FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

America's Army

-]X[iNTaYkE]X[-
Quote:
America's Army Game Features
America's Army is one of the five most popular PC action games played online. It provides players with the most authentic military experience available, from exploring the development of Soldiers in individual and collective training to their deployment in simulated missions in the War on Terror.

In America's Army: Special Forces, the follow-up to America's Army: Operations which was released on July 4, 2002, players attempt to earn Green Beret status by completing individual and collective training missions drawn from the Special Forces Assignment and Selection (SFAS) process.

Players who complete the SFAS process have the opportunity to take on elite Special Forces roles and are qualified to play in multiplayer missions with units ranging from the elite 82d Airborne Division to the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Includes the complete game America's Army: Operations.

Features in the current version include:

Content from http://www.americasarmy.com

This game is pretty fun, the most realistic shooting game I have ever played.

For more information, visit http://www.americasarmy.com/intel/features.php
hardcoregamer808
Yes, love the game, used to play it, until I started playing battlefield 2, 2142, and xbox 360
FaLLeN
Yes, quite a good game indeed, ive been playin it nearly a year and a half now.
It's one of the few games that actually takes skill to 'spam' in. It's the most challenging FPS ive played to far and i think ill be playin it for a while to come.
And the aaotracker system is good too, so you can see exatly how many kills you've gotten and stuff..its a nice game.
Im 83 honour woot! Very Happy
-]X[iNTaYkE]X[-
haha, nice, but i kinda quit the game since my laptop somewhat makes the game a bit laggy...
Patriot Players
Mine just randomly stopped showing servers in the list one day, even after downloading the latest patches/etc. Very annoying, anyone know what to do?
hardcoregamer808
Lol i remember the tutorial, and you had to learn about health and crud like that, that was funny.
TarsajumaClan
Ive never been a bigger computer game type of person, is this worth trying out.
Petee
This is a very good game. I haven't played it much, mainly due to lack of time. I've completed all of basic training and have played on a few online servers here and there. It really is a great game. Very realistic, good gameplay, and graphics are pretty good too (I think it uses the Unreal Engine Confused ).

Highly recommend Wink
Yantaal
is the game as good Amricas REAL army? because ifit, hne it has nothing going for it
rongsen
u know America's Army is good but i think Full Spectrum Warrior is much better
Mokona
i used to play this game 24/7 lol
Kirbyssj
A.A is alot of fun but it gets boring after awile since you can end up waiting for new rounds for upwards of 5 min. Also its so hard to kill anyone if your not the sniper or 2 feet away from them.
carlospro7
I have been playing America's Army on and off for about 2 - 3 years. My favorite map for a long time was Bridge Crossing, but I have been expanding my game play to other maps. It's a great game. It took some time to get used to at first though. I was a counter-strike kind of gamer before, and was not used to the slower speed in which AAO is played. The realistic part of it is what keeps me playing the game. As new patches come out though the game play gets slower for me as my computer gets outdated as time goes.
guugu
Nice game but difficult :p Never learned parachuting (passed the course with luck)
FaLLeN
Kirbyssj wrote:
A.A is alot of fun but it gets boring after awile since you can end up waiting for new rounds for upwards of 5 min. Also its so hard to kill anyone if your not the sniper or 2 feet away from them.

Hmmmm i know im gonna seem all up myself here, but how do u need to be 2 feet away?
Haven't you heard of an ironsight? i think the way the bullets are aimed in and out of ironsight is the most realistic so far.
And like i said, even if you have the AR, doesnt mean you will win. Unlike games like call of duty, where if you get the MP44 or some other spammer you will pretty much own. Point is AA takes skill and patience, thats why you barely find annoying little shatheads on there, cause they all quit before they reach 15 honour anyway. Cool Cool
radel
The Newest version of America's Army is the best so far. Now we can create our own maps.
snowboardalliance
Kirbyssj wrote:
A.A is alot of fun but it gets boring after awile since you can end up waiting for new rounds for upwards of 5 min.

Yeah, fun game but it easily takes up a long time because you wait so often. Still I think it's great since it's free.
radel
I really don't get to wait that long for a new round since I'm the one who kills those whose waiting for the next round. That's why the best map for me is the JRTC Farp Raid. Even though its a dark map, there's not that much places to hide so the round lasts about 3 minutes or so.

I always like it when my clanmates would start a ROE party. I already have 3 AA accounts and an account with a 2 honor.Very Happy

AA really needs patience and skill for you to enjoy the game.
jon724
A lot of people i've talked to have told me that the game has the most convincing plot they've seen. I have tried out the game and it seemed pretty good, but it just gets innoying with the one shot dead rules in the game. I like more of a counterstrike and warrock type game play where your lives arn't always limited and you can take more shots which make gameplay a little more enjoyable. America's Army is a pretty cool game though. Very Happy
radel
Quote:
...I have tried out the game and it seemed pretty good, but it just gets innoying with the one shot dead rules in the game. I like more of a counterstrike and warrock type game play where your lives arn't always limited and you can take more shots which make gameplay a little more enjoyable...

I gets annoying when we get killed by just one shot. But thats the best thing about AA, it simulates real life gun battle. In counterstrike, even if you get hit by 3 or more rounds you can still run fast. In AA, getting wounded will affect the gameplay, fatigue and being out of breath will affect your aim, just like in real life. Even moving around when you're already critically wounded will get you killed. (Bled Out) Those things challenges me to be a better player at AA.
CivilizeD
I used to have it was a good fps for being free. Not the best fps though but the best one I know thats free.

I dont like how you can know where people are from shadows going through walls and showing up on the outside of a wall.

And I really hate how small the maps are and how you must run to a certain point everygame asap or lose.

But its still a fairly fun game with decent weapons.

Keep in mind some of the problem I mentioned may have been fixed, because I havent played this game in at least a year so I dont know how well the new updated version is.
Mafiastrike
this is really a nice game and very realistic

only sometimes you see anemys through walls that is a pitty
The_Gamer294
America's Army is as awesome as.. well.. America's Army! beats all other games i've played

-]DR[-The_Gamer294- is my sn
Mare
I'm an addict to this game... I'm playing it for more than one year almost every day and still not got bored by it, and I think I wont be any soon.

I am a member of a Bridge Crossing clan and my nick in AA is -t@.Byteabuser.