FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The downfall of american society





estyLz
There's the usual view of practically anything that things aren't as good as they used to be. In the case of the US, the point seems to be the 'glory days' of 1950-1960s, where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was supposedly at its peak.

There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).
knox
Quote:
There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


I kind of think of America as the new Rome and has even been described as by an american politicion if i remember correctly. In the end when Rome started to fall it was besieged by barbarians like America correnlty is now with terrorism.

That massive debt they have can't be good either.
jgfanboy
The one thing I have to agree about the downfall of american culture and society is the illigal immigration issues.

Another issue is the massive outsourceing these big companies did. So it's very rare that you will see those products made in america.
shr3dd
i am a very strong bush supporter. anyone who has read some of my other posts knows that. but the one thing i cant stand about bush is his "do-nothing" stance on the border. he claims hes tightening it up but he isnt. no politician ever will because they need the hispanic vote.because votes are more important than this countries security. besides is one thing to allow immigration. its another to allow half of a countries population into our country illegally so they can mooch on our hard earned resources and then get the right to vote in california school board elections and get drivers permits. i dont think so guys. i support the minute-man border patrol and i support putting a guard with a minigun on a tower stretched every 50 feet across the mexican/us border. ****** vicente fox, all he does is encourage his people to come to us and then he gets pissed when the us actually wants to do something about OUR ****** border, i dont think so mr. fox. you see the way the border is now has dragged our country deeper in the decline this thread was started about. i also think liberals assist in the decline as the liberals show no real moral standing. their moral standing is whatever their "polls" show is the highest favored moral standing. they stand in whatever position they think will get them the most votes, and thats why they lost. thats why the country will go into social decline when half of its political choice is the epitome of moral decay. i dont think the US will end up quite like rome, because the US isnt seeking out new territory. yes i see the correlation between barbarians and terrorits, they are both low life scum of the earth and need to be slaughtered like they slaughtered our innocent people. i think the US will fall with the rest of the world, like a captain going down with the ship.
knox
Have you read the book Mexifornia? If not i suggest you get a copy its very good.

I agree legal immigration is fine but all this illegal stuff is going to far the funny thing i found about this was that on the website for immigration they say that mexicans do not lower wages. The thing is they don't for your average person but the working poor they do. Also have you heard of AZTLAN that is immigration at its worst.

Quote:
heir moral standing is whatever their "polls" show is the highest favored moral standing. they stand in whatever position they think will get them the most votes,


Exactly the left are ethnicity-obsessed and the right well who could pass up the chance for cheap labour?
hofer
knox wrote:
Quote:
There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


I kind of think of America as the new Rome and has even been described as by an american politicion if i remember correctly. In the end when Rome started to fall it was besieged by barbarians like America correnlty is now with terrorism.

That massive debt they have can't be good either.


The only difference between USA and Rome is 900 years of domination, USA was powerfull during 100 years ando Rome during 1000.
mohamed
if america will every fall it would be because of the growing powers in Asia. Especially india and china. Their economy will be the world largest. Terrorism will only expose and damage the legitimacy and global trust of the US as its normally tied with events of bad foreign policy..
tidruG
India and China (China especially, India has still quite some distance to go) may have a good economy some time in the future... as of now, no one can measure up to the dominance of the Americans... it's going to take a lot for the US to fall...
S3nd K3ys
hofer wrote:
...
The only difference between USA and Rome is 900 years of domination, USA was powerfull during 100 years ando Rome during 1000.



And the fact that Rome was hell bent on taking over the world, and the US is hell bent on liberating it. Rolling Eyes
tidruG
hmmm..... liberating the world....
Donno... after all, the government being set up in Iraq will pretty much do whatever the US wants it to... so the country is being controlled by the US anyway, ain't it?
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
hmmm..... liberating the world....
Donno... after all, the government being set up in Iraq will pretty much do whatever the US wants it to... so the country is being controlled by the US anyway, ain't it?


Um, no. put on your tin foil hat and stay away from DU.

The goal here is to provide them their own government and provide assistance until they're capable of doing it themselves, just like we did with Japan, Germany, Italy, Vietnam, Korea, Kuwait, Afghan etc etc etc.

So if you'll be so kind as to provide at least ONE instance of what you claim, I'll be quiet, otherwise, please stop posting what you seem to know nothing about.
tidruG
yeah, and aren't most of those countries still kissing the great american ass? Rolling Eyes

and i think it's enough with the "agree-that-the-usa-rocks-or-you're-a-humungous-moron" attitude.... though i expected nothing else from you
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
yeah, and aren't most of those countries still kissing the great american ass? Rolling Eyes

and i think it's enough with the "agree-that-the-usa-rocks-or-you're-a-humungous-moron" attitude.... though i expected nothing else from you


Don't get all mad at me because you can't back up the drivel you're trying to spin here.

Just give me some facts that back up what you're saying, or can't you?
tidruG
Man, someone would have to be really thick to want proof after seeing the way things are in Iraq... the government there will probably even stuff its head up its own ass if Bush asks it to... don't you think so?
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
Man, someone would have to be really thick to want proof after seeing the way things are in Iraq... the government there will probably even stuff its head up its own ass if Bush asks it to... don't you think so?


No, I don't think so. In fact, I think it's going to turn around and bite him in the ass. When we're done gettting them back on their feet, they're going to turn on us like several countries have.

It's ok, though, because we know that what we're doing is right. (Although the radical left wing media will not portray it that way)

I can almost imagine what that ****** Hussain would be doing now if we hadn't stepped in. He'd be thru Kuwait, on his way to India then France.

What's really a shame is that when the US doesn't help some country getting it's ass kicked by a dictator, we get criticized. When we DO help them, we get criticized.

Go figure.

Maybe you're right, maybe we SHOULD let you all kill yourselves off. We could just pull our troops back, keep all our resources (metal, technology etc) to ourselves and let you all die off.
Some arab
ok that dont make much sense the only reason why so many countires turned on the US is because how they dealt with them. THey put so much pressure on the governments to do what the US wants to do not what THEY want to do and its always in the intrest of the US not the country they are trying "help". Like in Iraq a huge majority of the people want it to be an Islamic Government. But what do the US do? They make it look like one but its just another puppet democracy and soon it will fail like the US eventually. The fact is that a True Islamic government will flourish as history has shown us. There are no true Islamic Governments in power as of now even though they claim to be. I hate to admit that but its true. I wish Saudi Arabia was a true Islamic government but the US has corrupted it only a bit and its not true so it wont succeed.
S3nd K3ys
Some arab wrote:
THey put so much pressure on the governments to do what the US wants to do not what THEY want to do and its always in the intrest of the US not the country they are trying "help".....


You see the picture, yet you don't see the picture. Putting 'preasure' on them to do what we want is better than 'forcing' them to do it.

Also, the billions and billions the US spends helping other's you'd think they'd be more than willing to go along with some things that aren't too far out there.

I know if someone helped protect me from that idiot across the street, I'd be more than happy to help him any way I could.

Rolling Eyes
LostOverThere
Quote:
Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


Whats wrong with Gays?
tidruG
Well, s3nd k3ys, thanks for not flaming.
But Hussain would in no way have been able to expand that much. For one thing, you're forgetting India does have excellent military facilities (though, definitely, not as good as the US), and we are a Nuclear power, and Saddam never had WMD, which the US government did admit, albeit too late. The part about Hussain killing us off was quite hilarious... you should try your hand at humour too.
But why is the US so obsessed with 'liberating the world'? I can understand the fight against terrorism... but Osama's not from Iraq, nor is any BIG terrorist. And the US hasn't attacked a particular nation, which I refuse to name, even though the whole world knows that they sponsor cross-border terrorism.
Does the US really spend billions and billions supporting other nations...?
Quote:
World trade could be a powerful force for reducing poverty, if poor people could sell their products at a decent price. What is stopping them? The gross injustices of the world trade system. Unfair trade agreements and agricultural subsidies hamper efforts to reduce poverty in poor countries.

