FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PC System Utilities

Which PC Maintenance software do you use?
Advanced System Optimizer
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Tune Up Utilities
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
System Mechanic
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
SystemSuite
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WinCleaner Complete PC Care
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Norton SystemWorks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Super Utilities
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ace Utilities
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
System LifeGuard
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

jay84h
Which software do you use to maintain the performace of your computer? I used to use TuneUp Utilities but switch to Advanced System Optimizer which seems to have much more features!
reddishblue
System Mechanic is great, I use version 5
Shin
I don't any of them Sad I only use windows defragmentor. Smile
Darius
Usualy i use TuneUp Utilites, tryed the "Advanced System Optimizer" but many would be suprise, how much thay look alike. Besides the options, the look of the "skin" that one program uses, remind me of the other one Smile I gues companies cooperate these days quite alot.
jay84h
Darius wrote:
Usualy i use TuneUp Utilites, tryed the "Advanced System Optimizer" but many would be suprise, how much thay look alike. Besides the options, the look of the "skin" that one program uses, remind me of the other one Smile I gues companies cooperate these days quite alot.

LOL, that's true, once I switched to Advanced System Optimizer, it was just like I was using TuneUp Utilities with a different skin.
WickedGravity
I use my knowledge of the Windows systems after countless years of screwing things up and finally learning what the hell I was doing to begin with.
Commando_Sondre
I use Linux right now, but if I'd use a tuneup utilly, I'd use CCleaner (if you could call it a tuneup utillity).
Petee
I'm using Fix-It Utilities 6 Pro right now. It's got virus and spyware scanners, plus disk and registry defragmentors, along with several system clean-up wizards and backup tools.
It does it's job pretty good Wink
DaComboMan
Petee wrote:
I'm using Fix-It Utilities 6 Pro right now. It's got virus and spyware scanners, plus disk and registry defragmentors, along with several system clean-up wizards and backup tools.
It does it's job pretty good Wink

V-Com, they have good products!
I enjoy PowerDesk (especially the latest no.6) for file viewing but have never tried their Fix-it Utilities. How does it compare to Tune-Up Utilities?

CCleaner is sufficient?
bulek
I have tried:

Advanced System Optimizer
Tune Up Utilities
System Mechanic

and my winner is Tune Up Utilities. It is so simple, nice and very effective. I have found some posts blaming System Mechanic that it can damage system in some cases.