FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Using Windows on a Macintosh

sabe
Yes I know it is sacrilegious, for you Mac fans. But I have an Imac and am running Windows XP on it. I need to get a printscreen. How do I do it.

No. the normal [shift]+option 3 or 4 does not work.
No. the [shift] or [alt] + the [f13] or [f14] does not work.

I have done it with the screen keyboard but then you get the keyboard on the screen print if it overlaps your active window.

Any takers on this problem? I am looking for an hotkey combo for the printscreen key or a way to print any window without getting a separate program. This is for a school and I can't install any extra stuff.

Thanks ahead of time if I get the answer Confused
brokenadvice
The only thing I can think of is using a software solution. You could try using the Gimp http://www.gimp.org/. Just go to file > Aquire > Screen Shot and set the delay to 2 seconds.
sabe
I currently use a program that is called hardcopy. It allows me to reprogram all of the printscreen like keys. I have icons that the program puts on each window that allow me to take a picture of the screen or part of the screen. It is great!

I'm sure one of you guys, or gals, will know the answer to this one...
myrevolt
Supposidely F13 & Option-F13 will work. However, your keyboard may not even have an F13. According to this thread on the macrumors forum you may have to use a third-party program or remap the keyboard. Printkey 2000 is light-weight and malware-free if you convince your school's admin... I've secretely been installing Firefox on all the computers in the lab... (I can't stand IE6 - no tabs, ads and popups...)