You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Karas (Can anyone explain it to me?)

So I recently got done watching a Karas Dvd, which a little research informed me was actually the first 3 of 6 Ova's (which may or may not be finished due to funding)

At anyrate I was spell bound by the animation, the effects pulled off to simulate speed was some of the best ive seen. However the viewing left me very unsatisfied, because after the movie I had no idea what was going on. There were a lot of questions and very little answers.

The pacing made me think there was something preceding it, if so I would love to be directed to it. Also anything that people can clarify for me would be greatly appreciated, largely surounding the Karas and Yurine.
Also Nue, if anyone can point out to me why he betrayed the Mikura....that would be great.
The animation was great in Karas. I don't remeber to much of the story line becuase I watched it a few months ago. But I do remember that the story was kind of confusing. As for Nue, I don't think they explained that part yet. It will probably be revealed in the later parts.
hi there,

Hummmmm i remenber seeing this anime sometime ago...but i think i diodn't see it all...time to get some dvd's out of the storage lol.

I remenber the animation was pretty cool and just the intro animation made my mouth like this :O.

Stay COol.
The next part, I heard is coming this year. The CGI is good, but the cell animation is just OK. Nue I think is a Karas in training, (I think Karas are demon hunters of some sort). As for the very first battle at the beginning, I think it was the old Karas (the one that turned bad) killing another Karas. Now the new Karas I think is a spritual doctor or somethiing (but I might be wrong as in the last scene, there is a patient in the hospital that seems to look like Dr. Karas.)
A brief synopsis of Karas. It's spoilerriffic, so stop reading unless you really want to.

A Karas is a human sprit that has joined the sprit world. They are empowered and to a certain extent controled by those chibi gangaro girls whose names I don't remember. Ekou is a Karas who imprisioned his gangero girl and for the past 3 years has been terrorizing the city's human population with 10 demons that feast on human blood in order to take human form.

Otoha is a new Karas, who is trying to stop the 10 demons. He's also a sprit doctor apparently.

The guy with the guns (whose name I also don't recall) is one of those blood-drinking demons, but isn't drinking blood and also has a grudge agianst Ekou and his 10 for reasons unexplained.
A young-looking girl named Yurine, and her servant Karas, fight off demons between the overlapped worlds, ultimately keeping the demons from interrupting the lives of humans. However, humans forgot all about it, forgetting kuras and the demonds , this pisses off the old Karas he/it and takes the form of a human named Eko, while creating an army of Mikura, or mechanized demons, to ready an attack on the human race.

A young man named Otoha inherits the powers of the Karas and takes his place at the side of Yurine, who claims that his soul called out for her while he lived the life of a human. They live in the world of the demons. Otoha starts to learn to control his power and he has to restore the balance that Eko threatens to upset.

there its all very simple, of course ......after watching it once I didnt get it either..after watching it 5 times.. I kinda got it.. it wasn't till after I watched it for the 7th time that I finally was enlightened