FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ignite Links Directory - Boost your pagerank for free!

Animal
I've just created the Ignite Links Directory for you all to add links to your sites and other sites that you find useful. I created this because I was tired of the majority of other directories on the web:

The Ignite Directory does not require you to link back to it (although you can if you wish Wink). You do not need to pay to include a link (why would you pay real money for a link to your site on one of many web directories like many of them expect you to? I certainly wouldn't!)

By adding your link to the directory, you increase the number of backlinks to your site and hopefully raise your pagerank. This should help improve your site's performance in search engine listings. I regularly submit sitemaps to Google so the pages will be indexed, and the links are direct links (as opposed to no-follow links) so it should have a positive effect on your site. It also allows people to browse through all the links in areas they are interested in, and they may find a site they are interested in... yours!

I'm encouraging everyone to submit their own sites for free, and any other sites that they find useful to the directory. There's no requirement for payment or links, and you certainly won't get spam as a result! If you don't want to submit directly to the web directory, you can also post your site name / url / description here and I'll add it for you. You've got nothing to lose!

http://ignite.frih.net
einstein
Title: Science-Core
URL: http://www.science-core.blogspot.com/
Description: This is my cool blog where i can put anything interesting and worthwhile to discuss(Mostly Science!!!)

I have already submitted, but just to let you know in case it doesn't appear. Wink
TarsajumaClan
Title: MyArcadePlanet: The ultimate online hangout
URL: http://www.myarcadeplanet.com
Description: This a site for Gaming news and Discussion. We also have implemented an arcade, blogs for each user, and web commics for our users enjoyment. We have plans for tournaments that are currently under developement. Please check us out and become part of this great community.
{name here}
You need a programming category, methinks.
Dakafall
I sumbitted mine but I dont see it.... Do you have to accept it and then it will show up? Lol I am a little confused if you cant tell Smile

Please help!

But your site is awsome! A driectory service is always good and I know that frihost has one but the mroe the better, the design is nice and clean and I cant see any mistakes, I might have to make one of these one day but I am very busy...

Thank you for making this directory!
web-geek
Title: Web-Geeks
URL: www.web-geeks.frih.net
Description: A online community that is more then just a forum!
Animal
@Tarsajuma Clan: Your detailed listing is here - you can see information on your pagerank etc if you browse to Games > Online Gaming > Gaming Communities.

@{name here}: methinks you're right. Consider it done Wink

@Darkfall: I have to approve all links that are submitted - your site is listed on the directory now.

@web-geek: Your detailed listing is here. You can see your pagerank etc if you browse to the Computers and Internet category.

Thanks for your interest everyone! Please feel free to submit some more links if you have other sites etc. It makes it a bit easier for me if you do so via the "Add a link" part of the directory though.
qscomputing
Looks good, I will be submitting my site later.

A couple of problems:

Quote:
You can not submit a link to the root directory. Please, choise category before.
- spelling error

Also, I did miss the bar at the top at first, so maybe it should be a little clearer, and there is a lot of whitespace, but other than that it looks useful. I hope you get a lot of links.
Animal
qscomputing wrote:
A couple of problems:

Quote:
You can not submit a link to the root directory. Please, choise category before.
- spelling error

Hmmm... didn't notice that before. I'll need to edit the php of the site software to correct that. Thanks for letting me know though.

qscomputing wrote:
Also, I did miss the bar at the top at first, so maybe it should be a little clearer, and there is a lot of whitespace, but other than that it looks useful. I hope you get a lot of links.

Yeah, there is a reasonable amount of white space, but this is why I chose that particular software. It's very clear and uncluttered in my opinion, so I quite like it. However, there's a little less white space if you don't block the advertising Wink
Daisie
Would love to advertise on your list (very clear and nice layout btw), but I m not sure exactly under which category I could..
I m running a Mom's support forum and I dont see where we could fit Sad , any idea ?
Animal
Daisie wrote:
Would love to advertise on your list (very clear and nice layout btw), but I m not sure exactly under which category I could..
I m running a Mom's support forum and I dont see where we could fit Sad , any idea ?

