FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Children Of Men

copperhouse
watch “children of men” wow!
Is a really visual treat!
This film builds a lot of barriers which other directors must respect or follow The special effect side of it was amazing,must of been full on in the cinema I even jumped a few times watching it a home.
VERY realistic film all the way through I was impressed..

Science fiction is allwys hard to pull of but this film did it very well,it was nice once in a while to see the future dirty and full of technology because usually its all nice and clean with totally different architecture i thought that was a nice touch.All the explosions where the BEST i have ever seen VERY RELISTIC SPECIAL EFFECT!!
suppastar
I completely agree, I LOVED Children of Men. It's too bad it didn't get more attention from the Academy Awards, though I bet that was partly due to its late release. Another movie that is awesome that's kinda related (from one of the other 3 Mexican amigos) is Pan's Labyrinth. I absolutely loved it, and I'm usually not that into fantastical movies. It was really heartbreaking and I actually cried at the end.
engeland
I was captured by the title itself. So i checked out their official site at www.childrenofmen.net and WOW!

It looks really good. I'm a big fan of these sort of movies and yes, i'm definitely going to catch it. By the way, is this whole issue with infertility related to environmental issues. Or is there a clear line seperating the two?
MYP415
Yea I too really enjoyed the movie and recommend others to watch it
leaningforward
I really liked thi movie too ! The camera work is really great and there is a scene towards the end where the camera is in the middle of a gun battle that will just blow you away. Definitley worth checking out!

copperhouse wrote:
watch “children of men” wow!
Is a really visual treat!
This film builds a lot of barriers which other directors must respect or follow The special effect side of it was amazing,must of been full on in the cinema I even jumped a few times watching it a home.
VERY realistic film all the way through I was impressed..

Science fiction is allwys hard to pull of but this film did it very well,it was nice once in a while to see the future dirty and full of technology because usually its all nice and clean with totally different architecture i thought that was a nice touch.All the explosions where the BEST i have ever seen VERY RELISTIC SPECIAL EFFECT!!
m_furquan36
Love the movie it was great.
RallyMonkey
A lot of people were complaining about the ending, but I thought it was great.
nitesh
pretty amazing stuff !!! cinematography was great, some of the scenes were beautifully shot. I though the ending was great, a bit open ended though. More movies of such genre should come up !
todabeat
I really loved this movie, top to bottom, just great the actiing, the story, the way it was shot, just everything, i hadnt been so happy with a movie for a long time
vervaeke
Wow, I'm pretty happy to hear this. I was excited for the movie and then I read some bad reviews and decided not to see it. It should be out on video soon I guess so I'll have to check it out
danielduran
wouuu, I too really enjoyed. It's different ! It's great!!
engeland
wwoot, i watched this last week and i give it an 8/10! Especially the last part. I like the whole concept of humans being infertile. It's something that never really is clear enough to make a movie out of
GProject
I thought this movie was great. I was looking forward to seeing it anyway, but some of the single-take shots were unbelievable! Although, as I understand it, some CG was used to stictch mutliple shots together in a seamless way, it's still a huge visual accomplishment.

The story was pretty good too, although maybe could have done without some of the predictability. I definately want to see it again though - a great piece of work.
vw_bugg
WOW It was by far the best scifi movie i have seen in a long time. I really did love the cinematography. I wish it had gotten more hype, i only saw a poster for it then i went online and saw the trailer. I wasn't very well known.
Osmodius
I only heard about Children of Men through American friends online, it wasn't advertised in New Zealand at all and wasn't played nationwide (possibly nowhere in NZ?). Noone I know in RL had even heard about this movie.

However I really enjoyed it, the kind of movie that makes you think, and can actually be watched again.

Oh, and the motorbike/car attack scene = WIN.
bluefossil
I thought The Movie was Great, My friends thought it was Kind of Depressing, I can see how they would think that with how freaking the sad the movie can make you feel. But I think it was a great movie. I hope it comes out on Blue Ray so i can get it.
Josso
Excellent film, I'm glad I found a thread about it. The production really reminds me of other British films such as "28 days later" - when they get into violent or disturbing scenes they will really push the boat out. Comparing it to the typical kind of average hollywood type film the violent scenes will be a lot more "raw" if you know what I mean. It'll be a lot nastier than seeing some exagerated fake stuff that you usually get. There's a real sense of panic and desperation in Children of Men which is also put out in 28 days later. That scene where he's rushing through all the fighting is done in ONE TAKE - I'm not sure if anyone noticed that! Now that is some filmwork
rheanna
Confused I tried to watch this movie like twice now but the beginning starts out boring. I don't know maybe when I get bored I'll try to watch it again. This movie didn't really catch my attention.
soldeinvierno
I think I'll rent the DVD. I wasn't very sure but after reading your comments I guess I'll give it a try
natem
It was one of the best movies I have seen in years, and I am a real movie buff so that is saying a lot.
vervaeke
Bum info. I went and watched this movie based on everyone's excitement in this forum. It's really not that good. I'll agree the cinematography was awesome but I think they botched a really cool story idea. There's barely any discussion on how this pandemic has affected the world at large (other than showing that it's dreary) and there's really no character development or explanation about the human project. It's a great concept, but I think they could have made a way better movie. This was really just a typical "deliver the package" movie.