FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Re-inspiration?

zanzou
I hate when you sign up for a course, and then get horribly disappointed because the proff is dull/the material seems to drag.

Luckily for me, the class after the midterm (today), we started covering material I'm really interested in. While there have been individual classes that have been very interesting in this course (Classics, if anyone was curious), a lot of it has been the teacher talking about pottery. @_@ Which was driving me a bit crazy.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how awesome it is when I course you were starting to get bummed about has suddenly restored itself in your heart. :D
indeedwrestling
Yeah, I think a lot of learning has to do with the state of your mind and the state of your well-being besides the actual material. I remember when my friend was killed; I was immediately de-moralized and my entire attitude towards school really was affected.
paulbarter2
I think that the key thing is to distance the lecturer from the material, so that no matter how bad the lecturer is you will still do well. Having said that it makes things a lot easier if there is a good lecturer!
Shake
It's not so bad most of the time, even if the professor/content is dull. The worst thing of all is signing up for a course and finding yourself rushing to get things turned in on time and still only get a 'C'. Why don't you count your blessings? People like you make teaching even more tense for teachers when you complain about how you already know everything in the middle of class when others are trying to learn.

I'm not saying this as an insult towards you personally, and you may not even express it, but I do know several people with the same mindset who think they know everything or REALLY DO know everything already. Why sign up for a course that you already know if you really want a challenge? There is always an option to move to a higher level.
zanzou
Shake wrote:
It's not so bad most of the time, even if the professor/content is dull. The worst thing of all is signing up for a course and finding yourself rushing to get things turned in on time and still only get a 'C'. Why don't you count your blessings? People like you make teaching even more tense for teachers when you complain about how you already know everything in the middle of class when others are trying to learn.

I'm not saying this as an insult towards you personally, and you may not even express it, but I do know several people with the same mindset who think they know everything or REALLY DO know everything already. Why sign up for a course that you already know if you really want a challenge? There is always an option to move to a higher level.

Knowing the material already wasn't the problem at all-- I know/knew very little of the material, going in, or while at lectures. The problem was with how the proff has been giving lectures. They just seem to KILL ME with their dullness.
Azmo
that is not just about a course, that's about life itself. I had the same experience with my job.. started of as a way out, a chance to move away from home, start my own life, but god did I hate it?

I was so close to quit my job like 100 times, every morning I though of if I should call in sick or not, just so I didnt had to go to work. Ye I know it sounds alot like whining, but we are all shaped for diferent kind of work, this industry thing doing assembely and other simular stuff just wasnt me.

But but but, one day, I woke up and I felt better, I was no longer heavy minded in the morning, it was easier to get my ass out of bed. Now what happend.. I didnt quit my job or anything, but I got an oppertunity, a chance to do something else, I got that just because I showed a good mood and always was at work on time doing what I was suposed to.

anyways, now it's never a problem getting out of bed in the morning, except when I'm sick for real.. but that doesnt happen often Smile

I guess it's kinda like the quote "Winners never quit, and quitters never win" . atleast I feel like that. I'm happy at work every day now, just because I didnt quit.. Smile cheers to me.. gief beer pls! Laughing