FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tomahawk Design

tomahawk19
Hey,

I'm a web designer, and am looking for ideas to work with on my website. You can check it out at http://www.tomahawkdesignstudio.com/ If you have any recommendations or tips for it, please e-mail me. I'm in the process of fixing it up, I will have a new contact page done in the next couple days, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me. Thanks for your time.

Dustin
undoweb
Whell, the idea isn`t bad, I don`t whant to descurage you, but in this times everybody is a webdesigner. Peoples now how to create theyre own website and company`s hire theyre own webdesigner.
Your website doesen`t look to bad, but you can modify it to look betere. I am not a webdesigner, but I will give you some tips.
Use and create your website in photoshop, gain experience, learn som web programing languages like php, you can easily integrate php scripts with a photoshop design.
I don`t thinks you will make some money from this one, maybe when the wesite will be big, you will have enploys and you will do a good jobe over the internet.
I hope I will hear from you and maybe, who nowes you will create a empire of webdesigning company.
budazz
looks good but i dont like the font...mybe you can use css... for that... nice flash anyway
tomahawk19
undoweb wrote:
Whell, the idea isn`t bad, I don`t whant to descurage you, but in this times everybody is a webdesigner. Peoples now how to create theyre own website and company`s hire theyre own webdesigner.
Your website doesen`t look to bad, but you can modify it to look betere. I am not a webdesigner, but I will give you some tips.
Use and create your website in photoshop, gain experience, learn som web programing languages like php, you can easily integrate php scripts with a photoshop design.
I don`t thinks you will make some money from this one, maybe when the wesite will be big, you will have enploys and you will do a good jobe over the internet.
I hope I will hear from you and maybe, who nowes you will create a empire of webdesigning company.

FYI, I haven't put as much time and effort into my site as I have my clients. It's not discouraging, in fact I do quite well with my customers. I know php, some cgi, asp, working with ruby a little, and use CSS in the majority of my work. This was something I threw together in a couple minutes.

I'm not trying to make money from this site, not yet at least. Most of my clientèle is local and spread by word of mouth. I do a lot more of the coding, I've got someone else that does my design work, he's working on a new layout for me.
plato
good!
but the navigation part isn't well at all.
tomahawk19
I have changed it completely. LOL. I got bored last night.
plato
its even worst now
GB
I think your site has some good points. The sections you have are pretty good, but lack lots of content. This is something that grows over time, though, so keep plugging away. Perhaps some images would be good. Also, how about some example projects in your portfolio?

Which brings me to the forum--why do you have one? The only content there is your portfolio, which should be in the portfolio section. I would scrap the forum and put the recent projects in the portfolio section.

Good luck with your site and your business
Pryme8
The idea behind it it pretty good, it just needs to be worked on a little bit, for a design site, you should make it eye catching and make sure its compatiable with at least 80% of browsers (ie, firefox, AOL, Lynx, Mosaic...) otherwise when someone comes and looks at your site and it isent layed out the way you want because there are some script errors, it completely shuns your validity.
the6thfactor
tomahawk19 wrote:
undoweb wrote:

FYI, I haven't put as much time and effort into my site as I have my clients. It's not discouraging, in fact I do quite well with my customers. I know php, some cgi, asp, working with ruby a little, and use CSS in the majority of my work. This was something I threw together in a couple minutes.

I'm not trying to make money from this site, not yet at least. Most of my clientèle is local and spread by word of mouth. I do a lot more of the coding, I've got someone else that does my design work, he's working on a new layout for me.

Perhaps you need to spend more then a few minutes for your main company site then Smile

First off, great start. I like the header and nav a lot. But you have WAY too much black space. Fill it with something. A faded image, some sort of design, maybe a block of thumbs of your recent work. But it is imperitive to fill that area. All I see with this site is some very simple divs, and some content. Use your imagination, come up with something to expand upon your design and make it unique.

I too am a web designer. But as undoweb said, everyone can call themselves one nowadays. You have to make yourself stick out from the crowd.

Good luck! Smile
Motoracer380
basic but clean..like
lepris
Hmm to my mind it makes no point to make a website showing only 3 projects and no content. Maybe it would be better to resign from the gallery like mode and turn it to something more similar to a blog, like listing the images vertically and placing some explanations on the right side. Than it makes the impression you fill the whole page with them and your potential clients can get to know somethign about the presented images. The dsecriptions can be devided into 3 standard sections like - title of presented work, description of it's goal and techniques used it. Oh and a fourth section - link to a working site.
I would also ommit navigation that switches windows while there is very little content actually. You could use lightbox for enlarging the images.

greetings,
Kaaro