How about the brand new Childcare and Parenthood section within the Health, Fitness and Wellbeing category? Wink
Daisie
That would work a treat Wink Very Happy
On my way to register!
Animal
I've recently updated the Ignite Links Directory to remove several heavily spammed categories (gambling, pharmacies etc), so the directory is pretty much spam-free.

It now has over 650 links submitted and approved to the directory, and I've been on a big marketing push recently. While it's still a "new" directory, I'm hoping for the Pagerank to increase very soon. Currently, I update the Google Sitemaps daily which should also help your links be found, and new links are approved every 24 hours. So if you haven't submitted your link yet... why not!?!? It should hopefully help you gain traffic and increase your search engine rankings too.

Any comments and/or constructive criticism are most welcome
Digital Thoth
Well, I was looking over the site and didn't really see anything for a tarot reading site. Any idea where the best place for me to submit the link to would be?

By the by, very well laid out, an simplistically attractive to the eyes. Kudos.
Animal
Digital Thoth wrote:
Well, I was looking over the site and didn't really see anything for a tarot reading site. Any idea where the best place for me to submit the link to would be?

Hmm... you're right! I would suggest that Lifestyle and Relationships would be the most appropriate category. I could make a new category especially for tarot readings etc, but it would probably not be very popular.

Digital Thoth wrote:
By the by, very well laid out, an simplistically attractive to the eyes. Kudos.

Thanks! I can't really take all the credit because it was set up using a script, but still... Very Happy
redice
Oh, no, the site itself has a ZERO pagerank! Add to this directory may not increase any rank value for your site.

---
But, this topic itsel seems to begin to a link directory Smile
Animal
redice wrote:
Oh, no, the site itself has a ZERO pagerank! Add to this directory may not increase any rank value for your site.

Yes, you're correct - the current pagerank for the directory is zero and therefore it is unlikely to have much of an effect on submitted site's pagerank yet. However, I've already mentioned this:
Animal wrote:
While it's still a "new" directory, I'm hoping for the Pagerank to increase very soon.

I also discussed the state of my pagerank in this post.
I'm actively submitting the directory to several other services and am advertising it where I can. The amount of indexed linkbacks are currently 0 in Google, 14 in MSN, 68 in Yahoo and 68 in AltaVista. This should increase over the next few weeks and months - the directory has only been up and running for less than a month, so it is not unusual for the pagerank to be zero. Google has almost 250 pages from the directory indexed also - this is steadily increasing.

I've had the Pagerank predicted (the accuracy of this isn't exactly 100%, but it gives an idea), and it could potentially reach 3 (2.8 exactly) at the next PR update:

So, it's correct that a zero pagerank directory is not going to have much (if any) effect on your own site's PR. However, when the Pagerank increases, it will have very much a positive effect on the PR of the submitted sites.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Digital Thoth
Quote:
Hmm... you're right! I would suggest that Lifestyle and Relationships would be the most appropriate category. I could make a new category especially for tarot readings etc, but it would probably not be very popular.

Instead of making one just for Tarot Reading, what if you made it for Spirituality, New Age, or something along those lines? While tarot reading itself might not be as popular, divination, spirituality, and new age outlooks are on a steady increase.

edit: I realized that a folder for New Age/Metaphysical would sound alot btter than the ones suggested earlier. And I think it'd fit with your current set up.

Just a suggestion.

Oh yeah, can you submit your link to more than one section?
Animal
Digital Thoth wrote:
edit: I realized that a folder for New Age/Metaphysical would sound alot btter than the ones suggested earlier. And I think it'd fit with your current set up.

That's an interesting idea. I'll consider adding it if I get some more submissions of these kinds of sites.

Digital Thoth wrote:
Oh yeah, can you submit your link to more than one section?

No, you are only allowed one listing per site I'm afraid.