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatwedo/issues_we_work_on/trade/background -- check out that link for more, especially the first paragraph, and the brown coloured box to the right of the article.
All the surplus agricultural products in America and the EU are exported to African countries, and they sell for less than the cost of the local products.
Oh, and another thing... applying excessive pressure on another government to do something, is something like 'forcing'... the smaller countries especially will not be able to survive sanctions by the US or other larger political powers.
S3nd K3ys
LostOverThere wrote:
Quote:
Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


Whats wrong with Gays?


What's right with them?
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
Well, s3nd k3ys, thanks for not flaming.
But Hussain would in no way have been able to expand that much....


That's what they said about Hitler when he started his campaign to rule Europe... Hussain had PLENTY of money and resources with very LITTLE resistance. If not for the US stepping in at the beginning, he'd have been in control of almost all the oil in the mid-east by now.

Quote:

But why is the US so obsessed with 'liberating the world'?

Because democracy's thrive, they're good for world economy, good for humanity, and good for the world if we're all going to live together... while dictatorships and communitsts destroy everything I just mentioned.

It's very simple really.

Quote:
I can understand the fight against terrorism... but Osama's not from Iraq, nor is any BIG terrorist. And the US hasn't attacked a particular nation, which I refuse to name, even though the whole world knows that they sponsor cross-border terrorism.


Iraq was chosen for two reasons; one because of Hussain and what he's done to hundreds of thousands OF HIS OWN PEOPLE, what he's done to MILLIONS of Kurds, etc etc, and two, because Iraq is a breeding ground for terrorists. They support training, housing, funding etc of terrorists.

Syria, Iran and a few other countries, IMNSHO, should be next on the list.

(BTW, I'm glad you're asking these good questions, although I get the feeling you expected me not to be able to answer them.)

Quote:

Does the US really spend billions and billions supporting other nations...?


Actually, I misled you about that one... it's actually TRILLIONS if you add up support for natural disasters etc. But yes, it's true.


Quote:
Quote:
The gross injustices of the world trade system. Unfair trade agreements and agricultural subsidies hamper efforts to reduce poverty in poor countries.

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatwedo/issues_we_work_on/trade/background -- check out that link for more, especially the first paragraph, and the brown coloured box to the right of the article.
All the surplus agricultural products in America and the EU are exported to African countries, and they sell for less than the cost of the local products.


Don't blame that on Bush. Blame it on Clinton and other Democrats. That happened before Bush was pres. I haven't done any research on that subject, so I can't argue it either way except to say it wasn't Bush.

Quote:

Oh, and another thing... applying excessive pressure on another government to do something, is something like 'forcing'... the smaller countries especially will not be able to survive sanctions by the US or other larger political powers.


We don't put sanctions on countries unless they're trying to do something stupid, like create offensive nukes or attack helpless countries.

Bottom line: The US is trying (for the most part) to help others. We're not trying to conquer them. Take Iraq; there are about 5% of the population trying to stop the US from liberating them, but the other 95% are very glad and thankful we're there dieing for them. Again, you won't hear that on the main stream media, but you will hear it if you listen to the people, and do even a little bit of research.

I know several people that were in Iraq, and the story they tell is completely the opposite of what I hear on the news from CNN and CBS and ABC and NBC and Fox and AP and Reuters.

It's sad that IF the US loses in Iraq, it won't be because of the terrorsts there fighting against us, it will be the AMERICAN media and AMERICAN left wing radicals that want to see Bush fail, no matter the cost.
tidruG
TO be honest, I asked those questions in the hope that you will answer them, and answer them in such a way that I'll be satisfied, which you did. Now, look... I'm not against America or Bush, in a very general way. I'm just against war, and I'm against anyone thinking that the US is far too superior for any other country. Yes, the US is superior, and it must play the role of 'bigger brother', which it is trying to. But wars and conflicts create controversy...

Anyway, we're all against terrorism. The only reason I got pissed off with you in the beginning was because of your (former) attitude that the US is above and beyond EVERYTHING.
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
TO be honest, I asked those questions in the hope that you will answer them, and answer them in such a way that I'll be satisfied, which you did. Now, look... I'm not against America or Bush, in a very general way. I'm just against war, and I'm against anyone thinking that the US is far too superior for any other country. Yes, the US is superior, and it must play the role of 'bigger brother', which it is trying to. But wars and conflicts create controversy...

Anyway, we're all against terrorism. The only reason I got pissed off with you in the beginning was because of your (former) attitude that the US is above and beyond EVERYTHING.


Thank you. I appreciate it.

Much of my 'attitude' comes from ignorance (or spite, or stupidity) that I have percieved over the years from people that think they know what the US is all about, when in fact they've never been here, or are only going by what they hear from the media wing of the extreme leftists lieberal party, which has NOTHING good to say about Bush, even when it comes to the safety of our own country, or the lives of innocents.

The media was the single reason we "lost" Vietnam, even after great success there, and they will be the single reason if we "lose" in Iraq, or the war on terror.
tidruG
To be honest, I think the war on terror can neither be won nor lost... it'll just be a war that goes on and on...
I don't think we can completely wipe out terror, but I think we could regard the anihilation(sorry for using such a strong word) of the major terrorist camps as something of a victory... but there always will be random acts of violence...
mengshi200
I think USA need to think over relation between he and world(include mankind and natural).
Deckard
The US has been using the same tactic of the hamer ever since the cold war, first one not to go the direction will have a direct threat and execute it.

This has been the result of many years of abuse, discarding countries voicing their opinion to be told they are now granted to the enemy list. It's my way or the highway... very short sighted for a country, at some point your "enemy" have nothing to loose.

Plus Bush and it's administration has made every effort to make political choice for very large company. Outsourcing jobs in country such as Pakistan, India and others. Nothing wrong with those country and maybe it's about time their way of living get improve instead of the US (I'm in the US by the way) getting reach by slaving others.

The downfall is that the middle class is now getting poor because the jobs are just not there, they have to take job in factories or what they previously considered the "poor classe"... making the poor even poorer. This administration is killing this country it's a dangerous decision who has been motivated by looby. Now most big company can make social changes that could not have been happening before. They can tear appart 100 years of history, destroy health, retirement plan and much more.

Company like United Airline are just the begining, the population doesn't understand that they are next. Now they can do it, now they have a case now you will be affected.

This country is being directed by a group of people who have share of army resealer. If not by the president itself his dad (ex president) and vice president.... The only decision made are made by the dolars comming in their pocket rather than looking after the country itself.
S3nd K3ys
Deckard wrote:
...
Plus Bush and it's administration has made every effort to make political choice for very large company. Outsourcing jobs in country such as Pakistan, India and others. Nothing wrong with those country and maybe it's about time their way of living get improve instead of the US (I'm in the US by the way) getting reach by slaving others.
....


Are you on drugs??


So it's Bush's fault for outsourcing? Something we've been doing EVER SINCE CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You're confused, friend. You hate Bush so much you blame things on him that were done BEFORE he was president.


All you're doing with your posts is proving your ignorance and hatred for something you CLEARLY do not understand. You are part of the reason the LIEberals are dying and will soon not be a political power.

Rediculous.
shr3dd
again, and again, s3nd k3ys i must agree with you. Libs are shouting things like "when bush took office the economy was as low as its ever been". okay, so whose fault is that? is it texas' governor who controls the US economy? how could bush be at fault for something that took place before he was even elected? clinton downsized our military, upped welfare funding, and began this outsourcing thing. true it reduces middle class jobs which sucks, but it also lets our people do something else, which bush is helping with by creating jobs, which you libs keep trying to restrain our president and then ask why he isnt doing what you want. for one, were in a war, the economy will not have significant improvements during a war, and two, the democratic party will hold Bush back with all their so called power. they try to stop him from doing anything he wants to do because they are still pissed about the 2000 election. sorry dems, just give up. hey everyone, vote for hillary in 2008 and well all shower ourselves in disgrace.
S3nd K3ys
shr3dd wrote:
...how could bush be at fault for something that took
place before he was even elected?


My point exactally.

Not only is EVERYTHING Bush does wrong, but EVERYTHING EVERY OTHER
PRESIDENT BEFORE HIM has ever done that is wrong is Bush's
fault! *cough*NAFTA*cough*

When will you LIEberals realize that we're not all as stupid as you
want us to be? We're not going to believe everything you say without
researching it for ourselves first, SO STOP LIEING TO US!

Quote:
clinton downsized our military, upped welfare funding, and began
this outsourcing thing.


Doesn't matter WHO did it, it's Bush's fault.

Quote:
which bush is helping with by creating jobs, which you libs keep
trying to restrain our president and then ask why he isnt doing what you
want. for one,


Agreed.

Also, unemployement is very low. Close to or at an all-time low. Yet
LIEberals keep saying it's at an all time high. And that it's Bush's
fault for outsourcing. *cough*Bill Clinton*cough*

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Deckard
Beleive in the lies, I guess it's not as painfull.
shr3dd
yeah, believe the lies and then wrap a turban around your head and find which direction faces Mecca, these lies are being told to hinder the US from doing anything right
Billy Hill
Deckard wrote:
Beleive in the lies, I guess it's not as painfull.


Hi, I'm new.

First of all: WOW!

Second of all, Deckard, I'm afraid it's not S3nd K3ys or Shr3d that are 'believing the lies' as you put it.

These two are correct on almost everything I've read in this thread and the other one similar that was closed, (the one about War, for or against).

I keep seeing people make claims that they refuse to substanciate with fact. Claims that have already been debunked over and over, yet people STILL claim it's true and accuse anyone who thinks differently of being ignorant or stupid or lieing or or or...

Where does it stop? Will you go on your entire life believing the lies that have been told to you? Do you believe Mr. Bush is responsible for things that happened BEFORE he took office? I pity you if you do. And there are those here that believe that way. So sad.

Perhaps the admins here could be so kind as to require links to verify any 'claims' made. Perhaps this will force some of those that are less informed about discussions to do some background checking and prove what they say.

So far, I haven't seen anybody provide facts for anything they claim. If you like, I can provide an abundance of fact to back up what Shr3d and S3nd K3ys are saying.

Sorry for the long post, but I love a good political debate, (so long as it stays civil, and both parties provide proof for the claims they make)

Good day.
S3nd K3ys
Deckard wrote:
Beleive in the lies, I guess it's not as painfull.


Um, yeah. The lies.

Here's the lies, little man, here's the lies...

Bush is responsible for NAFTA (even though it was Clinton who signed it)

Bush is responsible for terrorism (even though it's been going on for decades)

Bush is ruining the US economy (even though it's been getting steadily BETTER since he took office)

Bush is causing an increase in unemployement (even though it's at an all time low)

I could go on and on and on about the LIES, Deckard, I could show you instance after instance that PROVES they are lies, but you will STILL believe it because you are incapable of thinking on your own.

I issue the same challenge to YOU... provide me PROOF of what you say. ANY proof.

Can you?

Seriously, CAN YOU PROVIDE PROOF OR IS IT JUST LIES AND DRIVEL AND TRIPE?

Now, lets talk about Bush's REAL accomplishments, shall we? Get ready, the list is VERY LONG.

Quote:
o Afghanistan: Policy based on achieving democracy through the Bonn process and assistance to constitutional, human rights and judicial commissions; established US-Afghan Women's Council and funded centers to promote women's education, entrepreneurship, and political participation.

o Iraq: After removing oppressive regime, now leading international coalition to assist in Iraq's transition to democracy; established Iraqi Governing Council, representing the diversity of Iraqi society, to help chart course towards drafting, ratifying, and implementing a new constitution; building civil society through grants, workshops, consultations, and technical assistance to a wide range of Iraqi groups; provided over $100 million to date for local governance programs; supported women's conferences; and established Abuse Prevention Unit.

o Middle East Partnership Initiative: Established first initiative to support political reform efforts and economic development, especially for women and youth.

o Middle East Peace: Placed democracy and human rights at the heart of efforts for a two-state solution to the Israeli/Palestinian dispute, demanded reforms in governance of Palestinian Authority.

Africa: The Administration has an unparalleled record of engagement in Africa that incorporates support for democracy, reform, respect for human dignity and peace on the continent. Our achievements include:

o Liberia: Sponsored UN sanctions; engaged with ECOWAS and key regional actors to negotiate peace deal ending civil war that had serious human rights abuses.

o Sudan: Heavily engaged in the peace process to end Africa's longest-running civil war.

o Zimbabwe: Imposed targeted sanctions against President Mugabe,

Zimbabwean Government officials, and their spouses in an effort to protest and stop policies that undermine democratic processes and institutions.

Asia: Our policy is focused on assisting countries on the path towards democratization and long-term reform, and calling attention to those who fall short.

o Burma: Leads international calls for release of Aung San Suu Kyi and for return to inclusive political dialogue to restore democracy; condemns regime for its human rights abuses; strengthened sanctions on the regime for its imprisonment of democracy leaders and extensive human rights abuses.

o China: Moved from defining progress on human rights solely by prisoner releases to also enhancing rule of law, electoral and other developments by increasing funding for programs from $7M in FY02 to $12M in FY03.

o North Korea: Co-sponsored the first UN Commission on Human Rights (UNCHR) resolution on human rights in North Korea to call international attention to abuses; consistently put human rights on the table during multilateral talks among other subjects.

Central Asia: Contact with the region after September 11 focused on war on terror and engagement on human rights practices of countries in the region.

o Democracy and Human Rights Funding after 9/11: Doubled funding for democracy programs in Kyrgyzstan (funded first free printing press) and Turkmenistan; quadrupled funding for democracy programs in Uzbekistan (funded first political party programs) and Tajikistan.

o Human Rights Practices: Sponsored first UNCHR resolution on human rights practices in Belarus and co-sponsored first UNCHR resolution on Turkmenistan; concluded Joint Declarations with Presidents of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan that cite continued progress on democracy and human rights as central to our bilateral relationships.

o Georgia: Appointed James Baker as Presidential Envoy to underscore the need for free and fair parliamentary elections this November. Election results are incoming and we are counting on the Government and people of Georgia to ensure a free and fair outcome.

Western Hemisphere: Commitment to democratic, constitutional governments through the Summit of the America's "Democracy Clause." Strong support for multi-lateral engagement to address democratic crises in Bolivia, Venezuela, and Haiti. Continuing efforts to promote rapid, peaceful democratic transition in Cuba.

o Democracy in the region: Concluded Inter-American Democratic Charter, which defines Western Hemisphere by its commitment to democratic principles.

o Cuba: Launched "Initiative for a New Cuba" challenging regime to undertake political and economic reforms; supported resolution at UNCHR this year.

o Haiti: Member of "Group of Friends" working to help the Haitian people build democratic institutions, supporting OAS efforts to resolve the political crisis.

o Venezuela: Member of OAS Secretary General's "Group of Friends" providing support for efforts to comply with OAS Resolution 833 calling for a peaceful, democratic, constitutional, and electoral solution to the political crisis through the referendum process.

