FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter & The Order Of The Pheonix

To date, what is your favorite Harry Potter movie?
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

jay84h
Quote:
Credit: http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/

Release Date: July 13th, 2007

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonis, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community has been denied the truth about the teenager's recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort. Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Darks Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting pf his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of student who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

Anyone like the Harry Potter movies? I myself am a big fan of these movies, they are great for all ages and quite entertaining!
glenn83e
harry potter is cool... I currently own all released movies. can't wait for the next one to come out. I wonder if they are going to make a movie for every book? My favourite was the 2nd one Very Happy
Captain Fertile
After the first two movies they lost track a little and weren’t as much fun in my opinion, but I seem to be in the minority feeling this way so what I say should certainly not put you off if you haven’t seen the others.

I still like the first two movies and I think they are a lot of fun but the third one was too complex for the kids and the fourth was very dark indeed and my son lost interest pretty quickly.

Bus as I said, I am in the minority so fair play to all you guys who still love the Harry Potter movies (and books of course).
Blu_Spykz
They wrote Dobby out of film 4 - and wont put him in film 5.

I liked Azkhaban. It was the first HP film I actually saw all the way through though.
jay84h
I too like Azkaban, overall, out of the series I would say it is my favorite.
Captain Fertile
By the way, I voted for the first movie in the poll but here in the UK the first book and the movie is actually called "Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone"

Why is Philosopher not suitable ofr use in the US movie market?

Any suggestions why they would use the original name for the book and movie here in the UK and change it for the release on the USA? Question
Scaramanga
Captain Fertile wrote:
By the way, I voted for the first movie in the poll but here in the UK the first book and the movie is actually called "Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone"

Why is Philosopher not suitable ofr use in the US movie market?

Because we in the US are rather dense, and wouldn't know that Philosopher's Stone refers to an alchemical work.

We is teh dumbzor.
imera
My favourite book would be the fifth, and movie fourth. I love the books and movies, but sometimes I think that they have made the movies for those that has read the books, which is stupid. The third had some parts that I noticed at once would be strange for those that hasn’t read the books, they could have spend like a minute longer to have those things sorted out.
And about my favourite movie so far, I guess it’s because it’s dark. I have always liked more scary and dark movies so no wonder I liked that one, but I wont show it to my little sisters again, before they have grown a little, they were so frighten first time they saw it, or Voldemort scared them, and some other things as well.