FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Broken leg

copperhouse
I broke my leg 2 weeks before Christmas, I'm still having trouble walking despite having the plaster off 2 weeks ago. People keep telling me it takes months to recover!
azbuky
Yes, it takes time to heal. And a lot of rebuilding exercises...
copperhouse
azbuky wrote:
Yes, it takes time to heal. And a lot of rebuilding exercises...

Do you have any tricks or rather tips on how I can rebuild my muscles back which I have lost?
Is there a quick road to recover or do I just have to wait....
I used to be a regular jogger who belonged to a club and I wondered if I will ever be able to get back into form again.
So exercises or tips on getting back on the straight and narrow would be very helpful
Thanks.
crimson_aria
my friend broke a leg too once and yes, it took her long to recover. I don't know what she did cause I hardly talk to her. Good luck on your leg. I hope it gets better and soon be back on your normal mode. ^_^
Rico
It really does takes months to recover. Good luck.
Mare
copperhouse wrote:
I broke my leg 2 weeks before Christmas, I'm still having trouble walking despite having the plaster off 2 weeks ago. People keep telling me it takes months to recover!

Look... you had a cast on your leg so your muscles weren't active. They weren't active for so long that they "shrinked" to some point, and they need almost half a year to recover ENTIRELY.
So it is best for you to start working out on your leg immediately so muscels will recover... the sooner the better... Wink

Best thing you can do at start is to go walking and later - long walkink.

Good luck.. it will get better Very Happy
kevin briggs
ask the hospital for some physio,those guys know best.i hope it has healed properly and it is just muscles and tendons which our sore and tight from not being used for so long.
i broke my leg and got a pin and screws in to hold the break together,i think this is best as no cast goes on your leg so you can start physio as soon as the pain leaves you.
Azmo
use it alot.. one easy exercise to do at home is a leg extension..

Sit on a table or something, and place a heavy weight on your foot like a bucket with water in it, and stretch out your leg, and relax.. this works just fine for your legs.. combine this with calf raises, stand on a treshold or something and rise up, standing on your toes, and relax.. don't put your heels down until you are rdy..

Repeat this 3set x 20 lift..

I used this alot when my knee broke down, same for my father and brother, helps you to recover faster.. and ofc, walk on your leg as much as you can.. everything you do will help you recover faster..
starfish2007
takeit from me a runner and amember of a track and feeld team that once had aleg broken. it really does take time to recover but you beable to i suggest lots of legg exersizes legg straches and anyother exersize youcan thinkof to make it strong again good luck hope yourlegg is all better soon
Drawingguy
Are you having physical therapy? A lot of people I know have hurt their bones in one way or another, and from what they've told me, it works really well towards their road to recovery.
Rico
How’s the leg copper? You out and about yet? Must be, its been over six months.