FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some rearrangement of the forums

ocalhoun
I figure that the forums might be more sensibly laid out with a couple, small rearrangements:
(To simplify things, forums are in 'quotes' and categories are underlined)
Move 'Personal Art Gallery' To lifestyle and news, or miscellaneous.
Move Frihost Users to directly under General
Move 'Introductions' to Frihost Users

I figure this because:
1: The introductions forum belongs better in the frihost users category
2: If the introductions forum is too far from the top, people will introduce themselves in general chat.
3: Having the personal art gallery forum that high up would inconvenience people with excessive scrolling.

Just a thought.
ncwdavid
I dunno. I suppose It wouldnt hurt anyone or be a big job to do but I don't think it would make a massive difference. Thats just me though.
Hogwarts
ocalhoun wrote:
I figure that the forums might be more sensibly laid out with a couple, small rearrangements:

I figure this because:
2: If the introductions forum is too far from the top, people will introduce themselves in general chat.
3: Having the personal art gallery forum that high up would inconvenience people with excessive scrolling.

Just a thought.

The Introductions forum, even though full of spam by people Rolling Eyes , should remain at the top so that new people can find it.

Otherwise, there would new people will spam the general forum or whatever.
ocalhoun
Hogwarts wrote:

The Introductions forum, even though full of spam by people Rolling Eyes , should remain at the top so that new people can find it.

Otherwise, there would new people will spam the general forum or whatever.

ocalhoun wrote:

Hogwarts
ocalhoun wrote:

I figure this because:

Just a thought.

It's a stupid idea.

I would explain the meaning of Personal to you, but wiktionary sums it up quite nicely.
Wiktionary wrote:
Of or pertaining to a particular person; relating to, or affecting, an individual, or each of many individuals; peculiar or proper to private concerns; not public or general; as, personal comfort; personal desire.

Now, in this instant it would be the "Frihost User's Personal Art Gallery", and the parts of that "Frihost Users" and "Personal" are related due to the fact that they both refer to people from frihost (Because it would be impossible for somebody other then a Frihoster to post on that forum...)

Also, it's a bad idea to put the Personal Pictures Gallery up the top because one a person new to forums comes to this site... They're going to see it.. And there's going to be even more spammy one-liners in it.
Quote:

Hit the nail on the head there... Instead of having it in the Frihost users forum you want to have it in the one that would be just below the Frihost users forum, meaning that there would be 7 topics that you wouldn't have to scroll further to get to. You fail to notice the fact that the title for a group of forums also takes up much space Rolling Eyes

It would also cause confusion amongst some people who are wondering what happened to the forums...

ocalhoun
In the interest of avoiding a flame-war I'm going to point out that everybody makes retarded posts occasionally, including me.

It's true that this suggestion is definately not the best one of the year, but I could give a few examples more deserving of
Hogwarts wrote: