FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Snow Day!

PatTheGreat42
Welp, today is a Code Red Snow Day for me (Well, freezing rain day at any rate, so sledding is out)! This rocks, because now I get to spend Valentines Day with my girlfriend instead of at school. Best part is, since I'm a senior, we don't have to make up snow days in the summer! I plan to drink a lot of hot chocolate, and by golly, there may be a movie involved.

What do you guys like to do on snow days?
Davidgr1200
We get a bit blasι about snow here in Sweden. We've had six inches of it on the ground the past three weeks.
Captain Fertile
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
Welp, today is a Code Red Snow Day for me (Well, freezing rain day at any rate, so sledding is out)! This rocks, because now I get to spend Valentines Day with my girlfriend instead of at school. Best part is, since I'm a senior, we don't have to make up snow days in the summer! I plan to drink a lot of hot chocolate, and by golly, there may be a movie involved.

What do you guys like to do on snow days?

I don't get it. Is snow day a day off from school because of too much snow?

If so why are you off school when you say there is no snow?

Please forgive my obvious stupidity, sometimes I'm as thick as a Whale Omelette! Embarassed
TurkishGamer
There was a snow storm yesterday and it is still snowing, but I STILL HAVE A SCHOOL with a 1 hour delay. I miss my old school superintendent. He would have given us the day off and maybe an hour delay the next day.
Srs2388
I hope you have a great time Smile
mantasx
Hell yah!!!!!!! Today i woke up at 6 o'clock and I looked through the window and I saw a foot of snow!! Here in NJ Jackson, we practicaly had no snow whatsoever this year. I went to NJ school closing site and I found out that my school is 2 hours late for opening. Then in about 30 min, it started raining!! All the snow melted and roads were literaly covered with ice! Then I checked out the site again and noticed that it says "Jackson Twn:Closed" !! I'm so happy right now! By the way if anybody wants to see the site.... Here you go http://www.news12.com/NJ/closings notice how many school's are closed! And all those twn's with whole bunch of schools.
Captain Fertile
@mantasx

Thanks for sharing that link, it was a good illustration of how the weather is affecting you guys.

Boy there are a lot of schools on there!

I am now wishing we had snow even more now. Crying or Very sad
Ray Gravin
I'm going to try to make it to work : (

I got nothing going for V-Day anyway...
xkobram
I miss snow. Jusualy we have lot of snow here in February. And we have nothings. There is a little of snow on slopes but i dont go there because of rain and bad weather. I miss winter so much!
ThornsOfSorrow
We have freezing rain here in Connecticut as well. I had to go to class at 8 a.m. (because my college could care less about us commuters), but my last class was cancelled at least. Driving home was NOT fun, as I couldn't even see the lines on the highway, but I'm happy to have one less class today.
eku53ru
I live in the sunnier parts of California, and as a result I have yet to experience a snow day. It stinks that snow days are added to the last day of school to make up for the absence of the day, but it makes sense.

I remember that there was a school in my area that frequently flooded during storms, so school was cancelled often during the rainy season. However, I do not recall them adding more days to the last day of school to make up for curriculum lost. Strange, huh?
Aless
It's warm & sunny in the UK. Stark contrast with a week ago, when everyone was snowed in!
watersoul
Not everyone has been snowed on in the UK, here in the South West of England we hardly ever get snow (apart from maybe the highest bits of Dartmoor) and how jealous are we all of the rest of the country finding excuses from work with just a dusting of the white stuff.
Mustn't complain about it though really, I haven't had to bring my orange tree's and banana plant indoors this year - not one night of frost so far - long may it continue - cant stand being cold Smile
R2.DETARD
Snow days are great for all the kids, but my god! getting anywhere is a pain.
Last snow day here was 3 weeks ago. 1 foot total.
today was like spring, so I don't think there will be many more this season...
nilsmo
I'm in Maryland to! I got an early dismissal Tuesday, no school Wednesday and no school Thursday! Very Happy
goutha
Actually, there's not only bad things about snow!

