FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Dreamweaver version do you use?

jay84h
I currently have Dreamweaver MX 2004, that I have not installed as of yet. Anyone use a specific version of Dreamweaver, or the newest version to date? Any recommendations would be nice to post as well.
WickedGravity
I use Dreamweaver 8.02. The patches are rather insignificant except that they finally fix the bug where your website FTP password was not saved if you synchronized your sites. Annoying little bugger that.
umeshtangnu
i use dreamweaver 8.0 its html output is supported by all browsers
Kelvin
i'm using Dreamweaver 8. I like the feel and touch of this one. Very Happy
ahamed
Still I'm on Dreamweaver 4.0. And I'm satisfied with this and doesn't have any intension to change.
cheeta
I dont use it... lol...

for me Notepad++ does the job for coding and PhotoShot for the grfx editing... Very Happy
neji
I'm using Dreamweaver 8(.0.2). It's just great! Wink
ltwomba
I'm using 8.0.2 too... Looking forward to seeing what Adobe's version will look like.
Josso
8 seems nice, I used it on trial for a while but I still have MX studio from 2004.
soulman
Dreamweaver 8, but I don't know it's features for I design my site by only code...
Seiji
We've started using Dreamweaver 8 in class. We were working from notepad all the time so I'm still not use to it.
neoon
Am using the newest version i just got it. havnt learned the program really but am on my way. just reading the help files Shocked and then am
a pro website builder
manumiglani
I use Dreamweaver MX 2004
roboguyspacedude
I use dreamweaver 8. I like how it does the uploading in the background so I can get back to coding while it's uploading.
kiranaghor
I have Dreamweaver 8.0.2 on my mac. But its there only. Since the day I started using Textmate, I rarely opened Dreamweaver.
Handyman
I use Dreamweaver MX 2004. It works fine for me. Recently I have started using just Photoshop and CSS Edit.
lerian
I also use Dreamweaver MX 2004. Actually I don't use it much, since I prefer using ready made CMS for my websites. Smile
sush
Dreamweaver 8. I use Wordpress, so don't need to design a lot of pages, but I need dreamweaver for creating themes and layouts for WP.
getgag
I don't use Dreamweaver.
a simple HTML text editor is good for me. Laughing
Aimewitue
i use dreamweaver mx
Danielbeech
I use dreamweaver 8 Very Happy it's what i use at school so it makes it easier
the6thfactor
DW8. Thought MX2004 was fine for me, I always prefer a newer version Razz
orcaz
I use Dreamweaver 8.0.2, as Microsoft no longer bundles "Frontpage" software to the new office 2007 suite. However, the only thing I dun like abt Dreamweaver is that it takes up lots of memory and takes a long time to startup.
mony
Dreamweaver 8.0.2 is a good try to use it
GProject
I used to own Dreamweaver MX, but made the move to Dreamweaver 8 recently having seen some of the new features on the Adobe site. I know that a lot of notepad coders hate dreamweaver because it produces 'messy' or 'bloated' code. The thing is, I don't know how to code websites properly, so for me being able to create a good looking & functional site is more important that what's happening 'behind the scenes'.

I actually think that Dreamweaver is an amazing tool. It's advanced, without being difficult to use - which is a huge bonus when you haven't got long to dedicate to creating your website.
oleszka
Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0.2
Before I used MX and was not sure if I need to begin to use the last version. But now I don't regret that I did it.
orno
used 8 at first and then mx 2004...
now im using nvu Smile
Shake
I use Dreamweaver DNEE (does not exist edition) 2007.
Don't use Dreamweaver, it sucks. I would never use it.
Learn to code your stuff by hand. Use a basic text editor.

It's all you need. That's what I use. Notepad for the win.

Or in some cases I will fire up Arachnophilia for code highlighting.
Old program, I know, but it gets the job done and is fairly compact+quiet.
Talk2Tom11
I am currently using Dreamweaver 8. I am very excited to see what Adobe had done with the application since they have acquired it. I will be using Dreamweaver CS3 in the near future when it is finally released.
orcaz
orno wrote:
used 8 at first and then mx 2004...
now im using nvu Smile

NVU rox! I juz changed to it as I din't really like Dreamweaver for its high memory usage.
fadirocks
I barely use Dreamweaver 8
mostly use notepad and if doesn't open right i use wordpad!
dedicatedtolkien
Personally, I would try to avoid Dreamweaver if at all possible. It encourages poor code generation, and a total lack of readability in code. Basically, once you've done anything inside the program, your stuck doing everything else there as well, since it's almost impossible to read the code it generates. I personally would recommend something like quanta plus, or NVU.
budazz
cheeta wrote:
I dont use it... lol...

for me Notepad++ does the job for coding and PhotoShot for the grfx editing... Very Happy

just dont reply.......

me i used dreamweaver 8.0.2 with patches........great tool for web authoring Smile
dude_xyx
I use Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 and i think its the best tool in trade. it supports both design and coding so i use it for my php coding too. and its CSS support is great too.
costelino
yes .... the latest .... the best .... the only ....and only one : ADOBE DREAMWEAVER CS 3....
GREAT JOB GUYS!!!
xorcist
I use Dreamweaver 8 I have not have any problems since I switched to it. I like how you have a split coding and Design view its good to see exactly what you are putting in and if you have any mistakes.
©Wolfie
I've bought CS3 Dreamweaver, one of the best made programs ever!

NVU is a good free program too!
welshsteve
I mainly use Notepad++ and TopStyle Lite for my coding. But I do have Dreamweaver, and am starting to use it a bit more. I have the new Dreamweaver CS3.
bulek
I also use Adobe Macromedia Dreamweaver CS3 and I agree that it's the best web editing program out there Smile
inventor
I'm currently runing the trial version of CS3. It takes alot of RAM than 2004. I really like 2004 but CS3 does have a few new features.
welshsteve
inventor wrote:
...It takes alot of RAM than 2004. I really like 2004 but CS3 does have a few new features.

It does take a lot of RAM. It can slow down your machine significantly if you have the likes of MS Outlook open as well, and Firefox has been open a while (with all it's memory leak issues).

I have it on a laptop with 1GB of memory. I want it on my desktop, but that's old now with only 768MB RAM.
biljap
I use Dreamweaver MX 2004 but only when I need some help with editing CSS but most of the time I use some PHP editor or Notepad.
Talk2Tom11
Talk2Tom11 wrote:
I am currently using Dreamweaver 8. I am very excited to see what Adobe had done with the application since they have acquired it. I will be using Dreamweaver CS3 in the near future when it is finally released.

I am now using Dreamweaver CS3. I love it... would never go back to 8.
MRaftery
soulman wrote:
Dreamweaver 8, but I don't know it's features for I design my site by only code...

I'd love to be able to do but but still don't know enough to create the stuff I want. I use Dreamweaver 8 - the compatability t6ests are a really good feature.
dude_xyx
Well I prefer dreamweaver 8 because its doesn't much memory like CS3. I wonder what are the new good features this CS3 has.
SFMeatwad
Ahh, I don't really use Dreamweaver because Im pro. lol. I use phpDesigner. Pretty good, too. thinking about purchasing the professional version. So yeh, look into it. just google it, cuz i dont want to post it. im "escared" that ill get into trouble for posting a link. =/

-meatwad
dirkvb
I'm also using dreamweaver mx 2004.
Its a good one, both code and visual.