it would be, for me it was a total failure.
Handermier
rightclickscott wrote:
Epic Movie=Epic Fail.

Quoted for truth.

-Handermier
indeedwrestling
Wretched. I love good parodies. Instead, this was lame. They skewered things that weren't at all difficult to mock. (Such as, did anyone really think Tom Hank's hair in Da Vinci Code was good?) It's the same producers as Date Movie & Scary Movies. Just awful writing that meant so funny & intelligent rookie didn't get an movie offer because this piece of junk went to print.
bhzh
Scary Movies 1 and 2 were funny. Scary Movies 3 and 4 are okay. But I really don't like the direction the franchise is going. I mean the studios seem to just want to cash in on the success of the first two Scary Movies by watering down the jokes in Scary Movies and by making rip offs, Epic Movie, Date Movie etc. I watched Date Movie and literally puked because of the bad jokes that were not funny, but down right messed up. I think the writers need to bring back the shock value of the first ones and direct the movies more towards an adult audience. The spoofs of rated R horror movies for an adult audience were funny. But the spoofs of rated R horror movies for a teenage/adult audience just does not work!
gtherockgod
I actually thought Epic Movie was decent. I highly doubt I'll be buying it once it comes out on DVD (next 3 comedy DVD purchases for me = Trailer Park Boys Movie, Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny, and Borat) but compared to all of the other "____ Movie" films that have come out since Scary Movie 2, I thought this one was generally less crappy.
neosree
Epic movie is just for timepass, I didn't think it is a bad movie, as I am watching it for time pass only. I still respect those charecters that this movie pictured as funny. here it is a group of harmless funny clips ordered in sequence with a little bit of story, to just entertain you. I am going to buy a DVd when it releases Smile
cavey
I saw this movie 2 days ago. It was awful! The jokes has no point. It is not funny at all. There is just a lot of farting- and peeing-"humor". Stupid "parodies" of other movies. Arent parodies meant to making fun of other movies? This one just makes fun of the people who made this useless movie...
blk3
The movies not too good. Good for one viewing only. Then after that you'll totally forget it fot the rest of your life.
bluefossil
I guess the movie would have been a bit funnier if i had seen Chronicles of Narnia. It was ok had a few funny scenes than started to repeat jokes. you don't have to kick the Talking beaver more than once.
Simulator
I am hereby against this movie and everything about it!!!

This movie takes amazing actors and makes humourless jokes out of them. I didnt laugh once, not once. It was jam-packed with the kind of joke you'd acidentally blurt out in public then blush over cos it was so bad.

Sacry movies were okay, they made humour of horror, which was a little funny but epicmovie tries to make humour of talent which is stoopid and pointless.

I am boyctting this movie from here on out and i have myself a team of fellow boycotters.

Join Us!!
Turn your backs on stupidity!!
Terrasis-Cian
Its funny hte way they are mocking Borat in i. Its funny because Borat itself is a mockery LOLO Laughing
stian
hello guys..
I'm new here, but I give it a try Razz
I see u discuss Epic Movie and I have a question. I saw a cover of a DVD movie in a shop in another town.. It looked like Scary Movie 5, but it had another name for it.. Can u help me figure this out?

thx anyway=)

*norwegian, so the language is bad..I think:P*
bluefossil
stian wrote:
hello guys..
I'm new here, but I give it a try Razz
I see u discuss Epic Movie and I have a question. I saw a cover of a DVD movie in a shop in another town.. It looked like Scary Movie 5, but it had another name for it.. Can u help me figure this out?

thx anyway=)

*norwegian, so the language is bad..I think:P*

The movie is written by some of the same people who did Scary Movie I believe. it's a spoof on Chronicles of Narnia mostly. with some others like harry potter thrown in.
jyrevi
I saw the epic movie, and when I saw the trailer I thought of the same thing: that it would be cool, etc, etc.
But when I saw it, I was pretty disappointed. Though it did make me laugh, but it wasn't as uch as I expected it to be. I was left in the cinema sitting there and was like, "that's it!? what's epic about that?" so yeah.

2/5.
frozenrider
1/5. This film is very sucks , because is crass :/ The best movie of Wayan's Brothers is Don't Be A Menace Very Happy