FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spooning... outside a relationship

zanzou
So, my roommate and I are a bit confused. She likes this boy (who is a bass player). This boy is... apparenly very clueless to things like girls liking him (as he has at least 3 girls who actively like him, and he remains in the dark about them all.. as said by his best friend.)

This boy has slept over 2 or 3 times now, and has shared her bed every time. Nothing sexual has really happened, but the last time, she wasn't wearing pants and they spooned.

Would this be a clear indication that a girl likes you? Would you be confused? Would you not do it if you didn't like her back?

We're in the dark, here. :( Help us out.
AmzLangers
Um, Crap I would be shit scared if i was male... My GOD why in the hell didn't she tell him in the first place???
sorry. it just shocked me
zanzou
AmzLangers wrote:
Um, Crap I would be shit scared if i was male... My GOD why in the hell didn't she tell him in the first place???

I'm not sure why a male would be scared? They were doing it wihle awake. (And what is she supposed to tell him??)
Nae_splash
Yes it is very clear she likes you when they sleep together.haha. Im not sure i know guys in general(From my expirience) have no common sense so he might be confused by this gesture or he might like her but be to afraid to ask her out. -shrughs- . Well all guys are pigs when it comes to doing "it" most guys anyway. So yes i probably would do it anyway just to get her scrunchie.(an expression)

~Nae
Droop
zanzou wrote:
AmzLangers wrote:

I'm not sure why a male would be scared? They were doing it wihle awake. (And what is she supposed to tell him??)

I think he's just shy and is holding back on making the first move, she should just be a bit more touchy feely otherwise just be upfront and talk dirty Razz happy posting!!
Captain Fertile
I am sure he has some idea she likes him but these days unless you get a VERY clear- usually verbal YES then men can sometimes be slow to take the initiative,

Sexual assualt is all to frequent these days so unless you get the words whispered in your ear you dare not try anything.

Oe thing I can say, he seems quite a decent guy to have slet like that a number of times and not tried anything of that kind. specially spooning, not to be too base about it she would probably be able to 'tell' he was interested from him prodding her in the back most of the night!

I hope that doesn't offend, but most young red-blooded males would be in that position laying like that by someone they like in that way.

I think it it time you got thtose two talking to each other and lay the cards on the table. If she likes him and he is willing sleep over in that way I would say he likes her a lot. Thst said, when it got to the spooniong stage I am suprised nothing has happened.

Hope this helps.
bluefossil
maybe he doesn't want a commitment and he is fine with having multiple girls liking him. first just talking --> spooning --> friends with benefits
Nerdlings
I"m sure he likes her back, but is very share and doesn't want to make her angry by making the wrong move. Just have your friend tell him.
blue77
And I think that she have to tell him, or better to invite him just to go out whit her. There she will see what this gay realy think about her, and what he is thinking to do whit this situation.
zanzou
Thanks for all the replies. :D

She's decided to take your advice and just bite the bullet; she'll tell him when they're having a dinner-thing this week.

Either way, we'll know what's going on.

Thanks for all your help!!!
Captain Fertile
Let us know what happens if you don't mind, am quite intrigued by this situation.

I am pretty sure they will get together in some way (unless of course there is a chance he is gay and just likes the closeness).
mattyj
If that happened to me, i would deffinately get the idea she liked me, but me being me still probably wouldnt make a move, im just like that, kinda sux Sad

I doubt he'd have kept spooning with her with nopants on if he didnt have some feelings for her
tiel_99
Hi,

I've been following this thread.

Keep us posted and all the best!

okay can i make myself feel like an idiot and ask what spooning is?

AHHHH PLEASE DONT HIT MEEEEE
Citizen Kane
For pikameowmeow15:

Put two spoons together like the way you buy them in a large quantity and you'll know.

In other words: Together in bed on your sides, the man with his belly to the back of the woman.

Does this clear up anything for you??
pikameowmeow15
Citizen Kane wrote:
For pikameowmeow15:

Put two spoons together like the way you buy them in a large quantity and you'll know.

In other words: Together in bed on your sides, the man with his belly to the back of the woman.

Does this clear up anything for you??

yes, its true!!!! i AM an idiot. it was so obvious, so right in front of my face (not literally)! yes...it does. lol. thanks. ill try not to sound like a naive 16 year old anymore.

this is what i get when i over think things. Shocked
Citizen Kane
Hmmm, I wonder what you were thinking then...
zanzou
Citizen Kane wrote:

Or with the woman with her belly to the man's back... :D It's quite open.

As for resolution, this is how it seems it will end.

The guy DID know that my roommate liked him-- but this apparently put a bunch of pressure on him, for a variety of reasons (such as the side choosing that would happen if they did date and anything went wrong, since another or my roommates is dating one of the guy's best friends, plus the whole 'is she flirting with me/does she want sex/omg what do I do now??' that comes with that sort of thing) and he stopped coming around as much, and hasn't slept over since I made the original post.

He probably did like her back, though this is a bit foggy because he's a huuuge space case.

However, the roommate who was expressing the interest in him has given up on it-- she had just left a serious relationship, and a lot of her feelings were apparently the rebound type of the "I don't want to be lonely&want to be found attractive" type.

So, in the end: nothing happened, he wasn't oblivious, but things didn't go anywhere, and that's probably for the best.
fbcompany
was there a big fat lump pressing on her ass?

thats a bit of a big giveaway.
SyncM
If i guy sleep in the same bed like a girl its pretty obius that he like her. strange that he havent done anything its pretty hard to sleep in spoon with a girl and not get intressting. Maybe he like boys.
Ray Gravin
Quote:
Sexual assault is all to frequent these days so unless you get the words whispered in your ear you dare not try anything.

I agree, I am very reserved with the ladies for this very reason. I might drop hints and obvious eye contact type stuff but I normally like things spelled out for me before moving any further.

I don't think he was oblivious at all. I think he was just thinking with his head and not his heart (or his pants). Of course he wasn't THAT interested if he was able to restrain himself due to awkward circumstance.

What's the quote I saw once "a passion unpersued was never passion at all"?