FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mantis shrimp as a pet

illegalhost
Hi there!! i'd like to try my hands on rearing one of these Mantis Shrimps!! Understand that they are hardy but capable of Smashing glass tanks!! 1) Does anyone have these pets at home?? And do they break your glass tank?? Would like to know more about them as pets. I think they are really cool cuz the colours are really pretty - and they are REALLY intelligent. My kind of pet. Grinz. 2) And of cuz, how much $$$ did you spend on decorating / keeping them as pets?? 3) What about filters?? Which of these in the market did you use?? Under gravel?? 4) If possible, please attach the photo of your aquarium too!! Thanks!!
Captain Fertile
I googled Mantis Shrimp and they are one of the ugliest yet amazing looking creatures I have seen.

They have the most beautiful colours. I had never heard of them before but I can see how they got the name, their legs/claws really do look like a praying mantis.

Thanks for sharing, I have learned my something new for today! Smile
illegalhost
Hehe. Okie. Thanks for your comments. Ya they are indeed very pretty!! Dancing

Hope that they do not break my tank if i do buy them tho!! Laughing
m_furquan36
Like the guy above its the first time ive ever heard of this type of shrimp,even though i dont have any info to the questions you asked they look cool.