International Institutions: Committed to reforming and rejoining international institutions that support human rights, and promoting new initiatives.

o Commission on Human Rights: Actively engaged in reforming UNCHR to realize its potential through membership and other changes.

o UNESCO: Rejoined organization to promote education and democracy.

o UN General Assembly: On November 6, 2003, U.S.-introduced resolution on Women and Political Participation was passed by the UNGA.

Human Dignity: The Administration has taken special efforts to safeguard the dignity of the individual.

o Cloning: Co-sponsored resolution at the UNGA calling for ban on all forms of human cloning.

o Religious Freedom: Worked with OSCE to hold first meetings on religious freedom, including anti-Semitism in Europe.

o Trafficking in Persons: President announced $50 million to support organizations that rehabilitate women and children who have been trafficked; U.S. efforts have led many governments to improve their own laws and performance.

Programs to Support Democracy and Human Rights: Significantly increased funding levels for Human Rights and Democracy Fund administered by the Department of State.


BTW, I think Billy has a great idea... the admins should require VALIDATION LINKS when people make claims about political issues. This will reduce the amount of lies you guys are trying to spread.
shr3dd
Thank you, Billu, I'm glad me and S3nd K3ys aren't alone. Someone else sees through the left-wing curtain of lies that shrouds the truth. No where in the article S3nd K3ys linked to is the word "oil", and I just got done hearing accusations from a talk radio listener that called in that said Bush is solely in Iraq for oil.

If Bush is in Iraq for oil, why are gas prices so high?

This doesn't even make sense people, if we were after oil, we would have a different strategy. bombing the shit out of them will only make prices go up for gas, unless we planned on stealing it which the moral-based republicans would never even attempt. Spoils of war is something ot think about, I think we should take some oil, but that's my opinion.

Democrats consistently change their rhetoric for a couple of reasons: 1. They choose any stance that they think will get the most votes, sometimes the results of their 'polls' change, then so does their stance. 2. Their lies, as S3nd K3ys said, always get debunked.
LostOverThere
I'm against Bush and, I probably always will be. Razz
S3nd K3ys
LostOverThere wrote:
I'm against Bush and, I probably always will be. Razz


That's fine. But why?

Because the media told you to be? Or did you make your own conclusion? Hell, I didn't vote for him on his first term. But I did on his second term.

If you came to your own conclusion, perhaps you'll explain how you got there. If not, I'll have to assume it's because CNN told you he's bad. Wink
guitarstud101
I hate politics. I personally have lately given up the effort to argue my political opinions, because I think there's really nothing anyone can possibly do. History has proven that societal status follows a cycle in which nations rise for a time, and then invariably fall. Rome, Russia, France, England, Spain, Germany, and many other nations of the past have all passed through this cycle - reaching a golden age of prosperity, shortly followed by a collapse. In my opinion, we can't do anything about the collapse that our country is about to experience (whether it be in the next few decades or in many centuries). What we CAN do however, is reduce the damage that will occur as a result of the collapse. We can learn from the countries of the past in this aspect - a Russian Revolution in America is something that can be avoided if we so choose.
AnGeLicK
Abortion

It's not your body... why should "a man" be able to legislate the rights of the fellow opposite sex? People say that there are better options than abortion. My question is that are we really providing a better quality of life to these children when you grow up either without parents or with parents that resent them being alive. Should we expect a rape victim to carry their rapist's child? I dont' think so.


Gays

i am gay and i am all for gay rights and marriage. nuff said. If ya wanna argue i all for it.


Suicide

I believe in certain instances suicide can be a valid option. If circumstances out of your control that are immutable to change force to take this action I can sympathize. Why can't people living in pain day in and day out be force to live when we put our faithfal friends (dogs) to sleep because we can no longer bear to see them suffer. Why should we force other people to live when they no longer can enjoy there life.


Religion removed from public spaces

where have you been? religion seems to be everywhere


Regarding the downfall of marriage... i don't think blaming gay marriage for the destruction of 1950s nuclear family is the best way to bring about change.... maybe if we got rid of divorces people would think before they act and not get married (Hello Mrs. Spears) at the spur of the moment and realize that marriage should be forever
barcino
Alexandre Deulofeu (1903-1977) has a very interesting theory about the demise of the empires.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandre_Deulofeu[/url]
frozenecko
estyLz wrote:
There's the usual view of practically anything that things aren't as good as they used to be. In the case of the US, the point seems to be the 'glory days' of 1950-1960s, where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was supposedly at its peak.

There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


I hate to say that i totally disagree.

a) if people were totally unallowed to have abortions, what would happen if child birth would cause death to the mother, the impregnation was caused by rape? incestual rape?

b) gays? Don't even get me started. Its such a way of life now. Its rediculous that people would not be accepting of it. Sure, it may NOT be natural (i.e causing impregnation), I'm not gay myself, but I do believe that people have the right to fall in love with whoever they want. It cannot be helped.

c) suicide. While this subject is hard, if someone really feels utter despair (which i have felt and fought through) it seems like NOTHING else is left. Its a sad sad sad world when people have to feel like this... but its been happening for thousands of years.

d) 1950s and 60s were NOT where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was at its peak. Women and People of other cultures still didnt have full rights and, although in todays culture, are still sometimes discriminated (i.e women get an average lower pay then men in the workforce, many older generations still look down on ethnic people), it was much worse then.

e) And as for religion being removed from public places, i say great! Immagine you are a christian. (Probably are) and america was built based off of the hindu religion. How would you feel if your laws were based off of the hindu religion? A bit uncomfortable i'm sure.

Try walking in other peoples shoes.

-hearts-.dani.
tidruG
frozenecko wrote:
estyLz wrote:
There's the usual view of practically anything that things aren't as good as they used to be. In the case of the US, the point seems to be the 'glory days' of 1950-1960s, where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was supposedly at its peak.

There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of questionable moral stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).


I hate to say that i totally disagree.

a) if people were totally unallowed to have abortions, what would happen if child birth would cause death to the mother, the impregnation was caused by rape? incestual rape?

b) gays? Don't even get me started. Its such a way of life now. Its rediculous that people would not be accepting of it. Sure, it may NOT be natural (i.e causing impregnation), I'm not gay myself, but I do believe that people have the right to fall in love with whoever they want. It cannot be helped.

c) suicide. While this subject is hard, if someone really feels utter despair (which i have felt and fought through) it seems like NOTHING else is left. Its a sad sad sad world when people have to feel like this... but its been happening for thousands of years.

d) 1950s and 60s were NOT where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was at its peak. Women and People of other cultures still didnt have full rights and, although in todays culture, are still sometimes discriminated (i.e women get an average lower pay then men in the workforce, many older generations still look down on ethnic people), it was much worse then.

e) And as for religion being removed from public places, i say great! Immagine you are a christian. (Probably are) and america was built based off of the hindu religion. How would you feel if your laws were based off of the hindu religion? A bit uncomfortable i'm sure.

Try walking in other peoples shoes.

-hearts-.dani.


I agree with what you've written... specially about gays and suicide... post a post in this thread: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7691&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0... tis about suicide.
frozenecko
thankyou! I will deffinately do that. Glad to see that SOMEONE on here agrees!
ekingisrael
its absolutly right,but not only to the US but for the whole world-
its so right!-this is the big problem of the entire world!
excessive individualism is the cause for this ugly and mentaly ill conditions.

all this people were at a hospital by now if there wasnt so much crazy people in this world-just because there are too much of them they are not in a mental hospital-they have a brain damage.
Exclamation
frozenecko
might i ask what's wrong with individualism?

