FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

URL?

Pryme8
I read the TOS but dident see anyting about if we are able to take use a custom URL and cover up the frihost part.... I wana make sure I can once I get my hostspace use my www.prymedesign.com url! Im going to go back over the TOS but to make it a little quicker anybody know if that violates anything?
wumingsden
Pryme8 wrote:
I read the TOS but dident see anyting about if we are able to take use a custom URL and cover up the frihost part.... I wana make sure I can once I get my hostspace use my www.prymedesign.com url! Im going to go back over the TOS but to make it a little quicker anybody know if that violates anything?

Yes, you can use your own domain. You do not have to use the .frih.net domain if you do not want to.
Patriot Players
How do you make that work exactly? I have bought a new domain from register.com and inputted the freehost name servers with them, but that doesnt appear to work. Ive waited for the thing propagate but it seems like it just isnt happening. What else should I be doing? Is there something in the direct admin panel that will take care of this?
Animal
Patriot Players wrote:
How do you make that work exactly? I have bought a new domain from register.com and inputted the freehost name servers with them, but that doesnt appear to work. Ive waited for the thing propagate but it seems like it just isnt happening. What else should I be doing? Is there something in the direct admin panel that will take care of this?

Are you using the correct nameservers? You're hosted on server 2, so the nameservers are ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

Once you've done this, you need to add your domain name in DirectAdmin - to do so, log in, hit Domain Administration and Add a domain. Enter your domain name without the http://www part and save it. Once the nameserver changes have propagated, it should be up and running.
Patriot Players
ah ok then I guess its just taking a while to propagate. I changed the domain that I had built the site on (the .frih.net one) to the one I bought. Hopefully that will work out then.
truespeed
I waited a week thinkin mine hadnt worked,when all along it was there,i kept putting my files into public_html folder and couldnt work out why it wasnt showing up on my domain name,then i realised that instead of clicking on public_html folder i should of clicked on domains above it and there was my domain folder.
Patriot Players
Ack it looks like thats what I did too. Now I need to move everything. Last time I tried to move the directory I had mambo in, I had to redo the entire site. Anyone know if theres a way to avoid this?
Patriot Players
In fact, can anyone tell me what directory I should be installing mambo in? The domain name folder?
Animal
Patriot Players wrote:
Ack it looks like thats what I did too. Now I need to move everything. Last time I tried to move the directory I had mambo in, I had to redo the entire site. Anyone know if theres a way to avoid this?

Probably the easiest way to fix this would be to rename the domain that you've installed Mambo in. Otherwise you'll need to remove it and reinstall it in the correct directory.

Patriot Players wrote:
In fact, can anyone tell me what directory I should be installing mambo in? The domain name folder?

Yeah - if you want it as your "homepage" then you would install it into /domains/<domain_name>/public_html/
If you want it in a subfolder of that (so the address to access Mambo is yourdomain.com/mambo for example), you would install it in /domains/<domain_name>/public_html/mambo/

Remember when creating or renaming domains and folders that the servers run Linux and therefore the folder names are case-sensitive. /Mambo is different to /mambo
Patriot Players
Oh ok, then I did actually install in the right place. But, its been 36hours and the domain still appears not to work. I renamed the domain at the same time as I changed the DNS info with register.com, so they should both finish doing their thing at the same time. Is it normal for it to take this long?
Animal
What's the domain name? I'll check that you've set it up correctly.
Scorpio
If your site is prymedesign.com then it is currently pointed toward
park3.secureserver.net
park4.secureserver.net

You have to point it at ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net
Animal
scorpio wrote:
If your site is prymedesign.com then it is currently pointed toward
park3.secureserver.net
park4.secureserver.net

You have to point it at ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net

That's Prym8's site, not Patriot Players'
Patriot Players
the domain name is patriotplayers.org. Its a high school theatre group.
Animal
Your nameservers are wrong. According to a WHOIS lookup your nameservers are set to be:
Quote:
Name Server:NS1.FRIHOST.NET
Name Server:NS2.FRIHOST.NET

As I stated above, your nameservers need to be ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net since you are on server 2. You're currently trying to use the server 1 nameservers, and this is why it can't find your site.
Patriot Players
Aha, thanks a bunch. Will get that fixed right away.
Patriot Players
Yep that worked. Thanks