FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Random issue

Requell
Theres this girl that I hang out with alot. I really like her. She is everything I could want in a girlfriend. She enjoys staying up late talking, watching movies, and all that fun stuff.

I met her through a mutual friend not too long ago, and dicided to take her out on a date on my birthday. This would have been the first time ive actually really talked to her at all. Anyway I was hooked, I really liked her from that point on.

But she has no physical attraction to me. That I can deal with. She is a great friend. But sometimes when she is at my house she flirts with guys online, and I get more then mostly jelious. It isnt just random guys, but guys she knows IRL, and would love to go out with. But my jelousy gets the better of me.

Is that acceptable? is that how it should work?

I really do like this girl, but theres never anything going to come of it. How do I bring up my issue without; one hurting her feelings, and two losing her as a friend.

Any advice would be appricative.
AmzLangers
Requell wrote:

But she has no physical attraction to me. That I can deal with. She is a great friend. But sometimes when she is at my house she flirts with guys online, and I get more then mostly jelious. It isnt just random guys, but guys she knows IRL, and would love to go out with. But my jelousy gets the better of me.

Jelousy is normal... If she is flirting with others online, then thats a sign that she is ready for action, she wants to go out with someone. Very Happy

Requell wrote:
I really do like this girl, but theres never anything going to come of it. How do I bring up my issue without; one hurting her feelings, and two losing her as a friend.

If she is a friend she will under stand what you are going through...

Just say hay i have an issue and i wanted to ask you if you can help me solve it. If she says yes, It means she is friends with you totaly, with trust, or she is determined tofind out what the matter is.

I would dearly say if she follows you to be alone. then tell her when no one else is arround. and tell her it's gonna be hard to say it... so just face it it never is for men.... when it's some thing that you like.

Don't let any one stand in your way because that will make you more agro, via from top quote. but all i can say is go ahead. give it a try..

I hope it will work for you. Wink
bluefossil
dangerous if the girl knows you like her, but she is not attracted to you. Don't get used, my friend
Divinaeon
Requell wrote:
Theres this girl that I hang out with alot. I really like her. She is everything I could want in a girlfriend. She enjoys staying up late talking, watching movies, and all that fun stuff.

I met her through a mutual friend not too long ago, and dicided to take her out on a date on my birthday. This would have been the first time ive actually really talked to her at all. Anyway I was hooked, I really liked her from that point on.

Is that acceptable? is that how it should work?

Any advice would be appricative.

If you trust her enough, tell her your feelings...are you absolutely positive she doesn't have any physical attraction to you? A lot of times girls do those types of things in front of you for attention...maybe she's looking to see how much you're into her by doing this.
RubySlasher
Funny how she's in your house, with you, on your computer, talking to IRL Joe.
Maybe you two can go shopping for shoes later.
Captain Fertile
I know I am going to look like a real Goldfish here but what is IRL?

I thought it might be in real life but that doesn't seem to fit the context in whcih it was used here.
Bondings
Captain Fertile wrote:
I know I am going to look like a real Goldfish here but what is IRL?

I thought it might be in real life but that doesn't seem to fit the context in whcih it was used here.

It's most likely in real life, meaning someone she knows in real life (like friend) and not a random anonymous guy from the internet that she never met.

Arrow And now back on topic.
Captain Fertile
Thanks Bondings. The IRL Joe comment threw me a little.

---------------------

Now regarding the problem. You need to decide which is most important to you, really most important to you.

If your friendship is the most important thing then you are gonna have to suck it up and live with this I’m afraid.

If the fact that it hurts you so much each time she flirts this way in front of you is the most important thing then you have to let her know how you feel.

If she is a good friend it is acceptable to say something like, “I know we are friends but it kind of hurts when you flirt like that with guys. I’m sure you don’t have feelings for me and I appreciate that but I just thought I should let you know how I feel.”

Obviously you will have to alter this ti suit your position but there is nothing wrong with having a friend you find attractive as long as you both know how each other feels and if there is nothing going to happen then you have to learn to accept that or move on.

There is nothing more hurtful than having feelings for someone yu spend a lot of time with and not having those feelings returned (or respected). Also when they do find a partner of their own it is very difficult to accept and you will usually be left high and dry at that point if you have feelings.

I hope this helps.