FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Want to write a book?

hunterm
Well, take part in writing a book?

I set up a website some time ago and never got around to promoting it.

Check out Globalbook project

I've posted more info on the "promote your website" but I thought this may be a more apt location as I think all the book lovers hang around here.

Suggestions for the site are greatfully received.[/url]
vertigoflow
That looks like an interesting idea. Are you going to have people writing it one the forum, or are you going to use a script to manage it?

I've seen some interactive story scripts floating around, but the only one i've fiddled with is efiction, which might not work out well for your project.

Check out the hotscripts listing here:
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Interactive_Stories/index.html

and I'm sure you'll find something worth playing around with if you haven't already
Comatose
That's a great idea hunterm! I myself once wrote as a side hobby. Though none of my stories ever got finished... But I'll be sure to check it out. Wink
KingPuff
Yep, it is my dream. I'm in college, and will hopefully become a journalist and/or a teacher, both of which will help me become a writer. I love the fantasy/science fiction genre, so I will most likely try to right in that area. I have written numerous short stories, none of which are fantasy related...Funny aye?
slashnburn99
Bringing this back to the top

What a great idea 2 years on have a look see how it is going
Vladalf
I saw some projects with the same idea on the internet. It was a fantasy book wich everybody contributed to, every character had it's own topic with 10's of pages of biography, every place was detailed to the maximum, etc. I tought it was hard to start in it, seeing that there was so much lore I couldn't read it even in a few months. I hope your project succeds Smile, interactive things like this are interesting.

Vladalf
mycologicalintent
That sounds like a blast, I'm currently writing a series of essay's. No fiction yet, have to brush up on my literature Smile
kutekitten
awesome idea, once I'm done with my current story, I'll absolutely check it out Smile
pscompanies
Wow that's great! Definitely going to try and contribute if I can..
Radar
I'm impressed. That's a great idea, and I will all who get involved the best of luck.

Personally, I don't know, I would find it hard not to have as much creative control as I'm used to having in doing something like writing a story - which probably something that it would actually be good for me to one day get used to.
fliesenburner
I think it's a great idea, but personally i prefer when just a few people write a book together - it isn't so chaotic. Very Happy
Cliffer
i can't open your site....