FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what makes or breaks a game?

Rako
HI i'm trying to think of an idea for a game and i want to know what the community thinks would make a good or bad game and if anyone has an idea for a good storyline i would like to hear it.

P.S.I'm trying to make a game for Microsoft Dream Build Play comp
there isn't much detail yet but it should be up soon.

and if anyone wants to help me make this game it would be very appreciated so if anyone wants to work for free has either some knowledge in 2d or 3d graphics or has a little experience with xna. pls E-mail me at rako_77@msn.com I will make a site soon.
moonblade
A realistic design document is the first step to get somewhere... As well implementing everything well. Really, asking for ideas on the forum isn't that great an idea. As for what breaks a game - empty promises, buggy code, sluggish speed, lousy generic plot and lack of general underlying style (preferrably of a non-trash direction).

First, you should decide what you want to do. Then make a list of general ideas. Find a team that can implement these ideas. Then post bare bones on the forum and ask for people to give you some ideas of what they want to see. Asking them to give you ideas before you even started is, well... a bit of a weak move.