FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Partitioning HD

Tony The Tiger
I have attempted to reformat my hard drive into two partitions. I can see the hard drive as 2 drives in My Computer. However, it defaulted to placing My Documents in the system drive. How do I rectify this?
badai
here the KB article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147
myrevolt
TweakUI link is also quite useful. Go to TweakUI>My Computer>Special Folders and you can change the location of other folders too such as My Music and My Pictures. I have made several partitions, for instance My Music is now M:\ (actually its /dev/hda22 before I get dinged by a linux user) My Pictures P:\ etc. you can customize Windows XP to your liking Very Happy. Also this (both niranvv's and my methods work) may come in handy.
Kelvin
Isn't it easier to just right click on the My Documents folder and then change the target/destination to your other drive e.g. Drive D:\My Documents

I always do this to avoid losing files when I reformat Drive C. However if you are looking to move My Documents over to the other drive without further traces of it in the system drive... then I guess badai's link has the full story. Din't read it though.