I guess i just don't see whats wrong with any of the definitions of it:

Belief in the primary importance of the individual and in the virtues of self-reliance and personal independence.
Acts or an act based on this belief.

A doctrine advocating freedom from government regulation in the pursuit of a person's economic goals.
A doctrine holding that the interests of the individual should take precedence over the interests of the state or social group.

The quality of being an individual; individuality.
An individual characteristic; a quirk.
AnGeLicK
frozenecko wrote:

b) gays? Don't even get me started. Its such a way of life now. Its rediculous that people would not be accepting of it. Sure, it may NOT be natural (i.e causing impregnation)


not to say i totally disagree with all your points but to say that something isn't natural would imply that it doesn't exist in nature.... there have been many reported incidents of gay animals in nature... the only problem is that the zoology field is probably one of the most conservative scientifics fields on the planet and they try their hardest to gloss over such details
SharKay
I am new here and just am trying to get my post that are reguired...I read each post in here because this sparked my interest...I'm not a debator...but I do have thoughts on each topic/subject that was mentioned.

I voted for Bush and am glad I did. I'm not posting in here to bash anyones opinions and I hope no one bashes mine.

I believe strongly against Abortion....there is nothing that can be said that would ever change my mind...I work at a Center where young girl ages 10 and up come in wanting abortions, because of various reasons....we are there to counsel them to show them the out come of an abortion medically and emotionly...We take into consideration how the pregnancy came about also. I feel strongly about this issue because I was 15 pregnant and asked to give up my child...

Homosexuality....I have strong views about....because I have a nephew who considered himself to be gay....He knew my views on this and that I didn't and counldn't support him in it....but I did not tell him I wanted nothing to do wiht him....I feel it is immoral...that is my opinion because I believe what the Bible says....I could debate the issue...but for me God's word is not debatable....but I would have to let them know where I stand...

I think our country is morally declining...Everyone wants to strongly give their opinions and views on subjects...my only confusion is why is it ok for some to give their views ( those that favor these issues ) while those that don't aggree with these issues are put down for their beliefs and views.
Actually I'm not totally confused I do know somewhat of the reason...but then again that thought would be unwelcomed by some...

I feel it is wrong to keep prayer out of school...or at least allow those whom want to pray have a desinated area to do so...those that believe in satanic worship ( and other forms of religion ) are not told they can not promote it...it is in books in the Library...on shirts..ect....Those that want all forms of Christianty taken out of our society...are doing nothing more than promoting there religious vews...because it is offensive to them....why does it offend them so much...so much they want it totally removed...so as not to see it....
frozenecko
AnGeLicK wrote:
frozenecko wrote:

b) gays? Don't even get me started. Its such a way of life now. Its rediculous that people would not be accepting of it. Sure, it may NOT be natural (i.e causing impregnation)


not to say i totally disagree with all your points but to say that something isn't natural would imply that it doesn't exist in nature.... there have been many reported incidents of gay animals in nature... the only problem is that the zoology field is probably one of the most conservative scientifics fields on the planet and they try their hardest to gloss over such details


i only meant that it doesnt cause child birth, so in the eyes of some, may be un-natural, sorry for my poor phrasing! Smile
frozenecko
SharKay wrote:

I feel it is wrong to keep prayer out of school...or at least allow those whom want to pray have a desinated area to do so...those that believe in satanic worship ( and other forms of religion ) are not told they can not promote it...it is in books in the Library...on shirts..ect....Those that want all forms of Christianty taken out of our society...are doing nothing more than promoting there religious vews...because it is offensive to them....why does it offend them so much...so much they want it totally removed...so as not to see it....


although i am not religious, I do agree that people need a place of prayer if they would like it. I didn't see where you were from, but in my school prayer was allowed. We could pray silently at our desks, or every wednesday there was a group of kids that prayed outside around the flagpole, allowed by the school, and there were also various different religious after school groups. Perhaps, in your area, if this is a concern, you could bring up the possibilities! Smile oppotunities are equal. Though there aren't many satanists running around promoting, lol, there are christians, buddhists, and hindus. NONE of them are allowed to throw their religious litterature in people's face and scream Buddah Loves you! Jesus Saves! But they are ALL allowed to wear their t-shirts and talk about it in a non-pushing manner. They can also leave pamphlets on cars, and hold pre-organized meetings. This is true for all of the schools in my district. (District 11, MN)
AnGeLicK
SharKay wrote:

Homosexuality....I have strong views about....because I have a nephew who considered himself to be gay....He knew my views on this and that I didn't and counldn't support him in it....but I did not tell him I wanted nothing to do wiht him....I feel it is immoral...that is my opinion because I believe what the Bible says....I could debate the issue...but for me God's word is not debatable....but I would have to let them know where I stand...


I am glad that you are educated enough to let a book do your thinking for you. Last time I checked the Bible is not the Word of God but the words of men inspired by God. Therefore the book is imperfect and flawed. The only thing God wrote was the Ten Commandments and I don't see homosexuality anywhere on it. In addition, Leviticus also mentions the sins of eating pork and dictates the proper behavior in regards to keeping slaves. If these dictums are considered antiquated why not everything else. Also if you take it as being literal does that mean lesbianism is OK and men having bestiality is alright as well because those things are specifically prohibited. I guess evolution is out the window as well? I thought the reason the New Testament was added to Bible was to show that God is now a "loving" God instead of the "fire and brimstone" God that is portrayed in Old Testament.

SharKay wrote:

I feel it is wrong to keep prayer out of school...or at least allow those whom want to pray have a desinated area to do so...those that believe in satanic worship ( and other forms of religion ) are not told they can not promote it...it is in books in the Library...on shirts..ect....Those that want all forms of Christianty taken out of our society...are doing nothing more than promoting there religious vews...because it is offensive to them....why does it offend them so much...so much they want it totally removed...so as not to see it....


Religion should be kept out of school, at least in sponsored activities. No one said a student couldn't pray for themselves. When people say prayer in schools it means that an adult at the school is leading a group of students in prayer. This intentionally excludes students that do not believe in the same Gods that you do. It goes along similar lines with trying to introduce Creationism in school as a viable alternative to Darwinism. Last time I checked since when was religious propaganda a substition for proven scientific fact? I believe that is promoting fundamentalist Christian views. And that offends me because I wouldn't want to learn about something as baseless as believe that the world was created in 7 days and that the planet Earth is geocentric. In addition I don't believe that students at such a young age can necessarily distinguish between what they truly believe and what they were taught to believe. I don't think some people can separate them even as adults.

BTW I do believe in God. I just don't believe in a God that would willing exclude any of his children--even though other people on this planet are ignorant and can't think for themselves and would instead let some men from way back when do their thinking for them.
frozenecko
i really tried to capture what you just said. but i must applaud you on your excellent portayal!
Dragonfly
AnGeLicK wrote:
Last time I checked the Bible is not the Word of God but the words of men inspired by God. Therefore the book is imperfect and flawed.


If you want to go your way who stops you my friend? Be gay and be happy. Bible is not a flawed book for sure... There is life in it... if you believe you will go to Heaven for sure... Your faithless talk is disappointing... Christians are too much tolerate that others just attack as they like... if they do to Muslim brothers we all know where those guys end up...

AnGeLicK wrote:
The only thing God wrote was the Ten Commandments and I don't see homosexuality anywhere on it.


All I can say is that your faith is rather flawed if you don't believer other passages other than Ten commandments only...

