FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA4

gta-series
Will be GTA4 MMO or no(Like Lineage)???
gta-series
When does Lineage Interlude starts in Europe???
Keran
I don't think that GTA IV will be a MMO ://// I think it's stupid.
Thought Rockstar says that GTAIV will be first released on X360 and PS3, they don't say anything about PC version. But I'm guessing it will be like earlier GTA's, with added multiplayer (not sure) ;]

According to Gamespot the GTA IV Genre is Modern Action Adventure...

Other stuff:
* GTA4 will be released in the USA on October 16th 2007, and in Europe on October 19th 2007.
* It will be simultaneously available for PlayStation®3 and Xbox360TM
* The Xbox360TM version will feature two exclusive downloadable packs - the result of a "strategic alliance" between Microsoft and Rockstar Games.
* The game will be developed on a new engine (RAGE -Rockstar's Advanced Game Engine) which is different to the one used in GTA3/GTA: Vice City/GTA:San Andreas.
* Setting of the gameplay is unknown, some say Chicago-like city...
( Some of those info's aren't 100% sure, cuz there's not much info about GTA4 out yet)

BTW. If you start a topic about GTA IV, don't go offtopic in the next (double) post
Peterssidan
I hope not. how should it be if all man is criminal. the fun is to kill the incent people. Twisted Evil
gta-series
I've read (I don't remember where Very Happy ) that GTA4 will be MMO
gta-series
And do you know when does GTA4 will appear in shops? I played in SA very much. And this game was tired of me. I want to play GTA4 on PC. I don't want to buy Xbox or PS I want to play on PC. If you know When will this game appear on sale please reply me.
Thanks
gta-series
And all the same I think that an idea with mmo is not bad. Imagine steep races with other players. Shooting, tournaments and etc. I think it will be cool. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
gta-series
Unbelievable wonders were shown by ESRB, placing 2 days ago at appropriation of rating of М (17+), to recently going out GTA: Vice City Stories for PlayStation 2. However, after days this rating shocking GTA Community, by enigmatic appearance disappeared! We will wait the official statement Take-Two or Rockstar Games, which will be able to comment on this situation. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad It's very baaaadddd. +17..... I'm only 15...... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
gta-series
And if there are russians or ukrainians on this forum -GTA.COM.UA-best GTA Fan Site. Files and many info on RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH LANGUAGES!!!!!!
Good Luck
gta-series
A few days ago not very much welcome news came from the British company Rockstar Games, converting itself into legend of playing industry by means of the playing series Grand Theft Auto. As became known, abandoned its walls Terry Donovan, со-founder and managing director. Yet in September he took the protracted vacation - obvious, to think of the future, - as a result was the decision to leave an own offspring is accepted.

Nevertheless, the representatives Rockstar are sure, that in spite of this loss, a company will continue work in the former mode. No place of Terry former high-up employee Capcom of Europe Gery Deyl (Gary Dale) is already appointed, and all plenitude of power passed to the hands of other founders of company, brothers of Sam and Dan Khauzerov. Real cool...
_Harley_
I cant wait for GTA 4. I am so sick of all the "GTA wannabee" games. The GTA series paved the way for a lot of great games, a lot of bad ones to, and the next one, hopefully, will be just as great as its predecessors
Keran
Dude, can't you like write everything in 1 post instead of posting 5 posts one after another?? :/

gta-series wrote:
I've read (I don't remember where Very Happy ) that GTA4 will be MMO

I highly doubt that, there might be Multiplayer added to the game, but it's almost 100% sure that it will be a normal Single player game like earlier ones.

gta-series wrote:
And do you know when does GTA4 will appear in shops?

Have you even read my earlier post?

Keran wrote:

* GTA4 will be released in the USA on October 16th 2007, and in Europe on October 19th 2007.

This probably means that it will be in shops 16th October 2007 in USA and 19th October in Europe...

gta-series wrote:

Unbelievable wonders were shown by ESRB, placing 2 days ago at appropriation of rating of М (17+), to recently going out GTA: Vice City Stories for PlayStation 2. (...)It's very baaaadddd. +17..... I'm only 15......

I think it's normal as GTA series always contained adult materials, such as violence, explicit language and the ESRB rating bumped up when some adult addons were created etc.

