FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What should I do?

zivkong
Anyway, I don't know where to post this thing because can't get a related forum but in here...

I'm a total fool in website development. I really interested in making a commercial website but I have no idea what should I do now.

I've make 3 websites before but it doesn't really give a good result.
1. MVForum [Malaysia Vocalist Forum] - not hosted in here and that makes me disappointed because the host ran away. This is the most successful but not earning anything.
2. e-MicroBar - totally sucked website but someone said the idea was good which I pay 10% referral fees back.
3. Go 4 Pixels - even more sucks since I messed up with calculation and makes me think myself is useless.

I really wants to run a website which can last long. Any idea what should I do now?

I NEED IDEA TO RUN A WEBSITE WHICH I CAN EARN A LITTLE MONEY THERE AND LESS TIME MANAGEMENT. COMMENT PLEASE....
Blu_Spykz
Sell stuff.

A friend of mine plays a "game" called Second Life, an online program where you meet people in a virtual world.

Anyway he recently set up a website selling clothing, furnature and even linden dollars to be used within the game and makes a good sum each month.

Another friend makes her own clothing and sells them online.

There's a world of possibility out there.
zivkong
Actually i have some ideas about selling things online.
Since I'm living in Asia, bet many people from europe and US wish to have some items which available in Malaysia such as Batik Cloth, and more more.

but it will really face problem when 'exporting' not everything can be define as 'post' here.... post need mailing fees ... export need a lot of money.

Also, i prefer to have a website on my own.

thanks for ur advise.. i really appreciates it
HDirtwater
Quote:
Anyway he recently set up a website selling clothing, furnature and even linden dollars to be used within the game and makes a good sum each month.

Many games prohibit the sale of these items. I would encourage your friend to read the terms of service for that game, and anyone to read it who buys any new game.
GB
zivkong wrote:
I NEED IDEA TO RUN A WEBSITE WHICH I CAN EARN A LITTLE MONEY THERE AND LESS TIME MANAGEMENT. COMMENT PLEASE....

Well, unfortunately, I have never seen an example where this is true. I wish I could have a website that gave me money every month, but that I didn't have to maintain.

A good website takes work. You need to have good content and fresh content. That builds your site traffic. Then, as people come, they click on your ads and you begin to make an income. Or, you can sell things. A friend of a friend sells watches on ebay and does quite well.

In any case, having a website takes time and to make money at it takes commitment.

Good luck!
b4r4t
If someone have a good idea for website.... he will make it himself ! Smile

You have to think, what topic is Your domain... something what You know well , than make a site - ppl will come... they will read, and click ADS (i recomend google adsense) ... but good website = lot of work ...
zivkong
oh .. i have to use my stupid brain again ...

i wish just could earn my money from adsense ... not too much .. just enough for me to pay my car loan...

blog? directory website? forum?

anyway... thinking of forum ... can i use forum to request for adsense? i don't think they will approve right?
b4r4t
frihost IS a forum , and it HAVE adsense ... than - Try - You have nothing to lose Smile
But You have to have a good forum, lot of members who like it... other way they wont click ads
Regular site is better way to earn cash with adsense ... You have to paste AdSense block inside content, and You have better chance that someone click them Smile
zivkong
I want to make a forum too... but i must make sure there is many visitor in my website...
SmartIcon
GB wrote:

In any case, having a website takes time and to make money at it takes commitment.

Good luck!

I am totaly agree with this. You need more work and time to get some profit. Who will give you any rocking idea, instead he will do his business or website with his own idea. There are very less people who share their idea.

Use any of your idea, and use google adsence program to earn some money.
undoweb
Make for example a website with anounces like ( selling pc-s, shoes etc.. ) usesr can post a announce, like ebay but just for your country. That is a good idea!
zivkong
anyway, i just roughly started a blog here ... give some comments here see whether it will be profitable or what..

http://my-doremi.co.nr

i'm not sure it is right or wrong .. just give a luck