FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Supernatural - Life after...

Captain Fertile
My wife and I are hooked with the first season of Supernatural and enjoying the second although I don’t think it is as good as the first season.

But what should we watch next?

What show should replace Supernatural in our Friday night down time?

We really enjoyed the first series of Supernatural so any suggestions of series to watch when it ends would be helpful. Even if your suggestions are quite old. We are in the UK and behind most of the western world for these shows plus we don’t watch a bunch of TV and probably missed them first time around anyway.

After checking out Surface and Invasion on IMdB (as mention by HoboPelican in another TV thread) I can say that I will be keeping an eye open for these series’ as well as others recommended by FriHosters in various threads.

List of possible shows to watch is:
Heroes
Surface
Invasion

and
(yes we have managed to avoid watching ANY of the many episodes of these shows)

So does this list seem good or am I missing something that I should not miss?

Also any series on here it is not worth my while to track down?

Looking forward to your advice BUT:

********NO SPOILERS PLEASE*********
Scaramanga
Captain Fertile wrote:
Surface
Invasion

Is it a spoiler to inform you that both of these shows were cancelled? Although I think Invasion came pretty close to finishing the first season (but it wasn't renewed.) So you might not want to get involved in these shows when there's no real resolution to either.

That being said, I thought Surface was pretty awaesome. Essentially the show was a HUGE homage to early Speilberg films like Jaws and Close Encounters (sans the aliens.)
Captain Fertile
@Scaramanga

No that is not a spoiler that is JUST the kind of info I need. I would have been gutted if I had got into those shows only to find there were no more, plus my wife would have killed me so you are a life saver my friend. Very Happy

I will try to stay clear of those two shows although you still had good things to say about Surface so I am a little undecided about that one. Question

So were they cancelled before the first season was completed or is there a complete season of both?

And by what you said neither of these shows draws to a conclusive end?

Thanks for the heads-up!

P.S. Do shows over there (I am assuming you are not in the UK) get cancelled before the send of the first season. Here the full season is made and broadcast no matter what the ratings except for trully exceptional circumstances.

Of course here in the UK 6 episodes qualifies as an entire season! Sad
Scaramanga
Captain Fertile wrote:
So were they cancelled before the first season was completed or is there a complete season of both?

As far as I know there is a complete season for Invasion, but I'm not sure about Surface. A lot of times, even when a show won't aired as a complete season, all the episodes have been filmed and will be released on DVD.

EDIT: Just checked, and yes, there is a complete season for both Surface and Invasion (Surface had 15 episodes and Invasion 22.)

Captain Fertile wrote:
P.S. Do shows over there (I am assuming you are not in the UK) get cancelled before the send of the first season. Here the full season is made and broadcast no matter what the ratings except for trully exceptional circumstances.

Yes, it's actually quite common. Especially with the Fox network who is notorious for mid-season cancellations. I think it just has to do with how competitive the market is. I just wish network execs would finally realize it's not just about raw numbers of viewers, it's also about demographics and proper advertising placement (the 25-35 demo is still the most coveted, yet they count them the same as any other age bracket.)
Captain Fertile
Thanks for taking the time toe find information for me, and for taking the time to make such full and informative answers.