Now something from myself about GTA.
I think we will have to wait for PC version a little longer, from what I've read somewhere, someone said that current PC's won't be able to handle the graphics of new GTA...
I can't wait for the game and I think it will be a real hit like all GTA games, but to play it I will need to buy a better PC or PS3...
Good thing is that there will be hundreds of other games released till October ;]
aicon
i used to play them all on the ps2 which i think is best then i got san andreas for the pc and the controls where totaly messed up i couldnt shoot or do nothing, i also heard from a friend a gta multi player version for the pc is coming out anyone know if thats true? sounds alot of fun running around with your mates doing drive bys lol
Jeff_vella_leone
aicon wrote:
i used to play them all on the ps2 which i think is best then i got san andreas for the pc and the controls where totaly messed up i couldnt shoot or do nothing, i also heard from a friend a gta multi player version for the pc is coming out anyone know if thats true? sounds alot of fun running around with your mates doing drive bys lol

well pc version u can use the mouse whilst on ps u have the auto target
its obvious that with the pc version u need skill more than the ps
so learn some skill and then ul like it the same
Woutan
will it be for PC too or just for PS2??

And how is called this GTA4?

TNX
Quote:
I hope not. how should it be if all man is criminal. the fun is to kill the incent people.

i think is it.
Jeff_vella_leone
iMage wrote:
Quote:
I hope not. how should it be if all man is criminal. the fun is to kill the incent people.

i think is it.

lol evil
though its cool
the fun is mostly in killing by the car i think
well better not starting again il never end
gta4 well i think they will give it a name like vice city and san andreas
well il gues it will have better grafics because gta allways laked in grafics
can't wait Sad
bonestorm74
I guess multiplayer is the next big step for GTA. But how to make it work? Maybe Rockstar will find a way. MMO is probably even harder to implement than smaller multiplayer so that may come further down the track.

I love this series and I'm eagerly awaiting more information on the next installment.
Jeff_vella_leone
bonestorm74 wrote:
I guess multiplayer is the next big step for GTA. But how to make it work? Maybe Rockstar will find a way. MMO is probably even harder to implement than smaller multiplayer so that may come further down the track.

I love this series and I'm eagerly awaiting more information on the next installment.

well i think for multiplayer is hard
to load all that info in of the city to have a realistic multiplayer

in my openion it need much bandwidth that not all players can have or efford
matti05
I am careful, that series GTA this the really good games. I played in all parts and impatient I wait for next.
FireFoxDB
Did you guys know that in a few days the GTA IV trailer comes?

check www.rockstargames.com/IV

And anyone who complains about GTA copy's, it's a game genre! It's the same as saying all RTS's are copy's of Dune.

And for multiplayer: Check SA-MP ( my favorite, you can script game modes in pawno, which is based on C (++) ), or MTA: SA, but it's doesn't feature wany walking around, just driving on pre-made game modes, but it has a map editor, which SA-MP doesn't have. My guess is that these will come for GTA 4 if Rockstar doesn't make any multiplayer mode.
Tuxy
Yeah trailer will be here march 28st Smile I hope they went back to the 80's style, i realy loved it. GTA:SA storyline was fun, but i don't realy like those fake 'gangsters'. Vice city was my favourite game of the series
datter
I hope GTA4 has something else to offer other than the same old same old. I mean the series is still fun and all, it's just getting a bit repetitive I think.
Patriot Players
The GTA series has never had anything to offer other than random killing people. The gameplay is buggy and generally piss poor. I dont see how they could make MMO that would be able to stand on its own once killing random pedestrians got old. Sure they would get a lot of sales, but I doubt they would be able to sustain subscription numbers. Theres just not enough there.
Teddy1
Well they said it will be 6 times the size of San Andreas apparently either way we will see. From a few clips i've seen about it their new engine shows physics of a guy being thrown through a wall and the wall collapsing and each single brick forming the shape of impact. I can say is it looks really smart. I think the storyline will be good too but let's see what information they spill eh ? Smile
mitchy112
i think if children play this game they will be criminals not all but some will cause iv seend it be4 like the movie eliphant
mattchun
If there is no more creative ideas on GTA, I think that will be an end for it!
Tuxy
Hardcore GTA-series fans like me don't want anything new. Just the great old comicbook style crime-stories. Those people saying GTA is only about killing pedestrians probably didn't play the game themselves or did not understand the game.

