FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to rip a audio from a vedio file ?

dude_xyx
Well I have a video file which i want to rip the audio file for a flash project. its a song and i want to put it into a e-card.Anyone know a software which i can use for this ? i have the video clip in both as winamp media file and divx media file.
b4r4t
VirtualDub is the app You need Smile
It's free Smile You may extract audio from video Smile
dude_xyx
b4r4t wrote:
VirtualDub is the app You need Smile
It's free Smile You may extract audio from video Smile

Hey B4r4t Thats seems great application, i downloaded it but have no idea how to rip the audio out of the video file.
b4r4t
15sec on google ...

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/virtualdub_procedures.htm

How?

Virtualdub extracting audio and 7th link from TOP Smile Learn how to search informations on net Smile
niho_gs
Total video converter does that.But it is trial 15 days but you can use it as full 15 days.It is great software.
dude_xyx
niho_gs wrote:
Total video converter do that.But it is trial 15 days but you can use it as full 15 days.It is great software.

Now this tool is the best its really simple to use and support soo many video and audio formats though its a trial version. Thanks Niho , its a really cool software.
umeshtangnu
Well you can extract the audio from video file by using winamp also
CrimsonStrange
dude_xyx, there's an even easier, less-complicated way to get that audio track, without having to "extract" anything from the video you're watching.

All you really need to do to get a high-quality recording of a video's audio track is to just play the video as you normally would, then use whatever program you prefer to record the sound going through your soundcard.

In Windows -
Double-click on your little speaker icon in your taskbar (or however you prefer to get to your Volume Control) and go to Options ---> Properties.

Then, check the Recording option and make sure the Wave or Wave Out Mix or Stereo Mix (or whatever option your particular audio drivers give you) is selected.

Idea To make sure you don't have any of your computer sounds ruining your recording, go to Control Panel ---> Sounds and Multimedia and be sure to choose & apply the "No Sounds" option before you start recording.

Then, just find any program you like to record audio with.

(You can use the default Windows Sound Recorder, but you'll have to fiddle & play with it to create a lengthy recording at high quality.)

A good list of freeware audio recorders from SnapFiles.com

Good luck, dude_xyx! Smile
mOrpheuS
dude_xyx wrote:
Hey B4r4t Thats seems great application, i downloaded it but have no idea how to rip the audio out of the video file.

Drag your video file into VirtualDub, then -
"File" -> "Save Wav"

Optionally, you may want to do -
"Audio" -> "Compression"

Realy, it can't get easier than it's in VirtualDub. Smile
tony
i prefer to use virtual dub. it is free, open-source, and works on any platform.