You have read only Ten commandments, keep reading Romans, Corinthians and others from NT.
Quote:
9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders - 1 Cor.6:9 [NIV] - From Biblegateway http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=53&chapter=6&verse=9&version=31&context=verse


I do support gay rights as a human being but I feel disappointed when they talk about religion and specially Holy Bible..
Dragonfly
S3nd K3ys wrote:
..... ................. ....................... ..................... .............. ............. . ....... .........
Bottom line: The US is trying (for the most part) to help others. We're not trying to conquer them. Take Iraq; there are about 5% of the population trying to stop the US from liberating them, but the other 95% are very glad and thankful we're there dieing for them. Again, you won't hear that on the main stream media, but you will hear it if you listen to the people, and do even a little bit of research.

I know several people that were in Iraq, and the story they tell is completely the opposite of what I hear on the news from CNN and CBS and ABC and NBC and Fox and AP and Reuters.

It's sad that IF the US loses in Iraq, it won't be because of the terrorsts there fighting against us, it will be the AMERICAN media and AMERICAN left wing radicals that want to see Bush fail, no matter the cost.


Very factual and I totally agree. (I cannot quote the whole thing... it goes about as many dots... except the bottom line)
tidruG
Dragonfly, I want you to know that I am not attacking your opinions or your writing, and I DO NOT WANT this thread to end up in flaming, especially flaming involving me.

The Bible, as far as I know, supports the Geo-Centric theory. This is a flaw. Very Happy Now, I don't have anything against The Bible or Christians at all. I was just thinking of this when you posted that the Bible is flawless. All holy scriptures of all religions, as far as I know (I'm not sure about the Holy Quran however... can someone tell me about this?), were written by mortal men. So, they do have potential for being flawed. Don't take this personally please. It's just something I was thinking while reading your posts.
Devil
I was not going to post here , but i had too


1: please dont include religion in ur discussions , it will destroy the forum

2:america's future is not based on the topic u people brought up ,like gay,abortion ,sucide etc.......


the thing american should be worried about is the quality of thier education , nowadays , americans dont choose to be doc or enig .

there is a lack of workforce , that brings in forieng workers , which take the money out of america .

@tidrug Quran issame like the bible , all the same things written in it ,

they still follow the rules set by moses , abrahams first son was ismial ,

although no books are written by gods , billions of people beleave in them ,and thats what makes it special ,

where i see it , every human being should be respected and treated as equal ,no matter what religion they belong to , even gays



Someone wrote above hindu religion laws in america .

i want to ask that fellow what is hindu law ? can he name a hindu country in this world .

even in india there is no hindu law , the law is the same for everyone , although india allows other religions to have thier laws regarding marriages and stuff ,even divorces .

and where i see america's law doesnt upset anyother religion ,


For all you people , why dont u try to live in a muslim country , and then u will know how lucky ur in america ,

currently where i live , it is a muslim country , it is not that i dont like them . but there is no freedom of speech here , our church is a like residence building , we cant talk about our religion in public , sales or religious books other then islam is prohibited ,


the worst of all ,no dating Embarassed think i am here for 7 years and no girlfreinds . but still i dont complain , since i came here for a better living and i have to respect the laws of the country which i work ,
Dragonfly
tidrug wrote:
Dragonfly, I want you to know that I am not attacking your opinions or your writing, and I DO NOT WANT this thread to end up in flaming, especially flaming involving me.

The Bible, as far as I know, supports the Geo-Centric theory. This is a flaw. Very Happy Now, I don't have anything against The Bible or Christians at all. I was just thinking of this when you posted that the Bible is flawless. All holy scriptures of all religions, as far as I know (I'm not sure about the Holy Quran however... can someone tell me about this?), were written by mortal men. So, they do have potential for being flawed. Don't take this personally please. It's just something I was thinking while reading your posts.


It is not whether God himself wrote it or not, tidrug, those who have faith believes in what the people of God wrote down being INSPIRED by the Spirit of God himself... and to belief in this is what we called faith.

And what is your point in saying that if Bible supports Geo-centric theory, and is flawed? I can try my best in answering you this as well. Since it will divert the main discussion, if you have any particular question I'll be happy to respond you in PM.

Let's focus on the topic started by this thread. Especially topic of religion will bring more division and conflict here. And I don't believe in attacking any faith. Its their choice.....
SharKay
I wonder why some feel they have a right to express themselves and their views and then end it in saying ..." Enough Said.."

I gave my views and my thoughts...just as well as others...if I hit a sore spot...so be it...I gave my views, on the down fall, as I believe it to be...that is my right as well as others have their rights....

If I can't share in here who and what I am and stand for...In a manner that I know how to be...(a mature adult)...not condeming anyone for who they are... just as others...( Shareing )....then I guess here is not where I am suppsed to be...

It's not my job to condem...It's my job to express who and what I stand for...because I believe in what and who I am...Just as the rest of you do...

If those statments keep me from getting my...FriHost Approval then so be it
tidruG
Oops. OK, I apologize for bringing Religion into this forum. Though I had somewhat anticipated this might happen, I hoped it wouldn't.

Dragonfly, like I said, I have nothing against the Bible or any other holy books or any religion, caste, creed, colour, race, etc etc. To me, all humans are equal. (Personally, I think animals should be treated like equals too... of course, that doesn't mean we don't eat them. A lion east other animals by nature, so why shouldn't we?) I am not going to argue with you about the Bible nor argue with anyone about religion because to me your religion is as good as mine, and everyone has the right of choice over his/her religion, and as long as someone is not trying to force his religion onto me, I won't have a problem with him/her.

Sharkay, please post your views as you see them. This is a forum, and this is what's it's meant for. For expressing your views and debating in a constructive manner. If you find people attacking your views in a manner that's highly offensive, please report it to the Moderators/Administrators.
Dragonfly
Devil wrote:
I was not going to post here , but i had too


1: please dont include religion in ur discussions , it will destroy the forum

2:america's future is not based on the topic u people brought up ,like gay,abortion ,sucide etc.......


the thing american should be worried about is the quality of thier education , nowadays , americans dont choose to be doc or enig .

there is a lack of workforce , that brings in forieng workers , which take the money out of america .

@tidrug Quran issame like the bible , all the same things written in it ,

they still follow the rules set by moses , abrahams first son was ismial ,

although no books are written by gods , billions of people beleave in them ,and thats what makes it special ,

where i see it , every human being should be respected and treated as equal ,no matter what religion they belong to , even gays



Someone wrote above hindu religion laws in america .

i want to ask that fellow what is hindu law ? can he name a hindu country in this world .

even in india there is no hindu law , the law is the same for everyone , although india allows other religions to have thier laws regarding marriages and stuff ,even divorces .

and where i see america's law doesnt upset anyother religion ,


For all you people , why dont u try to live in a muslim country , and then u will know how lucky ur in america ,

currently where i live , it is a muslim country , it is not that i dont like them . but there is no freedom of speech here , our church is a like residence building , we cant talk about our religion in public , sales or religious books other then islam is prohibited ,


the worst of all ,no dating Embarassed think i am here for 7 years and no girlfreinds . but still i dont complain , since i came here for a better living and i have to respect the laws of the country which i work ,


A very impressive post. Keep 'em coming...
mOrpheuS
Quote:
And as for religion being removed from public places, i say great! Immagine you are a christian. (Probably are) and america was built based off of the hindu religion. How would you feel if your laws were based off of the hindu religion? A bit uncomfortable i'm sure.

The only place where Hinduism exists as a majority, the place that you can possibly refer to as "Hindu dominated", is secular. As secular as the USA itself.
The right to practise any religion is granted and protected by the constitution, which happens to be the foundation of this country, rather than some religious belief.