People don't have to go schools and that a good thing!
Seiji
It does snow here often but it rains 80% of the year. It rained today and yesterday and it will probably rain tomorrow.
wanha1
Last week we had no school on Monday or Tuesday, a two hour delay on Wednesday, and one hour delays on Thursday and Friday. This was because of the cold.

This week we got this gigantic snow storm. We were off yesterday and today, and probably tomorrow as well. My county is under a level 3 emergency, so we aren't even allowed to drive. That's what happens when you live in the country and they don't plow the roads

We only got like 8 inches of snow, but then it started freezing rain all day long. That's what really screwed us over; everything is covered in ice.

Not only was my high school closed, so was the college I attend! I wasn't going to go anyway, because my car sucks in the snow.
Rako
Hi i live in northern australia and i have never even seen snow. besides some crushed ice. we (or just me)think its freezing when it gets below 15 degrees celcius. I would love a snow day but unfortunately its not going to happen hear unless this climate change thing goes crazy.
Captain Fertile
It has been quite warm and spring-like here today and for the last gew dats so it appears and real wintery snow will not be showing up this year whcih I am gutted about.

Snow really does lift my spirits at times. Thats why I like reading this thread. I can understand how many would find this thread trite but I enjoy reading the descriptions of your snowy weather.
Blaster
I had a snow day that day too. Then we had a two hour deley on thursday. I see you live in maryland. I live just a little up from you in PA right near Delaware. That was really a fun snow day.
Kaisonic
Just about EVERYONE in the mid-east US was closed on Valentine's Day. Even I was, and the college I go to NEVER closes. It was awesome.
jongoldsz
Wednesday was the worst snow day ever. There was no "real" snow; it was lots and lots of ice.
spider
yea, were digging our cars out, and other than one day since wednesday, Ive only been outside once....
heady233
I just noticed this topic and wanted to say that since Monday is President's Day and we just had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off we now are having our first 6-Day Weekend! Dancing As for what I do on snow days, I usually go up to the construction site by my house with my friend and my little brother and sled down this HUGE hill we found that leads strait into a basin that is usually flooded with water but is now FROZEN! We have so much fun sledding into each other on purpose. Twisted Evil
hack_man_
I wouldn't know, I have lived in the middle of the roasting desert for most of my life.
Donutey
With snow, we had a four day weekend turn into a six day weekend, but unfortunately I had bronchitis the entire weekend, which defeated the purpose of the snow day(s). Rolling Eyes
hofodomo01
Well, we ended up getting a couple of inches down here in Cincinnati (a large number, compared to most years...)

I think my school got canceled on day because it was "too cold" or something...there was no snow nor ice...

But apparently, after checking the wikipedia article on the February blizzard, my old home in Canada got 23 inches or something...damn, I wish I was there...lol we would've been unable to get out of the apartment door...
Divinaeon
Quote:
Please forgive my obvious stupidity, sometimes I'm as thick as a Whale Omelette!

That is probably the best expression I have ever heard. In fact...I just ran downstairs to tell my whole family about. Thanks for making me smile!
melissareich
I had a snow day a couple weeks ago and now tomorrow, Monday, we have to go to school when originally it was supposed to be a day off. Wink
jynxanims
We also had a snow day that Wednesday. I spent it sledding, didn't get much freezing rain as much of you did... A foot of snow.
j_f_k
We've had 2 snow days this winter (London is just that bit too warm) both on workdays and both times the snow had melted (Around our area anyway) by the time I got home - so no snowmen for me or the jnr jfk's.

sigh.

I know someone who lives in Toronto and they do get thoroughly sick of shovelling hte stuff by this time of year - looks like I won't have that problem!
nilsmo
I ended up getting a 6.5 day weekend due to ~3 inches of snow. Very Happy Pretty nice.
funnyerror
I never get snow.... actually, it snowed a few months ago, at which time the schools were closed for the day.
Captain Fertile
The weather here is getting moe Spring like every day -lloks like winter may be over. Crying or Very sad

Only half a day of something approaching snow - I AM GUTTED!