FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

99 Red Balloons

Is 99 Red Balloons the best song ever?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 10

rouge568
Is or is not the song 99 Red Balloons (by goldfinger) the best song ever? Or is the original german versioin, 99 luftbalons (by nena) better?
Personally, the former is the sickest.
Captain Fertile
Goldfinger's version is awesome - I love this kind of sound I will be playing it in the car a lot now I know who sings the new version. Wink

BUT you can never beat a sweating german woman in leather pants with a sleevless t-shirt and hairy armpits from my hormone soaked days as a teenage boy.

Even now I just have to hear the first few bars of the Nena song and I have an urge to lock myself in the bathroom and grab some toilet roll!!!

Sorry, that may be a little vivid for some Shocked (and may require explaining for others Confused ).
Laughing

Nena for me every time.
squeakypants
It's a catchy tune, but it's not the greatest song ever Wink Sorry buddy
scimitarmoon
I can't stand that song - either version of it. I don't know why... I hardly even listen to the words. It's just something about it that annoys me.
jasmine
I find it quite... annoying... to the ear. XD

Though I heard its a good camping song.
debowski
in my opinion goldfinger's version is much better tha nene's...
i remember that this song was in "eurotrip" - one of my most favourite films.
Captain Fertile
@rouge568

I just want to point out that I hate you and my family hates you (just kidding). Ever since you mentioned this song and pointed out who sang it I have secured a copy of it and have been playing it a LOT since. Embarassed

My wife wanted me to pass on the message that if she ever catches you she will wring your neck!!! She is going mad having to listen to it every time she walks past my desk. Laughing

Seriously though, the Goldfinger track is rocking! I love it. Thanks for pointing out who the artist was.
trumnation
Its a great song, although it has been remade too many times.
Captain Fertile
I wasn't aware it was remade a number of times. Who else produced versions and are any as good as the Goldfinger version?