India has a Muslim president and a Sikh prime minister.
and not because they hold grounds in a particular religion, but because they are chosen by the people (most of them, Hindus) for their merits.
The president is a former rocket scientist - http://presidentofindia.nic.in/scripts/presidentprofile.jsp
And the prime minister is... well ... just google for "Most qualified Prime Minister in the world"
http://www.indianembassy.org/press_release/2005/July/PM.htm

And there's no such thing as "Laws based off of the Hindu religion"
I don't know why, and am really surprised to know that American people hold such a view of the Hindu religion. It's really sad to know.
I believe it's because there's no need felt to educate/know about the "lesser" third world.

p.s. - I'm not a Hindu. (I don't believe in any religion)
Wink
Devil
mOrpheuS wrote:
Quote:
And as for religion being removed from public places, i say great! Immagine you are a christian. (Probably are) and america was built based off of the hindu religion. How would you feel if your laws were based off of the hindu religion? A bit uncomfortable i'm sure.

The only place where Hinduism exists as a majority, the place that you can possibly refer to as "Hindu dominated", is secular. As secular as the USA itself.
The right to practise any religion is granted and protected by the constitution, which happens to be the foundation of this country, rather than some religious belief.

India has a Muslim president and a Sikh prime minister.
and not because they hold grounds in a particular religion, but because they are chosen by the people (most of them, Hindus) for their merits.
The president is a former rocket scientist - http://presidentofindia.nic.in/scripts/presidentprofile.jsp
And the prime minister is... well ... just google for "Most qualified Prime Minister in the world"
http://www.indianembassy.org/press_release/2005/July/PM.htm

And there's no such thing as "Laws based off of the Hindu religion"
I don't know why, and am really surprised to know that American people hold such a view of the Hindu religion. It's really sad to know.
I believe it's because there's no need felt to educate/know about the "lesser" third world.

p.s. - I'm not a Hindu. (I don't believe in any religion)
Wink


There is only one country which is truly a hindu country , which laws are based on hinduism and that is Nepal

And Mate whom u calling a third world country Confused

India is not a third world country anymore , Twisted Evil
i agree india is still young only 58 years old ,

but u have to see how much progress we have made , we are not like africa , where they live on donations from other country ,

india's have worked hard to build this country , and they deserve to be called the future super power in the world
tidruG
I don't think he meant India is a third-world country. He wrote it in general, that Americans don't really feel the need to care or find out about countries they believe to be "third world countries" Brick wall

BTW, India's got the 3rd or 4th largest economy, the largest population and is a responsible Nuclear Power. So, I agree... we're not a third-world country. Cheers. BTW, we're drfiting from the topic. Exclamation
Devil
yes lets get bck to topic ,

the main problem in america is that most of the people buy things on credit , and it takes a life time for them to payback ,
so no savings =bad future
mOrpheuS
Devil wrote:
There is only one country which is truly a hindu country , which laws are based on hinduism and that is Nepal

And Mate whom u calling a third world country Confused

India is not a third world country anymore , Twisted Evil
i agree india is still young only 58 years old ,

but u have to see how much progress we have made , we are not like africa , where they live on donations from other country ,

india's have worked hard to build this country , and they deserve to be called the future super power in the world

Nepal might be a "Hindu Kingdom" as declared in its constitution, but yet this constitution also clearly aims to promote the harmonious coexistence of different cultures.

Quotes, straight from the constitution -
Quote:
"The State shall, while maintaining the cultural diversity of the country, pursue a policy of strengthening the national unity by promoting healthy and cordial social relations amongst the various religions, castes, tribes, communities and linguistic groups, and by helping in the promotion of their languages, literatures, scripts, arts and cultures." (26.2)

and
Quote:
"Every person shall have the freedom to profess and practise his own religion as handed down to him from ancient times having due regard to traditional practices;"


some believe that the "Hindu" part of the "Hindu Kingdom" was cleverly added to gain empathy from the Hindu majority of neighbouring India.
http://www.south-asia.com/himal/May/howhindu.htm

and there was a quotation mark in the reference to the third world, in case you missed it Wink

and yes...we are drifting too far now.
so some thoughts about American society, and it's "downfall".

I for one will not like to think of most of these "changes", if you will, as downfall.
The ideologies that founded America have worked well for so long, there's not enough reason to think that they won't in the future.

I'm not very up-to-date on American economy and its trends, so I won't comment on that.
But debating on things (abortion, homosexuality, suicide, religion removed from public spaces) is not a bad thing in my opinion. It's necessary and perhaps even overdue.

But the disappearance of the American family (and the apparent lack of commitment and responsiblity) in the modern America is definitely reason for concern.
Devil
mOrpheuS wrote:
Devil wrote:
There is only one country which is truly a hindu country , which laws are based on hinduism and that is Nepal

And Mate whom u calling a third world country Confused

India is not a third world country anymore , Twisted Evil
i agree india is still young only 58 years old ,

but u have to see how much progress we have made , we are not like africa , where they live on donations from other country ,

india's have worked hard to build this country , and they deserve to be called the future super power in the world

Nepal might be a "Hindu Kingdom" as declared in its constitution, but yet this constitution also clearly aims to promote the harmonious coexistence of different cultures.

Quotes, straight from the constitution -
Quote:
"The State shall, while maintaining the cultural diversity of the country, pursue a policy of strengthening the national unity by promoting healthy and cordial social relations amongst the various religions, castes, tribes, communities and linguistic groups, and by helping in the promotion of their languages, literatures, scripts, arts and cultures." (26.2)

and
Quote:
"Every person shall have the freedom to profess and practise his own religion as handed down to him from ancient times having due regard to traditional practices;"


some believe that the "Hindu" part of the "Hindu Kingdom" was cleverly added to gain empathy from the Hindu majority of neighbouring India.
http://www.south-asia.com/himal/May/howhindu.htm

and there was a quotation mark in the reference to the third world, in case you missed it Wink

and yes...we are drifting too far now.
so some thoughts about American society, and it's "downfall".

I for one will not like to think of most of these "changes", if you will, as downfall.
The ideologies that founded America have worked well for so long, there's not enough reason to think that they won't in the future.

I'm not very up-to-date on American economy and its trends, so I won't comment on that.
But debating on things (abortion, homosexuality, suicide, religion removed from public spaces) is not a bad thing in my opinion. It's necessary and perhaps even overdue.

But the disappearance of the American family (and the apparent lack of commitment and responsiblity) in the modern America is definitely reason for concern.


i only said that nepal was the only country whose constitution is based on hinduism , and yes all other religions and culture are welcomed there ,

On america,

all these issues (abortion, homosexuality, suicide, religion) are only politically motivated , and has no direct links with the economic ,

i agree there is a threat of the american family , the divorce rates are high , but the basic education system is not good enough now ,

last time i read a article , where 2 students working on a project , one from china and one from usa, and the chinese student introduced the american one to skype Confused

so now american is getting complacent , cuz they are only competing against themselves ,cuz they are already the worlds no1 country ,

instead of discussing abortion, homosexuality, suicide, religion
why not put light on drugs , which disable the younger generation to think right , encourage people to take up skilled work ,
benz
I've often heard it said that the United States took over from Britain as the dominant power in the world. In the 20s the British Empire contained 25% of the world's population and a third of the world's land area. By the second world war the dominions had started to exert their independent nationhood. After learning that Japan was in the process of surrendering, the United States took the opportunity to illustrate its military strength with the two most violent acts of terrorism the world has known. In doing so it cemented its status as the world's new military superpower.

So you could say that Britain was the world's superpower from Waterloo in 1815 to the end of World War II in 1945, 130 years. It's reasonable to give the United States until 2075. That's more than enough time for Europe to gain a federal government structure, or for China or India to industrialise sufficiently to dwarf the United States. Or possibly even for a Empire of Islam to rise up in the Middle East.

