FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My schools new thing...

-]X[iNTaYkE]X[-
My school has something called TAP, Tutorial Assist Program. TAP gives students the chance to make up work or get help from teachers. This year, they are increasing the required credits to graduate for the class of 2010 from 22 credits to 24 credits. This means the class of 2010 can't fail a single class but the other classes can. That's not the only thing our school changed. TAP used to be after school every wednesday but now, we only have it twice a quarter and instead of TAP on the other wednesdays, we have advisory. In advisory, we learn things we already know such as being a good citizen and what being responsible and trustworthy is. Now tell me, if the school wants us to get more credits than the other classes, why are they decreasing the amount of TAP days?
jeromep
Its always like that.. Just like our tuition fees get raised every year.
vertigoflow
-]X[iNTaYkE]X[- wrote:
-snip-In advisory, we learn things we already know such as being a good citizen and what being responsible and trustworthy is. -snip-

Maybe they were finding not all of your classmates already know those things. I can certainly think of a lot of people who could benefit from those lessions
akshar
Quote:
its good that such TAP system is there for school.you can also suggest them to start advertises on the TAP,so that they will get income also.and school will become more popular.
cloudship
It sounds like for some balancing reason.
The point of the TAP program i think is to increase the reasonsibility of the students. Now then you are grown up with the program, you've reached the goal and whether the points could be higher or not is not that important.
paulbarter2
Sometimes these things happen and you just need to raise your game! If it is completely unfair - say something! Get on to the student body and complain. Tell them to get more TAP sessions. Thety are obliged to listen! If you are reasonable and go through the correct channels thay must do something about it.