FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java games

snowboardalliance
In my AP Java class, I'm making a Pacman game since we do like nothing. Anyway, what is the best way to go about this? Just an Applet? Or are there better (built-in) GUI interfaces? I am familiar with Applet, but I don't know how to accept input other than ActionListener (not so practical for a game) so how do I do it?

Thanks.
makli
You can realise your game as an applet, why not? In applets, you have the same GUI-features than in applications. You can also use Graphic2D for drawing.

And why don't you want to use ActionListeners in games? I'm not sure, but I don't think that there are some performance problems with ActionListeners.

HTH

Makli
makli
You can realise your game as an applet, why not? In applets, you have the same GUI-features than in applications. You can also use Graphic2D for drawing.

And why don't you want to use ActionListeners in games? I'm not sure, but I don't think that there are some performance problems with ActionListeners.

HTH

Makli
snowboardalliance
makli wrote:

HTH

Makli

Thanks I think I figured it out. I looked it up and some example code worked, my problem was that I did not know about the interface "Runnable" that I found on a site about doing games. We did not learn this in school but it worked.