There are plenty of contenders and the world moves quickly.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Britain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_France
tidruG
benz wrote:
I've often heard it said that the United States took over from Britain as the dominant power in the world. In the 20s the British Empire contained 25% of the world's population and a third of the world's land area. By the second world war the dominions had started to exert their independent nationhood. After learning that Japan was in the process of surrendering, the United States took the opportunity to illustrate its military strength with the two most violent acts of terrorism the world has known. In doing so it cemented its status as the world's new military superpower.

So you could say that Britain was the world's superpower from Waterloo in 1815 to the end of World War II in 1945, 130 years. It's reasonable to give the United States until 2075. That's more than enough time for Europe to gain a federal government structure, or for China or India to industrialise sufficiently to dwarf the United States. Or possibly even for a Empire of Islam to rise up in the Middle East.

There are plenty of contenders and the world moves quickly.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Britain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_France


This is a very interesting post... one of the better ones I've read recently (and I read most of the posts here, since it's my job)... Nice post. BTW, Welsome to Frihost... you didn't post in the introductions forum, so...
gonzo
estyLz wrote:
There's the usual view of practically anything that things aren't as good as they used to be. In the case of the US, the point seems to be the 'glory days' of 1950-1960s, where the cultural/ethical/moral well-being of the US was supposedly at its peak.

There are criticisms now that the US is suffering from excessive individualism and self-indulgence... Resulting in things like the downfall of the family, the introduction of [Amoral] stances (abortion, gays, suicide, religion removed from public spaces).



ding ding you win a prize. Properly the source of it all is: liberalism


http://LiberalismIsASin.com
huan9
US'S prosperity has continued the very long time, the deterioration is inevitable, from the present world form looked also is this
busman
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Deckard wrote:
...
Plus Bush and it's administration has made every effort to make political choice for very large company. Outsourcing jobs in country such as Pakistan, India and others. Nothing wrong with those country and maybe it's about time their way of living get improve instead of the US (I'm in the US by the way) getting reach by slaving others.
....


Are you on drugs??


So it's Bush's fault for outsourcing? Something we've been doing EVER SINCE CLINTON WAS PRESIDENT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You're confused, friend. You hate Bush so much you blame things on him that were done BEFORE he was president.


All you're doing with your posts is proving your ignorance and hatred for something you CLEARLY do not understand. You are part of the reason the LIEberals are dying and will soon not be a political power.

Rediculous.


We have been outsourcing FAR before Clinton was president S3nd K3ys for you to postulate that is RIDICULOUS. And secondly the "Food as a Weapon" policy has been around since Henry Kissinger as in fact he came up with the doctrine. Republicans ARE just as bad as the Dems whether you'd like to believe it or not and you never acknowledge that fact. You are in denial just as many Dem's are, that while the "Ideals" of each party are sound, even when combined; the fact is neither party lives by these ideals, and as for your comment about gays i'd like you to rethink that considering this is what straight people do;
Quote:
COME OUT AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA!

Did You Know?





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Students who describe themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered are five times more likely to miss school because of feeling unsafe. 28% are forced to drop out. --National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, "Anti-Gay/Lesbian Victimization," New York, 1984.

•The vast majority of victims of anti-lesbian/gay violence - possibly more than 80% - never report the incident, often due to fear of being "outed." --New York Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project Annual Report, 1996.

•85% of teachers oppose integrating lesbian, gay and bisexual themes in their curricula. --"Making Schools Safe for Gay and Lesbian Youth: Report of the Massachusetts Governor's Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth," 1993.

Due to sexual orientation discrimination, lesbians earn up to 14% less than their heterosexual female peers with similar jobs, education, age and residence, according to a study by the University of Maryland. --Badgett, M.V. Lee, "The Wage Effects of Sexual Orientation Discrimination," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, July 1995.

•42% of homeless youth identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual. --Orion Center, Survey of Street Youth, Seattle, WA: Orion Center, 1986.

[size=18]•More than 84% of Americans oppose employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. --Survey Conducted by Newsweek, January 1997.

[color=blue]
•75% of people committing hate crimes are under age 30 - one in three are under 18 - and some of the most pervasive anti-gay violence occurs in schools. --New York Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Report, 1996.


•Lesbian, gay and bisexual youth are at a four times higher risk for suicide than their straight peers. --Gibson P., LCSW, "Gay Male and Lesbian Youth Suicide," Report of the Secretary's Task Force on Youth Suicide, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1989.

•A survey of 191 employers revealed that 18% would fire, 27% would refuse to hire and 26% would refuse to promote a person they perceived to be lesbian, gay or bisexual. --Schatz and O'Hanlan, "Anti-Gay Discrimination in Medicine: Results of a National Survey of Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Physicians," San Francisco, 1994.

National Organization for Women, 733 15th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20005, (202) 628-8669



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



NOW Home Page / Join NOW / Catalog / Search / Send mail to NOW

http://www.now.org/issues/lgbi/stats.html

Now tell me again: What is right about heterosexuals?

You consitently bash gays and consistenly bash liberals although i have a very hefty inkling you are not truely close to any homosexuals and have no inkling what the word liberal truely means or the entomology of the word. Before you choose to speak about issues you so obviously know so little about i would ask that you hasten to do some research before looking like a Right-Wing Fox News bot bigot.
Hence i said "look like" not that you are, but considering your hefty posts and the content of your posts 85% of the time i would believe you to only be espousing the views of the far right in the USA which is just as predjiduced as any person espousing the views of the Far left
mengshi200
Indeed,US is leaving the way of bible.
mengshi200
Also i like bush,hating obama,bush is moral sensed president.Obama should be fall from power so that US and World may be rescued.
shr3dd wrote:
i am a very strong bush supporter. anyone who has read some of my other posts knows that. but the one thing i cant stand about bush is his "do-nothing" stance on the border. he claims hes tightening it up but he isnt. no politician ever will because they need the hispanic vote.because votes are more important than this countries security. besides is one thing to allow immigration. its another to allow half of a countries population into our country illegally so they can mooch on our hard earned resources and then get the right to vote in california school board elections and get drivers permits. i dont think so guys. i support the minute-man border patrol and i support putting a guard with a minigun on a tower stretched every 50 feet across the mexican/us border. ****** vicente fox, all he does is encourage his people to come to us and then he gets pissed when the us actually wants to do something about OUR ****** border, i dont think so mr. fox. you see the way the border is now has dragged our country deeper in the decline this thread was started about. i also think liberals assist in the decline as the liberals show no real moral standing. their moral standing is whatever their "polls" show is the highest favored moral standing. they stand in whatever position they think will get them the most votes, and thats why they lost. thats why the country will go into social decline when half of its political choice is the epitome of moral decay. i dont think the US will end up quite like rome, because the US isnt seeking out new territory. yes i see the correlation between barbarians and terrorits, they are both low life scum of the earth and need to be slaughtered like they slaughtered our innocent people. i think the US will fall with the rest of the world, like a captain going down with the ship.
ocalhoun
busman wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
...

Now tell me again: What is right about heterosexuals?

You're arguing with someone who hasn't been seen around here for years.
Related topics
Castro: U.S. hasn't responded to Katrina offer
disguised as freedom
The exploition of children by the ACLU
[OFFICIAL] Favourite Author
Treason?
Projects VS Exams
Simpsons better known than First Ammendment
Homosexuality, is it biologically natural?
Does Money makes man happy?
the 9/11 truth
Atheism is not scientific.
Bomb Threat
I want to get married to my 8 yr old daughter....
What is more important, education or war?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.