FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need help

schooldays
I am new to website designing. I just got my account accepted, and I downloaded FileZilla so that I can upload my site. Well, I made my site on Microsoft Publisher, it was a very small, 3-page website, and I publish the files for that into a folder on my computer. There was a .htm file called 'index', and when you click on that, it opens a web browser, and you can look around the site (only from that file of course, not on the real web). The other thing was a folder called 'index_files'. When you go into that there are all the images from the site.

So, first of all, I'd like to ask how I would access my account (anyone who is familiar with FileZilla). Because there are a few sections: 'address' (not sure what to put here), 'user' (presumably my username from the acceptance e-mail I got), 'password' (ditto), and 'port' (not sure what to put here either).

From that stage, I would need someone to tell me how I would make the Publisher files work with the thing.

If anyone could help, I would be so thankful.

P.S: I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I'm new to this place.
mOrpheuS
schooldays wrote:
So, first of all, I'd like to ask how I would access my account (anyone who is familiar with FileZilla). Because there are a few sections: 'address' (not sure what to put here), 'user' (presumably my username from the acceptance e-mail I got), 'password' (ditto), and 'port' (not sure what to put here either).

See if this helps - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-29676.html#29676

schooldays wrote:
From that stage, I would need someone to tell me how I would make the Publisher files work with the thing.

You need to upload your files (htm, php, whatever) to the public_html folder.
This folder is located at domains/<yoursite>.frih.net/public_html

schooldays wrote:
P.S: I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I'm new to this place.

I'll be moving this to hosting support section. Wink
schooldays
When I do this, this comes up:

Quote:
Error: Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Error: Could not retrieve directory listing
Command: TYPE I
Error: Timeout detected!

And do I put mydomain.frih.net or mydomain.frihost.net? Confused
schooldays
Worked it out, I needed to use Active mode. I'm a step further now. OK, now I need to ask, I uploaded the index.htm file to the public_html section, and then I put in the index_files folder. All the index files failed to upload, so only the folder went through. I then individually did all the index files and then put them all into the folder, within the public_html part.

Have I done everything right so far? Confused If so, what should I do next?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just totally new to complicated web design. Embarassed
mOrpheuS
schooldays wrote:
Worked it out, I needed to use Active mode. I'm a step further now. OK, now I need to ask, I uploaded the index.htm file to the public_html section, and then I put in the index_files folder. All the index files failed to upload, so only the folder went through. I then individually did all the index files and then put them all into the folder, within the public_html part.

Have I done everything right so far? Confused If so, what should I do next?

It appears that you haven't removed the existing (default) index.html file from your public_html folder.

You should remove that first, and then upload your new index.htm file.
Your "index_files" folder seems to have been uploaded fine.

Once you upload the new index.htm file to public_html folder, it should be visible at address http://<yoursite>.frih.net
schooldays
Thank you so much for the help, everything works now.