BTW, mitchy112 make up your mind, is it that you get agressive from playing this game or is it that agressive poeple choose this game?
MetalFreak
Yea, they made a GTA4. But its only on Xbox 360 and PS3. From what I have heard GTA4 is completely secretive. Also apparently the Xbox 360 has more to offer on the game than the PS3 does, since there will be expansion packs available to improve your gameplay. It comes out 3-29-07, all of you would know this already but just wanted to remind you. Wink Wink
And this is a quote from Sony's Phil Harrison,"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own." Apparently only the Xbox 360 will be on top for premium GTA IV gameplay. Very Happy
Jeff_vella_leone
MetalFreak wrote:
Yea, they made a GTA4. But its only on Xbox 360 and PS3. From what I have heard GTA4 is completely secretive. Also apparently the Xbox 360 has more to offer on the game than the PS3 does, since there will be expansion packs available to improve your gameplay. It comes out 3-29-07, all of you would know this already but just wanted to remind you. Wink Wink
And this is a quote from Sony's Phil Harrison,"I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own." Apparently only the Xbox 360 will be on top for premium GTA IV gameplay. Very Happy

wow didn't know this one
well i have a good pc to handle all the games and im not gonna buy a consol for sure
so i wish that gta4 comes on pc too
pc is the best
Teddy1
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
MetalFreak wrote:

wow didn't know this one
well i have a good pc to handle all the games and im not gonna buy a consol for sure
pc is the best

To a certain extent i would agree. But sometimes PC just doesn't cut it you know ? i mean like with previous instalments you have been able to modify certain aspects of each game. Which i think is really cool. But the hardware in both the PS3 and the X-Box 360 are of high quality. I think for GTAIV to work on the PC you would need something like a 1gb graphics gard 4gb RAM, Just a really high spec machine Laughing.
lastelement0
Under 10 hours until the GTA IV trailer is released. i really hope that it is as amazing as i've been hearing around my parts. some have said that you are a terrorist of sorts and that it takes you all over the place. which if being on next-gen systems isn't impossible by any means. especially with san andreas have flowing levels. the possibilities with the SIX-AXIS could be interesting or boring.

im rather excited due to the fact that my roommates and i for next year are going to be chipping in to buy a ps3. should be good times.
Yjaxygames
It's very late here when it comes out, so I have to wait one more day.
brucedes
Well that sucks for Rockstar.

The intense load on the server made it go down. See, they must of known this would of happened and should've prepared for it.
Tuxy
I had no problems viewing the trailer...

About it, I'm glad they got back to Liberty City. No more stupid 'wangster' stories in the 'ghetto'. Graphics are looking awesome. I hope the old characters return (in high quality models/skins) somewhere in the storyline ^^
Same old humor Very Happy Did you see the names on the buildings and the rollercoaster? 'GetALife' 'GoldFarmer'.
Seems that the 'Cluckin Bell' is back too Very Happy
Nutteloos
I'm mildly disappointed that the trailer is this short. It doesn't tell you anything really, besides that graphics are improved. (which we all knew already)
Tuxy
Well, it tells you that the game will be in Liberty City again (Yay Very Happy) and the main character is a russian mob who's going to settle in LC (so you probably need to fight through the well known maffia hierarchy). Same old story over again and I love it. Once again, very happy they dumped all the fake gangsta niggas etc.
xorcist
Nutteloos wrote:
I'm mildly disappointed that the trailer is this short. It doesn't tell you anything really, besides that graphics are improved. (which we all knew already)

Ya I saw the trailer to, I wish it was longer maybe 30 seconds longer or something, but so far what they showed and the setting it looks good.
votd
If you look a bit closer into the trailer, you will quickly see what has been changed. First - it looks like they finally got new graphic techniques and effects - HDR and dynamic shadows are finally in GTA. If you look closer at GTA:SA - it wasn't perfect, because there wasn't HDR and even some real dynamic shadows techniques in it. Also the pedestrians are made from much higher quality textures - which is good. And main character - sounds like some guy from Italy? We will see.
Jeff_vella_leone
Teddy1 wrote:
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
MetalFreak wrote:

wow didn't know this one
pc is the best

To a certain extent i would agree. But sometimes PC just doesn't cut it you know ? i mean like with previous instalments you have been able to modify certain aspects of each game. Which i think is really cool. But the hardware in both the PS3 and the X-Box 360 are of high quality. I think for GTAIV to work on the PC you would need something like a 1gb graphics gard 4gb RAM, Just a really high spec machine Laughing.

wow i dont think its needs that much man
i have a 7800gs gf on agp
2.5 gb ram and 3.0 ghz cpu
and im sure it will run fine on my pc
i dont think we have gone that far yet for games
crysis thay is a real monster needs much lerss than that